• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo III - New Tristram (Prequel of the Borderlands)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
fullscreend.jpg

Diablo III - New Tristram
by Booody, Hell Gate​

Hello and welcome to my project introduction.
My new Diablo III map is a fast RPG map with many references
to the first Diablo III Gameplay Trailer and the Blizzcon 2008 Diablo III Demo:

The map is the Prequel of my Diablo III Borderlands map. It is the first part of my Diablo III Campaign. Borderlands is the second part.

Story
Two decades have passed since the demonic lords, Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal, set out across the world of Sanctuary on a vicious rampage, twisting humanity to their unholy will. Yet for those who battled the Prime Evils, the memory fades slowly.

When Deckard Cain returns to the ruins of Tristram Cathedral seeking clues to defeat new stirrings of evil, a fiery harbinger of doom falls from the heavens, striking the very ground where Diablo once entered the world. This fire from the sky reawakens ancient evils and calls the heroes of Sanctuary to defend the mortal world against the rising powers of the Burning Hells once again.
Features:

- 5 Heroes: Barbarian, Wizard, Witch Doctor, Monk and Demon Hunter
- Custom triggering based abilities
- Difficulty depending on the player amount
- Random Drop System
- Custom enemy AI
- playable with up to 6 Players
- Custom events
- Epic boss fights
- Diablo Feeling

Project Leader: Booody
Triggerer: Hell Gate

The map is inspired from Cloudwolfs map. I have taken some elements from him into my map.

Screenshots:

wc3scrnshot041210231635.jpg

wc3scrnshot040610223930.jpg

wc3scrnshot040610143149.jpg

wc3scrnshot040610143023.jpg

wc3scrnshot040610142811.jpg

wc3scrnshot040610142523.jpg

wc3scrnshot040210234447.jpg

wc3scrnshot041410225338.jpg

wc3scrnshot041410223751.jpg

wc3scrnshot041210233435.jpg

wc3scrnshot040910134718.jpg

cathedral.jpg

Thanks to the following persons:

Cloudwolf for his fantastic map and the inspiration to this map.
Hell Gate for the trigger systems.
Sellenisko for his custom models.
Vengeancekael for the translation.

Recruitment
Searching for:

A Modeler for some model editing or creating
model list:
- activated vessel
- grotesque

I hope you like my project. I am glad for suggestions, opinions and criticism :csmile:

Last edited:
Level 12
Boody this looks really great.
How many time do you have to do such awesome things?

Thx. I have much time at the moment. But I dont know how much time I will have in the future. Why you ask?

I wish i had his terraining skills D: Oh btw, i saw some new spell icons, will you update the ones in borderlands as well? :p

The map based on the Borderlands (v.1.02). The spell icons are updated in the Borderlands and there are the same icons and skills.

I will release a demo of New Tristram in the near future :)

Level 12
I've updated my CustomInventory.
The new UI will look like this now.

79555d1271271855-vjass-system-custominventory-itworks.png

When the new UI and the attachment system is finished we can talk again about implementing it into your map if you wish.

Yes I want to implement your custom inventory in my map. Tell me if you be ready Anachron...

Anachron stop advertising :D So is the demo coming out soon?

I will release the demo at sunday or monday. I have a lot of work until I can release it :)

Level 2
I played the demo (and put in a reply under the maps section), but i will say again that this was great. I noticed the new inventory system, and i was wondering when the map will be playable with that implemented? anyways awesome map. :thumbs_up:

Level 12
I have good news for you. Before the BlizzCon 2010 I will release new versions of Borderlands and New Tristram. There are some bugs fixed and there are added a few new features. At the moment I plan no changes in the inventory system. it would be too much effort. But hell gate and I'll do it properly.

New Tristram will have a smaller map size. it was just too laggy, especially in multiplayer mode. A new feature will be automatically pick of health orbs and mana orbs. Also I am plan a new monk combo system along with a new monk resource system (spirit).

After BlizzCon 2010, I'll update the maps again. New features will include:
- new resource systems for the other classes
- The 5th character class
- More features will be presented at the BlizzCon 2010

Then will follow the third Part of my Diablo III trilogy, including all five character classes...

The next versions (New Tristram v.1.01 and Borderlands v.1.04) will still get a new feature. I'm integrate a new rune system. You can find four types of runes in the game (crimson, gold, indigo, obsidian). A skill rune increases a certain skill of each character class. Runes takes the support slots in inventory one. Therefore, a Hero can only take two runes at once. You must decide whether you uses the inventory places for skill runes or jewelry (rings, amulets). An example of a rune in my maps:

Minor Crimson Rune
Classes: all Classes
increases skills:
Barbarian: Cleave +15% Damage
Wizard: Arcane Orb +25 Area Damage
Witch Doctor: Fire Bomb +50 Area Effect
Monk: Way of the Hundred Fists +15% Damage

Each improved skill (by the rune) has a new effect. Each player in the multiplayer can see skill effects of other players are changed by a rune. The runes promise more skill variety and enable a more complex game. The current runes (they increases attribute) are renamed in elixirs (example: elixir of vitality). I will make the rune system for New Tristram, Borderlands and the third Part and I continue to make new resource systems for all classes, lower cooldowns for many skills and a new fast Monk Combo System...

Level 6
Booody Congratulations!. I've played the borderlands and new tristam maps more than ten times with my friends. Glad to tell you is AWESOME!
The D3WC spirit still alive :D
Keep going! We follow you!

Status
Not open for further replies.