• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Diablo I - WC3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
INTRODUCTION:
I have decided to make a Diablo I map in Warcraft 3 were you will play through
the Diablo story in a three player map.

NOTE: I won't do any Hellfire content! But I might do it in the future!

GAMEPLAY
In game you will have the choise of selecting between three different heroes (Characters) and with them you are
going to explore the tunnels under the Cathedral.

STORY
The story of Diablo is based on the premise of a war between Heaven and Hell. The town of Tristram is brought into this conflict due to the reawakening of the soul of the Lord of Terror. The player arrives at the town after an attack by demons, and the player must save the town and, in effect, the world, by ridding it of the Lord of Terror. As the player delves into the underworld, knowledge about Diablo and some of the history behind the war between Heaven and Hell is revealed. The player also learns that the hero is there to avenge his family who were killed by Diablo.

Diablo, the Lord of Terror, is one of the Three Prime Evils of Hell, the most powerful demons. Before the events of the game in 964, Azmodan and Belial with many other demons rise to form the rebellion which quickly banishes the Prime Evils into the world which is known as the Dark Exile. The archangel Tyrael gathers together mortal heroes to create the Horadrim. He bestows the Soulstones upon them and tasks them with tracking down and imprisoning the Prime Evils. Mephisto is captured near the jungles of Kehjistan and imprisoned under a Zakarum temple in what will eventually become Kurast. Baal is tracked to the desert near Lut Gholein. Tal Rasha, the leader of the Horadrim, sacrifices himself to capture Baal in a damaged Soulstone. Diablo is finally captured by a group of Horadrim monks led by Jered Cain. The monks bury Diablo's Soulstone near the river Talsande in Khanduras, and a Horadric monastery with a network of catacombs is built over the burial spot. Diablo's stone was buried in caverns beneath the town of Tristram, and after centuries, weakened. The eastern lord Leoric comes to Tristram, declares himself its king, and converts the old, long-unused Horadric monastery to a Zakarum cathedral. His advisor, Archbishop Lazarus, secretly releases Diablo from imprisonment. King Leoric descends into madness as he valiantly struggles to resist Diablo's possession. Increasingly deranged, King Leoric begins imprisoning all who question his authority and executing them as traitors. He declares war on the kingdom of Westmarch. Under Diablo's influence, Archbishop Lazarus kidnaps King Leoric's only son, Prince Albrecht. The terrified child is possessed by Diablo.

Lachdanan, captain of King Leoric's army, returns from the disastrous war with Westmarch and is forced to kill Leoric. The fallen monarch curses Lachdanan and his followers with his dying breath. Not long afterward, Lachdanan and the king's guards are attacked by Leoric, resurrected as the Skeleton King, as they attempt to bury him. Under the premise of finding the missing prince, Lazarus led groups of townsfolk into a trap in the labyrinth, where the innocents were killed by demons and slain by a demon called the Butcher.

The game begins shortly after, when the player's character arrives. The player has to fight through sixteen levels to face Diablo, encountering various monsters and quests along the way. The labyrinth descends from a simple dungeon to catacombs to the dark caves and finally the fiery pits of Hell. The player's character fights demons along the way, killing Archbishop Lazarus, the Skeleton King and eventually fighting Diablo. At the end of the game, the player's character kills Diablo's mortal form, leaving Diablo trapped in a soulstone. The hero then pierces himself with the soulstone, attempting to contain the Lord of Terror. Ironically, it is revealed that this is what Diablo had planned, as the hero would be a better host than the prince. Diablo II continues the story, with Diablo having possessed the hero who killed him.

Thanks to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_%28video_game%29

First level in Cathedral;
DiabloWC3Screen3.jpg

DiabloWC3Screen2.jpg

DiabloWC3Screen1.jpg

The Cathedral entrance (so far!);
WC3ScrnShot_070310_042208_03.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_070310_042201_02.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_070310_042151_01.jpg

Credits to;
Tranquil
Misha
hellblazer-14
Dan van Ohllus,
for their exellent models.

Last edited:
Level 24
Dude you've made nearly no progress at all and the first post contains little to no information. Seriously, you can do better than this. Everyone hasn't played Diablo 1, so I strongly suggest writing a bit about the gameplay, story and such.

Level 4
I was just about to do that today since I didn't have time to write more than the Introduction yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.