• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo 2 ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Diablo 2 MRPG

Diablo 2 MRPG

About Diablo

This is a Diablo 2 MRPG project. This will be a Diablo 2 map with act 5 included (act 5 is in the expansion pack)
This will be 5 acts 5 maps.

Story of Diablo

Diablo has taken over the hero who managed to defeat him , and is on a quest to release his brothers, Mephisto Lord of Hatred and Baal Lord of Destruction. You must go after Diablo and destroy him once and for all. Through the course of the game you are taken to the ruins of Tristram, destroyed by Diablo, to the catacombs there andariel waits, Through the deserts of Lut Gholein, and down into the bowels of Hell itself. But holy knights and rebels are helping the last Horodrim, Deckard Cain, and a benevolent Acrchangel Tyrael, to defeat the great evil. You must find and destroy Baal at Mount Arreat, where the Worldstone, the Heart of the world is kept. He is trying to corrupt it for his own purposes, you have to stop him, and send him and his brothers Mephisto and Diablo back to hell.

Triggers

I have done a saving/loading system in this map so i can create a hero in act 1 and then load it in another map with the same data.
With the spells. Im pretty unsure what i should do with this part. I thought for a second to do all the spells and then make a talent actionbar like the one in diablo 2. But its very much work! So if you guys have any ideas about this it would be awesome!
The quests should be the same as in diablo 2.
The inventory. I will use my own inventory system in GUI but its still not finished.

Heroes

I will start making Barbarian, sorceress, necromancer and druid. It depends how many spells im going to do :p
I will use the villager with 40 animations that .KC did as a base for the barbarian and for the druid. And im going to use the tool that you can use several skins to one model :)

Items

I am using that villager model because when a unit equips an weapon (sword) he will be holding a sword in his hand. Same thing with armor, helmet and off hand.

Terrain

Terrainer: Solaris

It should be like the diablo 2 terrain :)

And ofc i will give credits to everyone who is apart of this map.
Please comment what you think! And new ideas are always welcome here!
Thanks for reading!

Regards Chewii

Last edited:
Level 6
Orpg means open rpg, with the 2 screenshots I saw, it looks like you're bound to
the stories of act 1 with the den of evil. What you should do is either rename
the map to Diablo 2 RPG or to make the heroes, make the towns but leave the
worlds open for anything. Add new quests [yeah maybe the real ones into it] but
also make your own quests and dungeons.

I can tell you right away, the terrain will not be accepted. You used blizz cliffs
and many ppl don't like it. Making a cave entrance tutorial can be found on this
site to make your den of evil. And at first sight the Blood Moore looked really
tiny and may no include many quests other than "Slay 5 Goblins 3 Quill Rats and
1 Zombie".

Make your quests so they don't look like WoW's quests. Think Diablo for the
quests. Anya's Frozen Cell, Larzuk that wanted us to cross the whole
battlefield to kill that big commander, the cube horadrim + staff. All those
quests needed you to fight your way through dangerous places and fight very
powerful ennemies.

Good luck with your map.
Druu

Level 11
Orpg means open rpg, with the 2 screenshots I saw, it looks like you're bound to
the stories of act 1 with the den of evil. What you should do is either rename
the map to Diablo 2 RPG or to make the heroes, make the towns but leave the
worlds open for anything. Add new quests [yeah maybe the real ones into it] but
also make your own quests and dungeons.

I can tell you right away, the terrain will not be accepted. You used blizz cliffs
and many ppl don't like it. Making a cave entrance tutorial can be found on this
site to make your den of evil. And at first sight the Blood Moore looked really
tiny and may no include many quests other than "Slay 5 Goblins 3 Quill Rats and
1 Zombie".

Make your quests so they don't look like WoW's quests. Think Diablo for the
quests. Anya's Frozen Cell, Larzuk that wanted us to cross the whole
battlefield to kill that big commander, the cube horadrim + staff. All those
quests needed you to fight your way through dangerous places and fight very
powerful ennemies.

Good luck with your map.
Druu

Thanks for the comment :) it helps! Well as i said i have a terrainer spot available im not good at it. A guy said he wanted but i asked him if he had played diablo 2 before if he answears no then he can't i think. It depends if he's willing to look up how the terrain looks like on internet. Ye i know blood moor is quite small i will do it bigger :p
And ORPG i thought it stood for Online Roling Playing Game :S my fault i will change that right away xD I have thought that for 6 years now hahahaha ^^

Level 3
I might be able to help with ideas and terraining if you want. I worked on a Diablo 2 Hero Defense map, and played Diablo's quite alot. If you'd gimme something to contact you with, we could talk.

Level 16
2 weeks, I will wait for that, :D

I would be interested to trigger spells for your map :D, but I never seen Diablo II Spells.
lol...

It probably won't look like Diablo II, it won't work out, so I will pass.

Anyways, what i want to suggest is, never place Boring Quest, even if it exist in the real game.

Never always look upon what has been made as your image of your map, it may distract your originality and your imagination. you can give the elements to make them feel like Diablo II, but, never always follow them if it is not that good, as we say, innovation is what is needed, what is the point creating it in Wc III if it is not different at all? your map will have no point to be played, we rather play the original Diablo II.

If you can make it better than Bliz.. Do it.. coz i see future in your map :D

Aim for the Top!
hope the map lives up more than my expectation, or my imagination.
More than any DC maps is ever worth for.
because this map is coming from you after all, chewii.

*Additionally, from my own view, a map is interesting, as more and more is to be learned, or Explored in it. i suggest for more secrets, that can be unlocked, everywhere and anywhere. even a very little secrets can make the map Exciting, the more there is, the more hidden it is, the more worth it is, is what somehow made bliz maps Actually Pretty fun to play! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.