• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

5 acts 5 maps or 5 acts 1 map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello im doing a diablo 2 map. But i want to hear some suggestions about this.

I want to do all 5 diablo act in 1 map. But even if i select that the map should be epic it will still be too small for all waypoints and everything for all acts. So i have to do 5 different maps i think... But then you cant travel from act 1 to act 2 :p and that's not so good. Any other good suggestions guys ? ^^

Level 3
Is it going to be single-player or multiplayer? If single-player, definately make it a 5-act campaign, so you can fit everything. Besides, the original Diablo II was split into separate maps, so this'll help make your game feel genuine.

If it's multiplayer, keep it to one map for the sake of simplicity. Just make it a really really big map, and even then condense things.

Level 11
in blizzcon they mentioned going underground

perhaps you can find a way to go underground 5 times, each layer a different act

Do you know how to go underground? :p that would be awesome man!

And thank you all for your suggestions!! i actually want to do all acts in one map. BTW its multiplayer with save :) And i guess i will find a way to get the save work in different maps. But 5 acts 5 maps that will be the last thing i will do. Cuz im in a petty hard situation if i do act 1 2 3 but 4 and 5 doesn't fit :S Then im pretty well how wold you feel ? ^^ So i will pfob go with the 5 acts 5 maps thing if the underground thingy doesn't work..

Level 12
You know that you can do multiplayer + different maps, it is easy. You just need the EXACTLY same object data in each of the maps. Then use a normal save/load system and wupti you can save and load your character in all the 5 maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.