• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo 2: WC3 Remake, Act 2 (Incomplete, old map)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi Everyone!

I've moved well and truly on from mapmaking and WC3 as I've grown older, but I came across lots of my old maps the other day and found my WIP Act 2 Map. I used to make maps here back in the day (around 2007-09).

My Act 1 Map can be found here;
Diablo 2 - Act 1

I've attached my WIP Act 2 map, if anyone was waiting on this with baited breath. It's only populated with units up until the Far Oasis, but is traversable all the way to Duriel. Hopefully this can provide some entertainment. I've also left the map unlocked so that people might be able to view and learn from the map setup etc.

The map requires a load code, the system was fairly simple. Use any of the below for a debug hero;
-load A1131-11511-NNNN2-17 (Level 35 Necromancer)
-load B1131-11511-NNNN2-17 (Level 35 Barbarian)
-load C1131-11511-NNNN2-17 (Level 35 Amazon)
-load D1131-11511-NNNN2-17 (Level 35 Druid)
-load E1131-11511-NNNN2-17 (Level 35 Sorceress)
-load F1131-11511-NNNN2-17 (Level 35 Assasin)
-load G1131-11511-NNNN2-17 (Level 35 Paladin)

Some screenshots from Act 1;
A1 - Andariel.JPG A1 - Blood Raven.JPG A1 - Forgotten tower.JPG A1 - Outer cloister.JPG A1 - Secret cow level.JPG

Some screenshots from Act 2;
A2 - Arcane sanctuary.JPG A2 - Claw viper temple.JPG A2 - Duriel.JPG A2 - Luht Golein.JPG A3 - Tyrael.JPG

Some screenshots from Act 2 gameplay;

A2 - Amazon Lightning Fury.png A1 - Waypoints.png A2 - Druid Firestorm.png A2 - Necromancer Poison Nova.png A2 - Necromancer Skeletons.png
A2 - Sorceress Frozen Orb.png A2 - Sorceress Meteor.png

I hope people enjoy the map and may learn and harvest ideas and techniques from it.

All the best to a fantastic community I was priveleged to be a part of.

Signing out,

Gavdaman88

Attachments

• Diablo 2 - Act 2 (v1.00) by gavdaman88.w3x
    3.3 MB · Views: 199
Level 11
It's great to see a remake. I trust the storyline is good as well? Is it based on the original Diablo 2? Or is it identical to it? I haven't downloaded yet cuz something is up my back.

I would love to see more, like the story or elements or any special features.

I noticed the terrain and atmosphere: it is, sorry, a bit off. Maybe you can change it to become darker? Tinting a unit requires careful touch. Like this "Archer":

a1-blood-raven-jpg.287594

The red tint is somewhat unnatural. Did you set its RGB to 255 0 0 ? Add some G and B as well, a little, just to prevent it from making it like the unit is in danger. Perhaps you can find a skin for it? Or is that archer cursed, so as a buff it is red (like the Alchemist I remembered from DotA 1).

The lighting and atmosphere can be a little darker I guess for this scene since it is of a graveyard.

No matter, I wish you luck! Refine and refine! We will be patient, I suppose! Keep the hype around the Hive!

Status
Not open for further replies.