• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo 2 Act I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi!
This map is my version of Diablo2 Act I. It's not finished (work in progress) but I hope it will be soon. :) At this moment you can choose Warrior (max. 19 lvl) or Archer (max. 9 lvl) as your hero. Caster will be added in later versions.

Gameplay is similar as it was in D2. Items which you'll gather in the middle of doing quest and slaying monsters are randomly generated so there are many combinations to find (gray - with socket, white - normal, blue - magic and green - unique).

Like I said, this map isn't finished so it probably has a lots of bugs but I'm still working on it. :)

This map is made as a campaign and is using game cache to store your hero. There are some places game will save your progress by itself but if you want to do it manually just write -save. And one thing, don't use standard W3 saving - it will crash the game when you will try to load it.

IMPORTANT! Before you leave the game, write -save and when you want to load it just start the map and then choose "load your hero" from campaign window.

I hope you like the map!

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps.php?id=8mmvge

Level 5
New version available.

0.42 changelog:
- abilities points increased form 4 to 5,
- window with statistics points doesn’t popup automatically after your hero gains level (there is new icon below hero’s icon),
- little changes in graphic (terrain fog, lighting, etc),
- added some new effects (blood after killing monsters, filter when opening inventory/abilities),
- mercenary’s attack speed decreased,
- some little changes.

Level 9
Dont use filters in multi maps. ever. they block tooltips.

And if you want inspiration I've also made an act 1 map, and at the moment am in the process of beefing it up big time.

I suggest rather than classes warrior/ranger/caster you use the actual heroes, so barbarian/amazon/sorceress instead. If you need more advice pm me by any means.

Level 5
Dont use filters in multi maps. ever. they block tooltips.
It's a single player only.

And if you want inspiration I've also made an act 1 map, and at the moment am in the process of beefing it up big time.
I saw and played your map. Did you play mine? :p

I suggest rather than classes warrior/ranger/caster you use the actual heroes, so barbarian/amazon/sorceress instead. If you need more advice pm me by any means.
My idea is a little bit different. Less classes with more abilities. I'm not trying to do exact version of D2 act 1.

Level 9
Yep did try it, and I do like the equipment system and skill trees a lot. And filters are ok in singleplayer if they're in singleplayer, but I wouldn't recommend them if they're not in cinematics because as I said before, they block tooltips...

Good luck with your map, and well done on continuing a map for much longer than most people would here.

Level 5
0.43 changelog:
- from now on you can only use a unique name for each hero (two or more heroes with the same name caused a game bug),
- added shrines with random buff (eg. damge boost, speed boost).

Level 2
After I save the guy in the 3rd mission, the quest still incomplete. I meet the man in the base but nothing happen. Is this a bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.