• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo 2 - Act 1 (ORPG with save/load per act)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Diablo 2 - Act 1 (ORPG with save/load per act) V1.00 RELEASED!

Map link

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=115288

Diablo 2 – Act 1 (The re-release)

Here you will soon be able to download my very own remake of Blizzards Act 1 in Diablo 2. This map aims to replicate Act 1 as closely as possible in all ways. Why do so you ask? It provides a new experience and edge to Diablo 2, warcraft 3 takes away some nuisances such as clicking every time for an attack, as well as giving the game a new graphical interface. Anyway I’ll break this map down into sections for you guys.

Quests and players

All six quests are found in this map, 2 of them will be optional but with good rewards. Don’t worry Handicaps are in this map, the more players the higher experience gained but the stronger Diablo’s minions become. In solo player you will gain half the experience you would in 2 player, and a third of three players and so on so forth. However due to xp being shared this will result in you finishing act 1 at a similar level no matter how many players. This map can technically be enjoyably played by 1 person, but 6 for a full house.

So…. Where to start… there’s just so much in this map!

Terraining and artwork

The terrain of this map is like diablo 2 in it’s dark and macabre feel, but at the same time is very warcraft like to merge the two worlds together. The terraining is of a high standard as you will see in so to be uploaded screenshots, and every single area has been created, from the rogue encampment all the way to Andariel’s catacombs lair.

This map also features a variety of custom skins and icons. Most icons and skins are created by me, but where they are not reference is made in the map dialog in-game. The skin I have made for this map are;

Andariel (succubus reskinned)
Druid (furion reskinned)
Sorceress (jaina color change)
Barbarian (grom reskinned)

Most custom icons are from the widely popular blizzard model pack, despite all this the map totals to less than 3 MB making it battle net friendly.

Monsters

All monsters from act 1 will be encountered along the way. You begin fighting brainless zombies that just charge and attack slowly, as well as fallens who are with trustworthy shamans who raise them from the dead until you slay them. Eventually you will encounter mainly two types of foes, melee and ranged. Ranged are harder to deal with due to their distance and monsters being in their way, but are still not too much of a threat. The monsters alone are weak, but in this map will fight you in packs of about 3-8. Come unprepared and you will be taken down quickly, fight in a team and you will survive.

Throughout the map are the well recognized super uniques, ranging from blood raven all the way to andariel herself. Each of them uses custom abilities such as blood raven creating undead minions and andariel throwing poisoned missiles across the room. Each super unique will leave behind unidentified items which will be explained now.

Items

Ok here’s the rundown, this act contains

5 normal helms
5 normal gloves
5 normal boots
5 normal armor
5 normal shields
10 normal weapons

3 magic helms
3 magic gloves
3 magic boots
3 magic armor
3 magic shields

4 unique helms
4 unique gloves
4 unique boots
4 unique armor
4 unique shields
10 unique weapons

Minor healing potions
Light healing potions
Minor mana potions
Light mana potions
Rejuvenation potions
Scrolls of identify (to tomes)
Scrolls of town portal (to tomes)
As well as quest items

Each upcoming act (I’m making all 5) will have this. The armor and weapons change per act. Unidentified items are found from chests and off super unique monsters, and there will be enough to share with friends playing. They contain extra bonuses over normal items which drop off monsters quite often as well as potions and scrolls. Scrolls and potions will stack to 20 and 30 respectively.

Heroes

The 7 classes of Diablo 2 have been created in this map. Each has a different initial stat build, and each must choose different stats out of the following

Strength - +damage
Dexterity - +armor +attack speed
Vitality - +hp
Energy - +mana +mana regen

You get 5 stat points for each level you gain which you spend on these. A class such as barbarian would choose strength and vitality to be a tank, whilst a sorceress may choose to go all energy to become a spell dynamo.

Each hero has three skill trees, as they put points in them the skills grow like this;
Level 1 spell A
Level 1 spell A Level 1 spell B
Level 1 spell A Level 1 spell B Level 1 spell C
Level 1 spell A Level 1 spell B Level 1 spell C Level 1 spell D
Level 2 spell A Level 1 spell B Level 1 spell C Level 1 spell D
Level 2 spell A Level 2 spell B Level 1 spell C Level 1 spell D

Etc. Until the tree is maxed to

Level 5 spell A Level 5 spell B Level 5 spell C Level 4 spell D
Level 5 spell A Level 5 spell B Level 5 spell C Level 5 spell D

But this takes 25 points, so you will be focusing on two skill trees probably.

Hero classes are the following

Sorceress
Cold skills – Ice bolt, shiver armor, Glacial spike, Frozen orb
Fire skills – Enchant, Warmth, Meteor, Hydra
Lightning skills – teleport, Static field, nova, chain lightning

Necromancer
Summoning skills – Raise skeleton warrior, Blood golem, Raise skeletal mage, Skeletal mastery
Bone/poison skills – Teeth, bone armor, Poison explosion, Poison nova
Curses – Amplify damage, weaken, Iron maiden, Life tap

Barbarian
Warcries - Shout, taunt, warcry and battle orders
Combat masteries – Weapon mastery, Increased stamina, Increased speed and Iron skin
Combat skills - Leap, Leap attack, Whirlwind, Berserk

Amazon
Javelin and spear skills - Jab, Poison javelin, Plague javelin, Lightning fury
Passive and magic skills - Critical strike, Penetrate, Decoy and Valkyrie
Bow and crossbow skills - Magic arrow, Ice arrow, Exploding arrow and immolation arrow

Assasin
Traps – Fire blast, Blade shield, Lightning sentry and Death sentry
Shadow disciplines – Burst of speed, Claw mastery, Mind blast and Venom
Martial arts - Tiger strike, Fists of fire, Blades of ice and Dragon flight|

Paladin
Defensive auras - Prayer, Defiance, Vigor, Meditation
Offensive auras - Thorns, Holy freeze, Holy shock, Conviction
Combat skills - Smite, Holy bolt, Zeal, Fist of the heavens

Druid
Elemental skills - Firestorm, arctic blast, Tornado, Hurricane
Shapeshifting skills - Werebear, Maul, Shockwave and Fury
Summoning skills - Raven, Summon spirit wolf, Heart of wolverine, Summon grizzly

All of these abilities do the same, if not very similar things to in Diablo 2. No poor blizzard copied abilities (unless it makes sense). Things such as auras activate and deactivate, and summoned units are not controllable but still follow you around and help you.

New systems

Firstly mercenaries are available after quest 2, and as you grow stronger so will they. Each level you gain boosts their health, and if they die a new one can be bought.

As mentioned earlier items like scrolls and potions stack. A stash is around for those with not enough space, and also you can open your backpack to store an extra six items, but whilst in it will not have your other six items in use. This backpack is for storage only, usually you will only use six items at once wc3 style.

Waypoints are in this map, when you find a new one it is unlocked in your options, and when you go to a waypoint a menu will appear, letting you travel to any unlocked waypoints easily and quickly.

Saving/loading

In my map saving can only be done once per act, and only once the act has been completed. It may be extreme but it’s closer to the diablo2 experience. You must also surpass level 10 in act 1 to save to stop people joking around or cheating. The save load code only stores class, level and any additional stat or skill point rewards you find in your quest.

Items are not saved as they are easy to find as well as too good to begin an act with. Do not try to break the save load code, it is encrypted with a secret formula that will be unobvious to see.

Act 2 will go into production once act 1 has been released. In act 2 you will only be able to load an act 1 character, and will not be able to make a new one during act 2.

It will be epic.

Youtube footage of the sorceress and two quests (an older version in terms of items)
YouTube - Diablo 2 wc3 custom map - Blood raven
YouTube - My diablo 2 map - sorceress skill trees
YouTube - Diablo 2 wc3 custom map - Den of evil
YouTube - My custom diablo 2 map - some abilities
(screenshots to come)

Map download here
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=115288

Attachments

• attack1.JPG
    attack1.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,021
  • attack2.JPG
    attack2.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,451
  • attack3.JPG
    attack3.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 2,646
  • blood moor.JPG
    blood moor.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,238
  • arctic blast.JPG
    arctic blast.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 4,707
  • denfinish.JPG
    denfinish.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 1,454
  • denofevil.JPG
    denofevil.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 518
  • encampment.JPG
    encampment.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 491
  • explain.JPG
    explain.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,096
  • firestorm.JPG
    firestorm.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 807
  • quest1.JPG
    quest1.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 556
  • ravens.JPG
    ravens.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 624
  • quest2.JPG
    quest2.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 644
  • potion1.JPG
    potion1.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 511
  • levelup.JPG
    levelup.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,376
  • selection.JPG
    selection.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 514
  • stats.JPG
    stats.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 725
  • the oculus.JPG
    the oculus.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 2,054
  • title.JPG
    title.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,038
  • tome of identify.JPG
    tome of identify.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 735
  • unique armor.JPG
    unique armor.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 1,656
Last edited:
Level 5
I always wanted to make map like this. It's ownage man :)

BTW> In Diablo II formulas for hp and exp are:

X = X0 * (N + 1) / 2

Where X is HP of monsters or exp gained by players and N number of players in the game). X0 is value for N = 1 (singleplayer). So for 8 player's mobs are 4,5 times stronger, not 8.

Level 9
Ah... just realised I wrote it wrong but thanks for the formula!

+ rep

Currently an extra player results in
10/15/20/25/30/35% experience rate
+15% health per player in game per monster
+3 damage per player in game per monster

Alpha testing may change these figures somewhat

Level 5
So, are you trying to make this map as similar to original Diablo II as possible? If so I can help you with the details. I've got this page with innerworkings of the game explained. Unfortunately (for you) it is entirely written in Polish. I could try helping you obtaining some info if you need it.

Level 9
Well the formulas aren't entirely important as the experience collection and some other mechanics differ in warcraft 3. I'll probably wait until it's been released before heavily editing any mechanics. It moreso emulates wc3 via abilities, items and terrain rather than the engine itself (although things like mercenaries and cameras are largely the same).

Oh and if anyone noticed.... that's andariel in my sig!

Level 17
Looks good so far, I only dislike the Inferno spell (Breath of Fire is boring) and the druid skin's head.
I figured out how to kick cheating players in single player
, that's insn't new, and you shouldn't do it. Only activate in multiplayer mode, removing the cheats from single player is useless and people should deside themselves if they want to cheat or not.

Level 9
that's insn't new, and you shouldn't do it. Only activate in multiplayer mode, removing the cheats from single player is useless and people should deside themselves if they want to cheat or not.

But I want to make it so that this map is playable in single player just as easily as multiplayer. Gameplay wise it works but I still want to make this map filled with authentic players. Unless they break the load code, which they most probably will all players will play by my rules :thumbs_up:

I only dislike the Inferno spell (Breath of Fire is boring)

It actually used to be a dummy unit summoning a long stream of cluster rockets, but issues with dummies being locusted but needing to be removed as soon as the sorceress moves arose. I'll see what I can do in later versions (some acts will receive changes to abilities separate from the others)

Still waiting on my friend for the multiplayer alpha test. Single player run was near flawless so that part is good to go. (and reskinning the gargantuan beast from a furblog at the moment).

Level 17
It actually used to be a dummy unit summoning a long stream of cluster rockets, but issues with dummies being locusted but needing to be removed as soon as the sorceress moves arose. I'll see what I can do in later versions (some acts will receive changes to abilities separate from the others)
, maybe use dummy units which have immolation and spawn them in a row.

Level 9
Well,how much time do you think it will take until the release

Just got to find time where me and my friends can all test this map in multiplayer. Technically I could release it right now but it could be bugged. The map itself is basically complete (just added some awesome special effects to spells today, lightning fury of the amazon is orgasmic :xxd:)

It's perfect in single player as far as I could see (I did 7 entire playthroughs once with each class). Just uploading a youtube video to show off some of the custom effects I added to spells.

If my friends haven't managed to test this map with me by Wednesday then I'll probably just release it as it is.

Level 7
This sounds so cool :grin: i really looking forward for the releace
but i think you should turn off Masked Area are partially visible in map option
and lock the camera to the selected hero if you havent

Level 9
This sounds so cool i really looking forward for the releace
but i think you should turn off Masked Area are partially visible in map option
and lock the camera to the selected hero if you havent

Thankyou :grin:

As for the camera, here's the rundown;
The camera initially when you start after choosing a hero is locked to your hero with the typical 3/4 down diablo 2 camera, but if you type -unlock the camera can be scrolled around with the 3/4 angle still applied. I did this because a lot of people I know like using the minimap, and locked cameras disallow this. You can type -lock to reattatch the camera to your hero.

You can also type -in and -out to extend or compress the size of the field you view, -in contains more detail but less range, and -out is the opposite.

A video of effects has been uploaded for your enjoyment guys :grin:
YouTube - My custom diablo 2 map - some abilities

Level 1
I want to try your map gavdaman
Or if any1 can host it ?
cause i would if i had the map !!
Add me on warcraft 3 b.net east server
my name on b.net is :Darmaniac

Level 9
Just organised an alpha test with my friend in four hours time. If all goes well the hive will have this map in about 4 and a half hours :grin: I'm not sure how bad this map will leak (I don't use destroy scripts, I might try using them in act 2 if necessary). Lag has seemed minimal in all test runs so far with 2 players, with 6 I'm not sure how this would handle, not too badly I'd imagine (I use point references as little as possible in my GUI).

Oh and new loading screen added, it's sweet.

EDIT: Currently removing most leaks from my map as it lags a bit online with more than 2 people. Removed some and it's already much better. Just about to test it for hopefully the final time.

ALPHA TEST 1 COMPLETE
It lasted a whole 5 minutes. Backpack opened and closed too slow, there was some delay caused by more leaks, barbarian leap attack was messed up as was the camera. All but leap attack are now fixed. Alpha test 2 is underway tommorow morning, if that works then this map is ready to be released!

ALPHA TEST 2 COMPLETE
We got to the stony field and his net disconnected, no fault of the map I'm sure. The map seems good to go, and if bugs exist in multiplayer we couldn't find them. I think the map is good for a first release, I'm uploading it to the map section currently. I'll post link when it's there...

RELEASED AT THIS LINK
Download here =)

Attachments

• www.jpg
    www.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 901
Last edited:
Level 2
Nice, already playing, you should probably update 1st post.

Anyway found a bug, or maybe it was intended that way. When you open back pack all your stat bonuses from item are changed to the items you are holding in back pack, so basicly its switching the main slots...

Level 9
Intended, the backpack is there for quick switchouts or for storage only.

And thanks for the review Spectre, much appreciated. Currently trying to remove all leaks from the map (there are still lots in the ability triggers). Many people complained of lag in this map, my computer is high end so I experience none but I would recommend playing on lowest settings if this is the case, see if that helps.

EDIT
Version 1.01 released
Changelog
Lag significantly reduced in multiplayer
Lag eliminated in single player
Backpack opening speed increased

Last edited:
Level 1
Ok so i tried the map with 2 people in it,
first : Actual looks of the map is AWSOME,
second : i took paladin as its my favorite d2 hero
Tried 3 skills, prayer, defensive aura and thorns
thorns being the best ones since monster die really easy if melee
ranged get no damage but that good,
prayer aura is just to weak, no point of using
should boost it to 2 hp regen
that would be not to much
or make it upgradable ?

After all of this, i think i got my lvl 2 in the second crypt at blood raven ,
doesnt say the exp is slow ,its ok if the map is balance
and i think its not bad
after i found out about the backpack , i put all armos and weapon in my first inventory and scroll,healing pots, in backpack
but when i use the backpack to use potions,
you dont have any armor or damage bonuses.
and if you forget to switch back to armor inventory then ur screwed
anyway bonuses should still be on with backpack open if you can

my character had no problem getting exp and all
but the guy with me took amazon class
and when he was at 86 exp
his character stop gaining exp so he was stuck to lvl 1
that why we quit the game
would be too hard to continue
we were done with the stoney field when we decide to quit game ,
telling my comrade i would write about it

and charsi does work or not ? there is no shop to buy armor or weapon,
where is gamble shop ?
that would be nice to have
and. was hard to find out the WP is the backpack icon that changes
maybe you should make some text appear to tell you to use backpack icon for WP or something
would be fun to have a little bit of control on mercenary to equip item
or did you think about the fact we can drop item on her ?
i didnt try that
anyway
after all of this
still a nice map !
ill be waitting for update to play again since this is what i was waitting for !
cant wait to be able to save game at lvl 10 and andariel death,
but i need a competent team to get there :p

and yes i have high end computer and got no lag
thanks

Last edited:
Level 9
Due to the fact I need to give this map some time to receive attention as well as engine tweakings I have began to make act 2 models and skins.

The first on display, a greater mummy. Hope you like the look of him the skin took a while.

Attachments

• greatermummy.JPG
    greatermummy.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 345
Level 2
Just a suggestion , but couldn't you trigger second independent inv. , (its not that hard,), 1st one is usually full from the start, and switching back and fort for healing or mana pots can make a difference in a close fight, especially when you have some nice items in 1st backpack and you need those stat boosts...

Level 1
Very nice act 2 skin Gavdaman
ill be playing on week end and try to beat andariel and get a save game :)
will i be able to load it in act 1 after ?
this map will own when all little detail will be implented :)

Level 9
If I did I'd need an invisible spell book to be used, and the hero has all but no room left for abilities unfortunately. Also with the sheer amount of items in this map and some of the bonuses they provide a second inventory is not possible. It is just as easy to hold healing potions and 5 pieces of equipment.

Level 9
Why thankyou.

v1.03 has been released, minor bug fixes, camera is improved and the map is smaller in size, as well as fucntioning better on lower line computers.

If you are using v1.00 or v1.01 stop right now and download v1.03 please! The leaking in v1.00 and 1.01 causes huge lag in multi and single on lower pcs.

Once most bugs are removed from the basic engine of the game I will begin act 2.

Level 7
Wow when you said faster you really meant faster! The loading time was probably 2-3 mins faster!

But I found a bug, whenever you teleport, the camera unlocks from the unit. This also happens when you enter caves

Level 1
Hey gav , i just played a game until lvl 7, we were in outer cloister, got the WP and we were searching the hammer for blacksmith,
and when trying to enter barrack, would not let us, we were stuck in outer cloister , had to quit :(

Level 3
Hey I played your map and here is my review:

In my opinion, you have made bad design decisions. While the accuracy of your map to the original game is not bad, it is very annoying to play it. You NEED hotkeys to the ability trees, as it is supremely annoying to the point of unplayable that I have to manually click to open my spell trees continually just to access one skill inside. This is a ridiculous design flaw. Another equally ridiculous design flaw is that you have no hotkey for your backpack so its very slow to open. Your entire map boils down to one of the most annoying manual clickfests I have ever played.

Also, you have several bugs, the largest of which is that when you access your backpack, your hero loses his item bonuses and picks up the bonuses of the items in your backpack. This is a definite no no. In a game where you have only 6 inventory slots and 6 item types you can wear (helm, boots, gloves, armor, weapon, shield), it becomes necessary to continually switch to your backpack (or even have your backpack open all the time) to use your potions. Unfortunately I lose all my stat bonuses this way, and on top of that YOUR BACKPACK HAS NO HOTKEY. Throw in the fact that your game is very potion intensive (this is Diablo aferall), and you have a recipe for failure. Basically. You need a potion belt system.

Another annoying bug is that your agility stat does not calculate correctly! It says each point of agility contributes to 0.2 armor in the info panel (or something to that effect), but it does not. This annoyed my friend who was playing a Pally so badly when he realized it that he immediately quit the game.

Some issues include that when I find an item for another class I cannot pick it up to store, my backpack can't pick it up either, and that items are so tiny with your zoomed out camera that it actually becomes difficult and tedious to click them. With so much loot on the ground after every fight, this becomes quite an annoying issue (not to mention the fact that I have to continually open my backpack to switch things in and out).

I was playing your sorceress, and I found the class to be very bland and weak before the 3rd tier of any skill tree. THis is probably a calculated effect, but annoying nonetheless, but what was most annoying, was that for a spell spamming sorceress I had the most annoying time every continually opening my fire skill tree to use enchant then going back out and clicking my ice skill tree to use frost bolt. Every time I accidently unclicked my hero, I would have to do this all over again. Jesus. Also, there is no information that tells me whether any of my stats increases my spell damage. This indicates to me that I probably must spam spells (quantity over quality) as a necessity, however the problems above killed that experience.

On the list of minor issues, you also do not store your quests in the quest log for some inexplicable reason and you use custom skins/models for your heroes that don't look like the characters from D2. If you're going to import custom stuff for your heroes, then you might as well find sutff that actually looks like the heroes from D2 to waste map file size on.

On the bright side. Your terrain was acceptable (but rather bland in comparison to good rpgs), your enemies were pretty accurate to the real thing, and your quests and overall themes are pretty accurate as well to D2. The other thing that was nice was the potion and scroll stacking, however this has become a standard in rpgs nowadays. Also, your spell effects at high levels were rather impressive (frost orb) but other than that, the rpg itself was throughly a nightmare to play and not particularly interesting enough to capture my attention (well it IS Diablo 2, a game I have already played).

This is the first time my friend actually quit a game outright because of sheer frustration, so I suggest you address the issues above. Keep in mind that we have played pretty much every good rpg on the planet, so this was only disappointing relative to the standard.

We played your latest version, version 1.04.

Level 1
ok here another time :
i played again until outer cloister and when we want to go in the barrack area it says :
Now entering barrack area
Entering outer cloister area

it does not work, you get stuck in the outer cloister.
so we cant go and kill andariel :(

another things is
i put all my armor weapon in first inventory
and when i change inventory to identify an item or something
and i change back to my weapons and armor
your hp will be at the max without armor, so you lose hp for trying to use potions and scrolls

but really id like to play farter then outer cloister 2 time im stuck there please gav !!!

Level 9
Crikey!

Still the hotkey issue is fair enough, I didn't consider them before due to not playing warcraft with them, but I can change that.

Skill trees will be assigned to J,K,L for all heroes,
The skills inside will be assigned to Y,U,I,O for all heroes

These are all rather close, the backpack will be assigned to B

I'll get this done for version 2. As for the backpack thing, I usually suggest to ths criticism (people have said this before) that you must choose 1 type or equipment (usually helms or boots) not to use and make potions there.

(I just had a potion belt idea, unsure if it will work though, it involves an unusable herobackpack that takes your bagged up items.)

New mechanic to come in next version
POTIONS BELT - no more potions in backpack, now in a different unit, youll see

Last edited:
Level 3
Crikey!

Still the hotkey issue is fair enough, I didn't consider them before due to not playing warcraft with them, but I can change that.

Skill trees will be assigned to J,K,L for all heroes,
The skills inside will be assigned to Y,U,I,O for all heroes

These are all rather close, the backpack will be assigned to B

I'll get this done for version 2. As for the backpack thing, I usually suggest to ths criticism (people have said this before) that you must choose 1 type or equipment (usually helms or boots) not to use and make potions there.

(I just had a potion belt idea, unsure if it will work though, it involves an unusable herobackpack that takes your bagged up items.)

New mechanic to come in next version
POTIONS BELT - no more potions in backpack, now in a different unit, youll see

This is again not an effective way of doing things. Think about it, JKL and YUIO are ALL on the right side of the keyboard. Most of us are right handed, so you are introducing needless torture by making our left hand reach over to the right side of the keyboard to press these keys. Why must all the hotkeys be on the left side of the keyboard? Because the "A" button is there for the [attack move] command and you can't change this hotkey. This should of been an obvious design decision.

I suggest having ERT as the skill tree hotkeys and DFG as the hotkeys for the skills inside. On top of that "B" is much too far away for a backpack that we will be using continually. Make the hotkey for the backpack to be "C" or something very closeby.

Notice the hotkeys in DOTA, they are all near the left side where "A" is. This is because they are taking the user's ease of playability into account, unlike your current thinking.

Level 17
This is again not an effective way of doing things. Think about it, JKL and YUIO are ALL on the right side of the keyboard. Most of us are right handed, so you are introducing needless torture by making our left hand reach over to the right side of the keyboard to press these keys. Why must all the hotkeys be on the left side of the keyboard? Because the "A" button is there for the [attack move] command and you can't change this hotkey. This should of been an obvious design decision.
, your lazy, aren't you? It's better though that he uses DOTA style.

Edit

You can change the hotkeys of command buttons.

Level 9
I think you should load characters on act 1 also :p kind of sux to always start new chars

Unfortunately, no.

I want this to be a flowing save load system not one where you do act 1 to the point where the remaining acts will be ridiculously easy. Unlike diablo 2 I cant make experience ridiculously small for killing certain things in lower acts.

Version 1.05 released
HUGE CHANGES

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.