• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo 2 - Act 1 a faithful wc3 remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
OK..... friendly message :p

Funnily enough after this was conveniently bumped I'd like to announce that I'm beginning work on improving this map entirely. I'm making 3 skill trees for each hero with 4 levellable spells in each tree. So far the sorceress is complete, her spells are [COLD: Ice bolt, Shiver armor, glacial spike and frozen orb] [FIRE: Warmth, Inferno, Fire wall and Hydra] [LIGHTNING: Teleport, static field, nova and chain lightning]. All the abilities are working much better now.

Also people will be glad to know I've been working on the necromancer now, and he has the spells [POISON + BONE: Teeth, Bone armor, Poison explosion and poison nova] and [SUMMON: Raise skeleton, Blood golem, Raise skeletal mage, and skeletal mastery] Besides synergies all abilities made so far are now a COMPLETELY ACCURATE recreation of their originals. Yes that includes the fact skeletons are not controllable but follow you and teleport with you.

I'll update the initial post when more abilities are complete.
Also a new high level dungeon is being added.

Level 9
There will be a single thing introduced into my map from diablo 3, the witch doctor. Hope that keeps interest in the map :p And I will begin work on all 4 acts once the skill trees are done, and possible implement save load if i can figure out how it can work

Level 9
For anyone else monitoring the progress of this map, last night 2 friends and myself tested out the first three skill trees completed and they all worked great! They all commented that the map has became much more fun that it was before. A gripe I have fixed is that now town portals can be used by everybody and last until a new one is made.

I will be releasing two versions of this map when it is complete, one will be the version with bonuses (uber tristram, cow level, the three organs, hellfire torch), however this one will not lead on to the next map I will complete after this, act 2 of diablo 2. I'll wait until I've made all items and skill trees to post another update, but patience will be the key here everyone, it will be well worth it :)

Oh... and that terrible camera swaying has been fixed too, it's a traditional heads down on an angle diablo II camera now.

Level 9
The nine skill trees completed are those of the Sorceress, Necromancer and barbarian

It would be easiest explained using an example skill tree, so lets take the necromancer as an example. Like diablo 2 he has three skill trees, Bone/Poison, Summoning and Curses. When you gain a skill point for finishing a quest like the den of evil or izual, or levelling up you invest 1 level into any of these trees. As your level of these trees increases, so does the amount of spells you have or the level of them, so for example the summoning spells level up like this...

Level 1
Raise skeleton - Level 1

Level 2
Raise skeleton - Level 1
Blood golem - Level 1

Level 3
Raise skeleton - Level 1
Blood golem - Level 1
Skeletal mage - Level 1

Level 4
Raise skeleton - Level 1
Blood golem - Level 1
Skeletal mage - Level 1
Skeletal mastery - Level 1

Level 5
Raise skeleton - Level 2
Blood golem - Level 1
Skeletal mage - Level 1

Level 6
Raise skeleton - Level 2
Blood golem - Level 2
Skeletal mage - Level 1

And so on.

Each ability can reach Level 3 at the most in the solely exclusive act 1 map, but in the version that continues into all 5 acts each ability will have 5 levels, which means you have a total of 60 abilitiy points to spend, as well as 300 stat points to invest.

Oh and the trees work like spell books, so the menu layouts are thus

Move________Stop_________Hold__________Attack
Patrol________Backpack_____Stats_________Level up spells
Poison/bone___Summoning____Curses________Empty for positive buff spells

I'm working on items now too, so far over the 5 act map series there will be about 40 pairs of boots, 40 shields and I'm currently working on gauntlets.

I plan to not use save load, rather to start everyone off at each act slightly stronger by default so as not to make the characters begin as gods if they are lucky enough to receive insane drops.

Experience rates are quite slow so it will probably be like this
Act 1 - start level 1, little equipment
Act 2 - start level 13 average equipment
Act 3 - start level 19 decent equipment
Act 4 - start level 26 good equipment
Act 5 - start level 32 good equipment

The monsters in each act will be differently balanced so as not to make them too easy or hard for these level changes, and as the act increases so will the drops. This means an elite item will not drop in act 1 or 2, may drop in act 3 or 4 and regularly drops in act 5.

Level 5
Why does everyone make Diablo 2 Maps with a max of 4 players. Has anyone that made a D2 map ever even PLAYED Diablo 2... Max in a world is 8 and all 8 can be one hero, hopefully this didnt sound to whiny, its more like constructive criticism that will build towards a better Diablo 2 related future.

I will make Diablo's skin when i will have time.. ( i always wanted to do that) just telling you ..:cute:

Like Peasant or Mountain Giant = for the Butcher in Tristal Glade

Sandris = Raven

Forest troll = Imp

Ghoul = Rain forest Pigmy

Mountain Giant = Frost Yeti (act 5)

etc..

Level 9
Thanks for the offer mr goblin, but I will not be using skins/models where possible. Diablo is going to be a very large doom guard, of one of the custom models if map size permits. This map is made to be battle net friendly, so I cant use too many skins/icons, i appreciate the offer though.

And Valchrist, the map is currently at 7 players, when I make the eigth non diablo 2 class 8 players will be made. And I cant have more than one hero at once because well... some diablo 2 abilities aren't easy to make mui (for more than one hero) such as frozen orbs and poison novas, which would create too many variables and no doubt lag or even crash the wc3engine. Also it ensures that people dont get too caught up in arguing over class specific items, one of the lowlights of diablo 2.

hum i'm right now creating a Zombie Skin ... lol.. for a map i'm making... my goal?! To be as scary as possible.. so will take my time... will start with the bones... than the Body part (Heart...etc) than i will add the muscle... and than the skin... so it will be AWSOME and sacry as hell... i might skip the body part.. but anyway.. heres a Wip.. if your interrested..

NouveauImagebitmap.jpg

The skull is not completed yet.. but almost..

Level 9
I spied out the awesome diablo and mephisto models, and as for the other units, I might request an Andariel model once my map series is further progressing, Duriel will of course be a nerubian cryptlord, and baal might be another request.

Good news is I completed a sucessful skin for the zombies in act 2 today, and also finished the amazon. I'm now working on the assasin, which may slow my progress as I need to play diablo 2 now as I haven't used one with combat skills before.

Here is the mummy model for those interested
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=91124

Last edited:
Level 24
I spied out the awesome diablo and mephisto models, and as for the other units, I might request an Andariel model once my map series is further progressing, Duriel will of course be a nerubian cryptlord, and baal might be another request.

Good news is I completed a sucessful skin for the zombies in act 2 today, and also finished the amazon. I'm now working on the assasin, which may slow my progress as I need to play diablo 2 now as I haven't used one with combat skills before.

Here is the mummy model for those interested
finalmummyskin.blp - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Ah,I see that you searched for it!:grin:

Level 9
Well if you want screenshots, the first page has plenty, they're old and made before I started buffing up the map. But the terrain/unit sprites haven't changed much yet, moreso the spells. I'll get some shots of some of the more impressive abilities like frozen orb soon if thats what you're after.

As for that zelda map I made good progress on it last night, the first area (which will be in the snow) has received a village with interactable NPC's and even a fishing game. I'll aim for it to fit a hefty dungeon on the epic size map. So far I've only use 1/8th of the map for the village and some of the wilds.

Level 9
Zelda has received a new topic; 'Legend of Zelda - The crystal seals', screenies included.

As for DII, here are some with descriptions...
1. The barbarians tooltip for battle orders and his warcries skill tree
2. A necromancer with bone armor casting teeth
3. The skill branch layout
4. The sorceress cold spell branch
5. An amazon with her decoy and valkyrie
6. Enemies getting owned by frozen orb
7. The explanation someone gets for a sorceress
8. Fire wall, Inferno and hydra all cast at once, the sorceress has warmth too
9. Frozen orb. Ooo Aah
10. An amazon casting immolation arrow
11. Poison javelin with plague javelin upgrade leaving poison behind it
12. A barbarian leaping
13. A barbarian executing a leap attack
14. Learning ability trees
15. The assasins tiger strike
16. Orb, again
17. Poison explosion accelerating the decomposition of enemy corpses
18. Plague javelin again
19. Poison nova. Ooo Aah
20. Selection screen, yep thats the witch doctor
21. The necromancers army of skeletons and his blood golem
22. A sorceress teleporting
23. An assasins death sentry shooting and exploding a corpse
24. A barbarians whirlwind attack

Enjoy :)

Attachments

• boner.jpg
    boner.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 2,479
  • branches.jpg
    branches.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 259
  • coldbranch.jpg
    coldbranch.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 350
  • battle orders.jpg
    battle orders.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 402
  • decoy.jpg
    decoy.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 298
  • eatorb.jpg
    eatorb.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 191
  • explanation.jpg
    explanation.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 202
  • fire spells.jpg
    fire spells.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 335
  • frozenorb.jpg
    frozenorb.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 156
  • leapattackland.jpg
    leapattackland.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 170
  • learnabilities.jpg
    learnabilities.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 201
  • leapattack.jpg
    leapattack.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 189
  • jav2.jpg
    jav2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 3,685
  • immolationarrow.jpg
    immolationarrow.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 169
  • martial arts.jpg
    martial arts.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 224
  • orb1.jpg
    orb1.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 3,807
  • poisonexplosion.jpg
    poisonexplosion.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 164
  • poisonjavelin.jpg
    poisonjavelin.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 175
  • poisonnova.jpg
    poisonnova.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 167
  • selection.jpg
    selection.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 1,487
  • spawns.jpg
    spawns.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 179
  • teleport.jpg
    teleport.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 558
  • traps.jpg
    traps.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 561
  • whirlwind.jpg
    whirlwind.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 602
Level 24
Glad you liked it ;)

The assasin has now been completed, so I'm moving on to the paladin... not the most exciting hero but I'll see what I can do with him.

Well,you can optimize the game,in a heavy way!

You mentioned about Skill Trees,but I see normal abilities!
I must add that Blood Moor has no trees,the only trees are the ones behind the stone walls,just as enviroment and the ones in Burial Grounds,which is a big one!

Level 9
Hrm.... bit too complicated for a map like this but thanks for showing me. 12 inventory spaces is usually ample for heroes in the map.

And I'll fix fallen shamans if people want but bloor moor will be VERY EASY without them. As for the trees, I just wanted it to look a bit more busy :p

Level 17
Huh? His inventory system is simple to use. It's split into things you should and things you shouldn't edit quite nicely and with a bit of patience you could easily make all the item slots fit in etc.

If not maybe you should make it so that if your hero acquires an item it gets moved to a stash somewhere in the game, and if that stash becomes full then another stash nabs the item.

Because seriously, people dream about making awesome Diablo 2 maps, but to be honest the maps only relate to Diablo 2 with names of places, buildings, units, items and icons. I havn't yet seen a good Diablo 2 map I would actually play for more than 30 minutes.

Sorry if you think I'm being a tad harsh but y'know..

ReS

ReS

Level 1
cant you fix the camera commands or just remove the spinning around, i love the map but i got sea sick before i was at Countess

Level 9
Bump, this map isnt dead believe it or not, I've got back into wc3 again and have completed all but two skill trees. Here are some video updates too, enjoy!

YouTube - My diablo 2 map - sorceress skill trees
YouTube - Diablo 2 wc3 custom map - Blood raven

Oh and i plan on making all 5 acts with save load in between, with some catches.

No items will save, as they get too strong by the end of acts, you begin with good items each act as you continue automatically. Your stats and levels must be reapplied at each new act. You can only save your character once per play of an act, and only after the prime evil for the act is slain, your save code only takes you to the next respective act, diablo2 style.

Anticipate!!!

Level 9
The druid and paladin are completely finished (all character classes done that means), just finished making all the shields and boots (about 70 items overall). I now have weapons, helms, gloves and armor to create (about 200 items, sigh), this may take a while, watch this space.

Attatched are the skinned heroes, the witch doctor i decided not to include as he was either going to turn out
1) too similar to the druid
2) too similar to the necromancer

Like the skins?

(the skins will not be distributed at the hive, only in this map as my previous skin submissions which i actually spent quite a lot of time on were accused by hawkwing as being useless, and i do not wish to submit them after that encounter)

Attachments

• heroes.JPG
    heroes.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 6,158
Level 3
huh, i was just waiting for a good camera system

what about fullscreen inventory?

and, any idea when the map will be done?

Level 9
Don't worry it's nothing personal hawkwing :grin:

As for fullscreen inventory, unfortunately not. Firstly its difficult to make, and on top of that with eight players it just doesnt work. At the time the traditional 6 slot inventory is used, but a backpack can be opened where potions and items not needed to be worn can be stored (so ideally you can hold 12 items). Potions come in packs of 10 so the space will be easily used.

As for release date, not sure but I'm hoping a month (want to add custom icons, and make sure that it can smoothly transition to act 2 which i will make after i release act 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.