1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Pandaria RPG

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by pandamanana, Feb 17, 2007.

1. pandamanana

pandamanana

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've been working on this Role Playing Game/Map for wc3 for like, a couple weeks. But its coming out well so far. It is sort of like Diablo 2, in that it has 3-5 acts and it actually has a storyline. First of all, you play as a Pandaren, and you choose a class. You start off in a small Pandaren town where you can heal your wounds, get drunk a the tavern, buy gear and get rewards for quests. Once you leave the town there will be many different areas for you to explore per Act. (I'm still wondering I can transfer Items and or saved heros from map to map (act to act) making the acts alot bigger) If so I will have 3-5 Maps/Acts for this RPG. (unless I can make one map big enough to fit all 3-5... I'm using the biggest template in WE and its hardly big enough for one act.
    The Hero Classes are as follows
    -Warrior (basic tank with damaging, and hp regenerating spells)
    -Mage (basic damage dealer, low health and lots of AOE)
    -BeastTamer (main summoner)
    -Necromancer (secondary summoner with -hp regen spells)
    -Juggernaut (advanced tank with massive damage but very slow attack/movement speed)
    -Divine Crusader (I'm still wondering if I should use this. A secondary healer and tank with some damage and stun skills)
    -Monk (Main healer)

Thats all for now. I have to get back to work and I will update this when I get more done. Much love from Pandaria :infl_thumbs_up:
    *BTW check out my Panda'sVideoGameMaulWars in the resource!http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/3704/

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  2. Durgon

Durgon

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the idea Panda, this is defenitly going on my list of things too watch for in the future. I wish you the best of luck and if you need any ideas or suggestions just send me a pm or whatever. Good luck!

3. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Could turn out as a nice rpg indeed ... the only problem is that i dont like pandas that much xD

4. Xarwin

Xarwin

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sounds good. Yes keep the Divine Crusader in it :)

5. PrinceofIce

PrinceofIce

Resources:
    Resources:
    Always liked pandas....so cute but now they are going to kill heh heh love the idea can't wait for it to be sorted out.

6. Cavman

Cavman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Neato. Gunna have ta watch for this.

The only suggestion I would makeis that if you run out of ideas, the go look Here(chinese mythology) and here(pandaran page on blizzard).

7. pandamanana

pandamanana

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thanks Cavman. But I already have my story down on paper and I believe you will all like it (*hint* unless you like humans)

8. Cavman

Cavman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Humans.... Well, I am one.... But... oh well.

When I said "run out of ideas", I was aiming more for unit and creep ideas over story ideas. Can't have a good RPG without good enimies.

still hope this comes out awsome.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  9. pandamanana

pandamanana

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks man!

10. Cavman

Cavman

Resources:
    Models: