• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo III The Borderlands (desert)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Tested it singleplayer with an AI player on, i'll sum up my review here.

The map starts out nice and the introduction is kinda simple and nice (not special tho) and its pretty obvious what you have to do. The first thing i noticed and liked about the map was definantly the terrain, it may not be the best terrain i've seen, but is portrays D3's borderland well enough and its definantly one of the strong sides of this map.

However when it comes to gameplay i think it lacked some variation. As it were pretty straightforward and boring, just right-clicking units and spamming spells. In my opinion you should have made the spells alot more powerfull, so you'll be more carefull about using them wisely instead of spamming them wildly whenever there isnt cd or insufficient mana. One thing that would make the game alot more interesting is making all the units, including the heroes more vulnerable, but more powerfull aswell. This way there will be more micromanagement and forces you play carefull and cooperate with your group.

As for the AI, it was kinda bad, but hell i dont think there are many AI's maps so its fine. It worked out well and the AI team hero used spells, so it wasnt so bad after all. A little side note for further improvements, it would be nice if AI heroes could pick up item drops.

Overall, its a decent and nice map, and probably extra fun to play if you're eager to get your hands on Diablo 3. There is still room for improvement in this map, so im definantly looking forward to further versions.

My rating: 4.8/6
Considering there are alot of shitty maps and only a few quality maps on hive, this is good score from my part. (I dont normally write reviews either)

Level 9
- Nice terrain
- D3 feeling
- Some ability bugs (Jump (Posted on map comment), Cleave (It doesn't cost mana if move after cast).
- Simple but useful AI

A few bugs here and there but still a very good map for beta. 4/5 overall.

I have to disagree with Nudl9 on the gameplay though. You did well since you are trying to recreate diablo 3 in warcraft 3 which is a hack and slash game. Hack and Slash (Dungeon Crawler/Beat-em-up) genre are usually spamming cool abilities all the way to the end. Much like what we saw in the monk gameplay trailer.

Level 2
nice map blooody really nice terrain, something i wanted to report. When i opened the quest log the game froze. Thanks :p

Level 12
nice map blooody really nice terrain, something i wanted to report. When i opened the quest log the game froze. Thanks :p

Sorry for the froze bug. I try to fix the problem but you should help me to find the cause of the bug.

I make a new damage view system for most trigger based spells (not all spells if isnt possible at the moment) in version 1.01B :

wc3scrnshot030410184514.jpg

Level 12
It is time for an update. I release the version 1.01 Beta now. Have fun...

List of changes for the new version:
- new lvl-up sound
- difficulty level increased (heroes have lesser HP and MP, so items and teamplay are more important, enemies damage increased)
- jump target on units and no longer at the environment
- jump bug fixed
- charge spell (Barbarian) cannot skip the environment longer
- Wizard skills: mirror image replace teleport
- update of a few skills (Way of hundred fists, Seven sided strike, Energy twister, Cleave)
- better skill balance
- little bit better Computer-AI
- camera improvement (finer)
- translation bug fixed
- other bugfixed
- new damage view system
- new music
- interface update
- little terrain improvement

Beyond I need your help to fix the fatal error bug or freeze bug.
The next version will be a greater update...

Level 5
yes. this looks better.
but i hope or i think you work on the jumpspell.
...its not so funny when you only jump on a unit...^^

you can look of the other map by na_dann_ma_gogo...in his map you cant jump in other enviroment...^^

Level 17
Sorry for being so late with responding to this thread, but i have to tell you that i really love this project, and support it to 100% :D
It is nice to see that someone actually based a map on ours, and this one is probably much better aswell!
Keep it up, i wanna see more releases of this, i really enjoy playing it :)

Level 12
yes. this looks better.
but i hope or i think you work on the jumpspell.
...its not so funny when you only jump on a unit...^^

you can look of the other map by na_dann_ma_gogo...in his map you cant jump in other enviroment...^^

Hi BlazeBird,
I think it makes not a big difference if the jump spell target the environment or a unit. It is the same effect. But can you tell me, how makes na_dann_ma_gogo the jump spell if the jump spell target the environment and its not possible to jump in other environment or skip the environment?

Sorry for being so late with responding to this thread, but i have to tell you that i really love this project, and support it to 100% :D
It is nice to see that someone actually based a map on ours, and this one is probably much better aswell!
Keep it up, i wanna see more releases of this, i really enjoy playing it :)

Thank you LTGH :)

I can need help from a modeler/ skinner/ animateur to make new custom models. I need models like Dark Vessel, Fallen dog, Lacuni, Ice Mage and many others to improve my map.
And I need new borderlands textures for the rocks in my map or new rock models.
If you know somebody who would help me or if you can help me I would be glad...

Level 19
i tested this map in single player it was kinda ok and cool terrain. Just the bad things is no owning style in the game play just go around and level up. So my rating is 4/5 sry. The terrain is defenitly 5/5 the game play is like 3/5 :) but its for single player and cinematics is 4.5/5 but the map is pretty nice

Level 1
Glitch

When you go to Arcanus and talk to the creepy guy it teleports you into the city, all normal, but I ran out of the city gate and it closed on me. Maybe make the door close faster in the trigger so they can't run out before it closes. So now instead of being locked inside the city, I'm locked out.

Overall really great and I like it better than the "original", because of the Sorceresses skills.

Level 25
Not sure how I missed this map. Looks really damn awesome and seems accurate to the leaked BETA footage I've seen. Terrain looks good, but the custom spells need a lot of work. Get yourself a good custom spell guy and you're all set!

Good luck, I definitely look forward to this map...

Level 12
A new version of Borderlands will come in near future. But at the moment I work on a Prequel of the Borderlands named Diablo III New Tristram. The Prequel contains the first Diablo III Gameplay Trailer and the Wizard Trailer. Also it contains a story transition to the Borderlands. It will be the first Part of my Diablo III Campaign (Borderlands is the second part). In the near future I will introduce it on hivewokshop. Here are first screenshots:

wc3scrnshot040210234447.jpg

wc3scrnshot040610011228.jpg

wc3scrnshot040610142523.jpg

wc3scrnshot040610143149.jpg

cathedralr.jpg

Level 14
Wow that's awesome, the only thing I'll point out is that the stair fences in the second pic looks wierd.

edit: and the tileset is good looking

Level 25
A new version of Borderlands will come in near future. But at the moment I work on a Prequel of the Borderlands named Diablo III New Tristram. The Prequel contains the first Diablo III Gameplay Trailer and the Wizard Trailer. Also it contains a story transition to the Borderlands. It will be the first Part of my Diablo III Campaign (Borderlands is the second part). In the near future I will introduce it on hivewokshop. Here are first screenshots:

wc3scrnshot040210234447.jpg

wc3scrnshot040610011228.jpg

wc3scrnshot040610142523.jpg

wc3scrnshot040610143149.jpg

cathedralr.jpg

Looks great, but I think the fog should take up more of the screen. Right now it can barely be on the edges of the screen and below areas. The fog Diablo III WarCraft had was really good. See if you can replicate that as best as you can.

Level 12
I have good news for you. Before the BlizzCon 2010 I will release new versions of Borderlands and New Tristram. There are some bugs fixed and there are added a few new features. At the moment I plan no changes in the inventory system. it would be too much effort. But hell gate and I'll do it properly.

New Tristram will have a smaller map size. it was just too laggy, especially in multiplayer mode. A new feature will be automatically pick of health orbs and mana orbs. Also I am plan a new monk combo system along with a new monk resource system (spirit).

After BlizzCon 2010, I'll update the maps again. New features will include:
- new resource systems for the other classes
- The 5th character class
- More features will be presented at the BlizzCon 2010

Then will follow the third Part of my Diablo III trilogy, including all five character classes...

The next versions (New Tristram v.1.01 and Borderlands v.1.04) will still get a new feature. I'm integrate a new rune system. You can find four types of runes in the game (crimson, gold, indigo, obsidian). A skill rune increases a certain skill of each character class. Runes takes the support slots in inventory one. Therefore, a Hero can only take two runes at once. You must decide whether you uses the inventory places for skill runes or jewelry (rings, amulets). An example of a rune in my maps:

Minor Crimson Rune
Classes: all Classes
increases skills:
Barbarian: Cleave +15% Damage
Wizard: Arcane Orb +25 Area Damage
Witch Doctor: Fire Bomb +50 Area Effect
Monk: Way of the Hundred Fists +15% Damage

Each improved skill (by the rune) has a new effect. Each player in the multiplayer can see skill effects of other players are changed by a rune. The runes promise more skill variety and enable a more complex game. The current runes (they increases attribute) are renamed in elixirs (example: elixir of vitality). I will make the rune system for New Tristram, Borderlands and the third Part and I continue to make new resource systems for all classes, lower cooldowns for many skills and a new fast Monk Combo System...

Status
Not open for further replies.