• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Terrain Pathability For a certain type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So basically, I can't figure out how to make a certain type of terrain non-walkable.
For example I'm making a TD and I dont want the creeps to be able to go off a path (rock terrain) into the grass.

The grass needs to be air-pathable (for builders) and needs to have buildability (for structures).

I'm not sure if there's a way to do this in GUI, but I know it's possible. Gridlock TD has a similar gameplay to what I'm needing.

Any help is appreciated!

well, I would be using JNPG but it seems to have issues with Windows 7, even if I run the compatability mode for Windows Vista and XP. Since it keeps getting errors I just decided to use the generic editor (unfortunately).

I have Windows 7 and it works fine. You should try disabling RtC (Reinventing the Craft) in the editor, and you can try disabling UMSWE as well. =)

Level 18
Evil_Redneck said:
well, I would be using JNPG but it seems to have issues with Windows 7, even if I run the compatability mode for Windows Vista and XP. Since it keeps getting errors I just decided to use the generic editor (unfortunately).

I also have a computer running Windows 7 and OS X (a MacBook Pro) but the video card needs repair or replacement or something.

You should clearing the files from your computer and then try re-installing newgen.

Status
Not open for further replies.