• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deciding on a Game

Which game should i make?

• An RTS

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • An RPG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A ORPG

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A SPRPG

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Puzzle?

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

_PV

_PV

Level 7
Well, I'd say a single player RPG IMO. :)
I would much rather appreciate a RPG that took a lot of effort to forge rather than a RPG with multiple players :/ multiple players also reduces the amount of models and stuff you are allowed to import (if I don't have it right, I think LAN maps are only allowed 9 mb MAX to function :O) so, hoping for SPRPG :)

_PV

_PV

Level 7
RPG's tend to be massive projects and if you don't have enough motivation there's a high chance you'll lose interest long before the map is complete.

Puzzle is your best bet.

TRUE that :) I tried to create an RPG, completed the Terrain 80%, customized all the creeps and made 10 heroes, then one day I sat there and just thought: "Ok, I'm bored.... screw it" xD but oh well, puzzle is also fun ^_^

Level 7
@Kitabatake - Yeah, I agree with that. If you do not have enough Motivation to work on an RPG, you can well end up just leave it sitting on your computer for ages.

@Kala - I think that an RPG is too much work for one guy, but I just put it in there anyway.

Level 7
Roflmao, same here. I have about 3 separate ones sitting on a dark folder in a dark corner of my desktop!

Ones about this dark demon coming to the now-day earth. The second is where Sauron meets Arthas and you choose either side and fight each other (did this one when I was younger) , and the other is ... I can't remember!

Reactions: _PV

_PV

_PV

Level 7
My first project I tried to tackle (which I want to revive) is the SPACE ORCS saga. It's a team survival/rpg type of map where you and your team landed on a forsaken planet (earth) after an apocalypse and must follow a massive quest chain to get the parts for a new ship and you must win turf and defend vital buildings from the endless hordes of the dead ^_^ but It's a massive project and too big for me to complete on my own.

the other projects can go die ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.