• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help Deciding on a conversation system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, im going to include a system where the players can chat with NPCs to make choices, pick quests or simply learn more about lore.
It is going to be a ORPG with 5-7 player slots so i havent been able to decide exacktly how i am going to make the conversations. These are my ideas so far:

*Make it so the players can vote for a Group Leader who makes major decisions for the group. Turning the decision, the Group Leader can choose to pause the game in order to consult other group members.
Example: When the players are fighting demons and the demon surrenders and begs the players for mercy, the Group Leader can decide weather to kill or have mercy on the demon.

*Make it so when a Group Leader is not voted for, the whole group can vote for a response.

*Make it so everyone can pick minor quests, have the conversations appear in a cinematic, have the text from the cinematic appear on the player and NPC engaging in the conversation so other players can see it aswell.

*Make it so the Group Leader and/or Host(Red) can take away the ability from a player to engage in conversations (to avoid noobs from screwing up decisions or stopping people from going against the rest of the group)

If anyone has any better ideas or suggestions, please comment.

Thanks in advance.

Level 4
In SP it would be easier since there would only be 1 person talking but in MP im still not sure about how its going to be since i doubt people would just Wait around the Group Leader while he talks, they would probably like to do something aswell.
I have considered making my map SP instead but i really like teamplay so im still heading for ORPG.

Level 4
I wasn't asking How to make a conversation system or where i can find it, i was asking which Kind of conversation system i should make ( the possiblities are listed in my first post)

Level 12
Hi, im going to include a system where the players can chat with NPCs to make choices, pick quests or simply learn more about lore.
It is going to be a ORPG with 5-7 player slots so i havent been able to decide exacktly how i am going to make the conversations. These are my ideas so far:

*Make it so the players can vote for a Group Leader who makes major decisions for the group. Turning the decision, the Group Leader can choose to pause the game in order to consult other group members.
Example: When the players are fighting demons and the demon surrenders and begs the players for mercy, the Group Leader can decide weather to kill or have mercy on the demon.

*Make it so when a Group Leader is not voted for, the whole group can vote for a response.

*Make it so everyone can pick minor quests, have the conversations appear in a cinematic, have the text from the cinematic appear on the player and NPC engaging in the conversation so other players can see it aswell.

*Make it so the Group Leader and/or Host(Red) can take away the ability from a player to engage in conversations (to avoid noobs from screwing up decisions or stopping people from going against the rest of the group)

If anyone has any better ideas or suggestions, please comment.

Thanks in advance.

You could mix things up like this:

Group leader is appointed, leader is able to remove ability of a player to engage in conversations, everyone is able to pick minor quests, and let them vote the group leader ofc.

Btw, could you make those 4 options clearer? I don't have a clue of what's going on, so an idea of what you're going to do, and what would it's effects be would be good.

Level 4
Dark, because i havent found any good systems for it, if u can, link it.
Also, its fairly easy to make.

And hex, ty, thats the way its going to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.