• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Choose your CGG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I have been an avid player of Magic: the Gathering since i was 7. I have played numerous online ccgs for years. And, in September I got a Hearthstone Key.

What I am trying to get at is I am starting to get bored (except of hearthstone), but I can't fully decide on what to do. All I know is that I want to make a card game. NOT like those others on Hive that use normal units for cards but that use actual things that use cards. I can make all sorts if card games. But I can't decide on what to do for the map. That's where you come in.

I want your opinions on what kind of CCG you want. Here are a few starters:
  1. A joke card game where you have a stack of 60+ cards and get random cards from it each turn.
  2. A game where you have 1 hero and buff him up with spells and equipment.
  3. A serious card game like Magic: the Gathering.
  4. A simple card game like Hearthstone, except I don't know what to base the cards with.

So what do you guys think? Any comments or suggestions?

Level 6
just pick one and make it lol also i think its called tcg for trading card game

Trading card games actually involve trading cards with other players. Most other card games are just CCG (collectible card games)

Random idea: add a normal card game to wc3 with the 'normal' playing cards and different games like poker and stuff.

Level 9
The CCG I will make will be based on 8 guilds (with more coming). More details on that later. But the cards will look like this:

227673-albums6520-picture77539.jpg

Level 4
I do hope you haven't given up on this project. There aren't many good CCGs/TCGs out there (Warcraft-wise), and this one seems to have a lot of potential. To begin with, I would vote on making a serious card game like MTG.

I would also like to compliment the card you've designed except for one part: the ability section seems a bit dull and boring. Maybe you could spice up the section with additional details for the cards, and possible a lore description about the creature/card.

As for what you'll draw your cards from, I highly suggest creating your own background lore to work from. If you want, I can write up history for your guilds, lore descriptions for your cards and possible design a few cards using that template. If your interested in my help, P.M me.

Level 9
I have about 183 cards designed, so I just need to get them into a new format. I will create an album on my profile page that shows the ones I have done! Anyways I think I will do the ccg as a guild based, serious card game like magic the gathering. Also, The rarities will be different compared to other card games. The cards at lower rarities are the ones important to basic strategies, and the ones at higher rarities offer different answers to threats and different strategies!

EDIT: Album is done!

Last edited:
Level 4
The rarity system sounds quite complex, yet unique and inspiring. Get it right, and it can make your whole CCG very fun to play, with many different card strategies.

The cards in the album look great also. Some of the creature cards: such as Carnivorous Thornix and Axoc, look unique and original. May I ask where these ideas come from (whether they are yours or whether you are getting inspiration from another game) and where your art comes from?

Overall this project is looking promising and exciting. Cannot wait for the map to come out!

Level 9
The cards in the album look great also. Some of the creature cards: such as Carnivorous Thornix and Axoc, look unique and original. May I ask where these ideas come from (whether they are yours or whether you are getting inspiration from another game) and where your art comes from?

These are ideas that I just come up with. Meaning, I will just be thinking about cards and will realise, "Hey, that looks like a fun card idea!"

Also, the Art is from Google Images :)

The rarity system sounds quite complex, yet unique and inspiring. Get it right, and it can make your whole CCG very fun to play, with many different card strategies.

Thanks by the way :[)

Level 4
Also, the Art is from Google Images :)

Not as good as hiring an artist or doing it yourself. But artists are hard to come by, and sometimes expensive. And I can't blame you for not drawing the art yourself, unless of course you are a drawer, because I personally cannot draw at all. In fact, my stickmen always seem to be badly drawn or at unbelievable angles.

As long as the images aren't breaching any copyright, and they are chosen with some insight to the cards themselves (like you've done), then I and many other people will be fine with the cards.

Also,

Thanks by the way :[)

Never seen that smiley before XD, very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.