• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Tower Defense] Minion Masters / Clash Royale - Game for WC3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im working on a Map, aim to make a game like (all known) "Minion Masters" or "Clash Royale".
Short discription:
- 2 teams where have to destroy the enemy base each other
- You can spawn waves of units everywhere in your own base area.
- Every player have to select 10 "cards", before the games starts. Every card is a unit, a unit constellation, a spell or a building.
- Ingame you can always choose between 4 cards of your deck.
- Every card cost up to 10 mana. 10 mana is the maximum and every player get 1 mana every 3 seconds.
One round should take about 10 minutes.

The goal is, to outplay and counter the enemy waves/cards to destroy the enemy base

But with a focus on lore, seperated factions and a deeper damage/combat system (own armor types, own damage types and own combat system), a 1vs1 PvP and PvKI, 2vs2 PvP and a 3vs3 PvP mode, and the best part of all = everything is for free and no pay to win ;D

I finaly got a working save/load system, which is very important for that game, because you get rewards like chests and gold for every round, to recieve new cards/factions/masters(Heroes).
The best thing: Its absolutly user friendly and you have nothing to do, the game autosaves every progress and autoload at gamestart.
Its recognize if you play the first time and gives you a starter deck of randomized 10 cards, to make you playable

discord-game-minion-masters-tutorial-arena-card-thrown-03.png
Demo1.jpg

So, what do you think about that idea?

Level 11
Well, it's a good idea. You can use AoE abities for the unit spawning, and add structures like walls. I'm not sure how you will do the card choosing, but it can be solved. The bad thing: This kind of games are very simple. For this reason, Clash Royale is a phone game. You need something that makes people download your map, play it in a computer, and spend 10 minutes on that.

Level 4
Well, it's a good idea. You can use AoE abities for the unit spawning, and add structures like walls. I'm not sure how you will do the card choosing, but it can be solved. The bad thing: This kind of games are very simple. For this reason, Clash Royale is a phone game. You need something that makes people download your map, play it in a computer, and spend 10 minutes on that.

I think, every wc3 map needs something to make people download the map, play it on a computer and spend time on that ...

I know exactly how and what i will do. Some things will not look so good, like the (pre) card choosing. The InGame card choosing will be easily solved by the inventory system:
Slot 1-4 are playable cards, slot 5 is a unclickable button with the text "Next Card ->" and slot 6 shows the next card.
But I'm thinking of doing it differently, not making 4 playable out of 10 cards (as in Clash Royale), rather 6 out of 15 or 20.

I will post some pics, when im done.

Level 4
You can use new UI natives to build your own card playing interface. IMO that's 100% the right choice here.

New UI natives? You mean, just a new design for the UI? Or its possible to change everything, making bigger, clickable icons?

Level 4
Maybe (gosh what a concept) you could learn.

Phew ... maybe i could. But without help, it will not happen. I know a lot about GUI and can do nearly anything what i need. And i want a system i do understand by myself, but many thanks for the tip

Level 39
There are literally tens of 'how do I learn JASS' tutorials on this website as well as a whole forum run by IcemanBo called JASS Class; pick any of them and start. You've been a member for 6 years. In that time you could have learned some rudimentary skills to be able to mess with things like this. The people here want to help you so when you get confused or aren't sure how something works you can post a thread and get (nearly immediate) feedback. What could be a better resource than that?

Status
Not open for further replies.