• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] How Does This Look For a Map?

Should I continue with this?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
How does this look for a map?:

227673-albums6520-picture70779.jpg

::Theme::
As you can see, it is a trading card game! It is based heavily on Magic: the Gathering, where you have play creatures and spells to bring your opponent's life total to 0 from 20 (this is 30 to 0). Magic holds millions of strategies, and I plan to make that part of this also!

::How to Play::
You start out with a deck of 25 cards when you first play. as you win matches, you add cards to your collection. For now I don't have a deck builder set up, so you instead have 1 deck that is every card you have unlocked! You start out with 6 cards in your hand. Each turn, for each card in your hand you get 1 Mana of the type that the card in your hand is. You can use the Mana to play cards. The game is still in development, and nothing is set as something that will definitely go in, so I am open to any suggestions and criticism!

::Rules::
There are 7 card types: Charm, Hex, Curse, Enchantment, Monster, Relic, Character.
Charm - A Charm is a card that is usually something like a Fireball, Lightning Bolt, etc.. Charms can be played at any time unless the card says otherwise.​
Hex - A Hex is a card that does a short, bad effect to the target. Hexes can be played at any time unless the card says otherwise.​
Curse - A Curse is a card that can be played at any time for a long lasting effect. Although they usually have a high mana cost. Curses can be played at any time unless the card says otherwise.​
Enchantment - An enchantment is something that isn't a Monster, Character or Relic but still stays on the battlefield until it is destroyed. Enchantments can only be played on your turn, no matter what.​
Monster - Monsters are almost always the Core of your deck. They are most decks' primary win condition, as they deal damage to the player and destroy their own monsters turn after turn. Monsters can only be played on your turn.​
Relic - Relics are powerful Artifacts from ages past, or just everyday objects with a small effect on them! You can only play these on your turn.​
Characters - Characters are cards that are pretty much just monsters with super-powerful effects on them. You can only have 1 Character of a name at any time.​

::Cirasc::
Cirasc, is essentially, 1 being that has many, many different forms. The god of all things, living or dead, he is a series of cards I am implementing called "Gods". He will have a card for each element, like Earth, Light, Fire etc..

::Side Notes::
Because of the mana you gain being based on the cards in your hand, you don't have to worry about wasting valuable draws on land cards!

227673-albums6520-picture70940.jpg
227673-albums6520-picture70939.jpg
227673-albums6520-picture70931.jpg

227673-albums6520-picture70930.jpg
227673-albums6520-picture71095.jpg
227673-albums6520-picture71096.jpg

227673-albums6520-picture71668.jpg
227673-albums6520-picture71669.jpg
227673-albums6520-picture71670.jpg

227673-albums6520-picture71671.jpg
227673-albums6520-picture71672.jpg
227673-albums6520-picture71673.jpg

[rainbow]CARD COUNT: !23![/rainbow]

Last edited:
Level 5
When I saw this I went "Oooh." Not too often that you see card games in Warcraft. I really like card games, so it's cool to see them in Warcraft. So, are you using images or models for the cards?

Also, it appears you don't have any resources, meaning you've never published a map. I think it's really fun to make maps so you should totally go through with making it. That's why I will vote for you to continue with this.

Level 9
ty!

I am using images with a dummy unit for selecting the card.

EDIT: How would you guys want to see the total amount of cards and their images? For example, an Album or a new thread that has them under hidden tags. Currently, I have some of them on the first post.

Last edited:
Level 9
Actually, I have it so that the deck is actually shuffled in a way that makes you able to have a certain stack of cards that will come out. Camera boundaries are probably going to be used with the map to block you from seeing your oppo's hand.

I do think that the idea of a deck model would be pretty cool! I probably will use it, if that is okay ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.