• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Comic Contest #1 - THW situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Just_Spectating, that is nothing short of brilliant. The perfection of the curves in the head... the knowing expression ... the gently amused eyes. The virtuoso control of depth and line thickness brings tears to my eyes. You've clearly adopted the style of Randall Munroe's 'xkcd', yet your appropriation of his techniques is nothing short of marvellous. The use of distorted anatomy and proportion dramatically emphasises your character's naivete and child-like appeal.

In short... that is ****ing epic. Hawkwing, I suggest you get Just_Spectating's winner icon ready, because he's got my vote. And if you know your art, he's got your vote too.

EDIT: Froswhisper, what is this 'sarcasm' you speak of?

Ahem, [/sarcasm]

Last edited:
Level 9
Okay heres my sketchup of Mecheon's character. I used his avatar as a reference for the face so it resembles him somewhat.

Mecheon.jpg

-Bane

well if we could have 1 more week i could have made my Comic :p its just i don't really have time during the week ..but (during the week-end i can!) if i don't go to my cottage.. what ever.. i will still show the comic i have in mine even without the contest..

Level 9
The Naruto user in his orange jump suit.
If you see the joke in this image then congratulations you have a basic sense of humor.

Naruto.jpg

-Bane

PS: How are we going to put the panels together? If we have 8 panels should we just put them in a giant image all together or post each panel seperate.

Level 9
Mr. Goblin i hope thats not one of your frames because the theme is the hive being a place not a board.
Anyways guys heres my sick first scene, the dreaded requests building where the naruto shinaniginz happenz xD.

Scene1.jpg

-Bane

PS: I'm going for a new style, call it whatever you want but i call it "going out of the lines". Its exactly what our parents told us not to do when we were in kindergarden. I am purposely drawing outside of my outline to give it a more cartoony effect, let me know what you think.

Level 9
I'm digging your style man, may the best comic win.
My 1st Panel:

1stPanel.jpg

-Bane

Level 9
Cool.
Everyone i present my favorite start to one of my drawings.
Happy tauren. Behold....

HappyTauren.jpg

My favorite so far still have to add detail and color but i really like it.
Anyways iv gotta go do homework, see yall tommarow.

-Bane

Level 9
He doesn't look too happy. :(
Well hes about to yell at another naruto lover. So yes he isnt too happy.
-Bane

Edit: Didnt feel like doing homework right now so finished Happytauren
(this is for the 2nd panel when happytauren is about to do his usual ruitine with naruto "map makers"
Enjoy.

HappyTauren.jpg

-Bane

Level 9
Um mr.goblin thats the whole idea, the incorrect spelling is part of the humor... I dont think anyone acually spells that bad.

well i know no one spell that bad.. is just i can't laugh when someting is so badly written.. like Frostwisper Comics thread.. i stoped to read it cause it was taking to much effort for me (that don't read chat english) so meeh... i guest its only me..

Level 9
Yes better. What is the story behind your comic exactly :p?
Anyways heres my second panel:

2ndPanel.jpg

(Caps part is a direct quote from an actual Naruto request, reply by HappyTauren)

1stPanel.jpg
2ndPanel.jpg

-Bane

Last edited:
Level 9
i Present my comic so far, including 3 panels:

1stPanel.jpg

2ndPanelnew.jpg

3rdPanel.jpg

-Bane

Level 9
Just spectating, its because i took the time to completely redraw him, he isnt going to look the same each time.
And thanks for pointing out the middle line and L, ill make sure to fix those.
-Bane

Status
Not open for further replies.