• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Combowhore

Do you like the concept of Combowhore?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
What units in combowhore arent heros? since when do heros have to kill non heros? wtf... last i checked it was just hero on hero. And i made it like that because normally most of the spells arent set up to attack the enemy at all.

Level 3
Ohhhhh, that makes a lot of sense kirk, ill try that

Inverted, check out the extended tooltips on Re-Program, one set reads 'jumple' rather than jumble.

Level 3
Woots for rep, and sorry rep hounds, i spend ~5 hours a week staring at the code, im bound to notice stuff :wink:

Level 10
@ royalorc: 1. its not code lol. 2. you noticed a typo... goodjob :p.
@ t3h b055: thats cool i guess? :p, and yes it will be awesome if you guys wanna contribute hence you are developers just let me know lol

EDIT:
A new social group has been created! its for combowhore fans/players/testers/developers. I have sent an invite to a few people but anyone can join. Go ahead to the social groups section and take a look if i didnt send you an invite/notification.

Level 3
Im sorry, youre right, its not code, its just the little words that make up the game but its got a ui instead of a big white screen :cool:

Level 7
The Cauldron Demon

I am glad to bring you the Cauldron Demon! This is my hero for the Comp. Hope you like him.

Attachments

• ComboHero.w3x
    64.7 KB · Views: 97
Level 3
Sweet, Inverted is still at school but ill check him out now.

Edit: Nice hero Fimbus, i really liked the map you put him in too :D
Looks like only a couple of edits too before he can fit perfectly into ComboWhore :D

Level 10
Looking great fimbus. I liked his abilities but i will have to make some changes in tooltips/icons for eye candy and such. I will balance all of this and expect to see him in 2.0. Also do you mind if i change the model? i know royalorc has been working on a hero that has the same model. +rep

Edit: Would you prefer the name "abyss lord" or "cauldron demon"

-inverted.

Level 7
I don't really care 'bout the model and the name was just because I couldn't find another name for him, Abyss Lord sounds fine. And I didn't really care to make the tooltips look good since it was just a test :wink:

Level 7
What exactly is GG-game? I've been hearing alot 'bout it but I've never really heard what it was :p

Level 7
Well I guess that's okay. But how long untill 1.0 beta? I'm just curious :grin:
Anyways I look forward to the next patch :thumbs_up:

Level 10
Version 2.0 Alpha has been released!
Find it here at the hive in the maps section or at www.combowhore.com!

(huge ass changelog)
This is the changelog:
[Version 1.5 - version 2.0]
Doubled map size
Doubled playable map size
Doubled camera bounds
ADDED HERO: Abyss Lord
Moved shop teleport doodad 1 to the middle of the map
Moved shop teleport doodad 2 to the middle of the map
Moved shop teleport to the middle of the map
Added more doodads
Added more destructibles
Changed blue spawn
Changed teal spawn
Modified tiles
Modified slopes
Modified terrain
Deleted spectators
Fixed button position of mammoth kins slam
Changed spawn graphic for mammoth kin
Took comboshop off minimap
Took shop 1 off minimap
Took shop 2 off minimap
Took active item shop off minimap
Took Bank for Red off minimap
Took Bank for Blue off minimap
Took Bank for teal off minimap
Took Bank for purple off minimap
Took combopatron for red off minimap
Took combopatron for blue off minimap
Took combopatron for teal off minimap
Took combopatron for purple off minimap
Gave shop > map a new teleport model
Removed starting trees for blue
Removed starting trees for teal
Added upgrade shop for red
Added upgrade shop for blue
Added upgrade shop for teal
Added upgrade shop for purple
Added doodad circles for all upgrade shops
Added upgrade Iron Weapons
Added upgrade Steel Weapons
Added upgrade Mithril Weapons
Added upgrade Small Heart
Added upgrade Medium Heart
Added upgrade Large Heart
Added upgrade Magical Dust
Added upgrade Magical Essence
Added upgrade Magical Void
Fixed Re-programs tooltip
Fixed bounty bug with Le Frosty
Removed rays of light from shops
Fixed teleport > shops region bug
Modified terrain at shops
Added Duel Master to shops
Fixed bug with Hero Selection for Red
Fixed bug with Hero Selection for Blue
Fixed bug with Hero Selection for Teal
Fixed bug with Hero Selection for Purple
Edited Credits
Changed Starting Text
Added Arena Master
Modified Chaos Mode
Added upgrade Leather Boots
Added upgrade Mail Boots
Added upgrade Plate Boots
Added icon section to multiboard
Added hero icons to multiboard
Added multiboard no hero selected icon
Added hero selection text for red
Added hero selection text for blue
Added hero selection text for teal
Added hero selection text for purple
Changed -lmao mode to -fun mode
Changed init text for fun mode
Changed init text for 2v2 mode
Changed init text for chaos mode
Changed Le Frosty's name to Water Abomination
Gave heroes designated spot in comboshop
Gave combopatron a new model
Changed Win Text
Added game modes to multiboard title
Added game time to multiboard title
Added Version to loading screen
Flipped loading screen
Added info box to loading screen
Removed icon for stat bonuses
Added Effect Book
Added Vampirism
Added Vampirism Night Effects
Added Vampirism Day Effects
Added Vampirism Buy to Arena Master
Changed UI to Nightelf
Fixed Chaos Mode
Changed time of day
Made one Agility Point give .01 attack speed
Changed efense base value before agility bonus to -1
Changed efense bonus per agility point to .14
Changed HP Regen. bonus per strength point to .03
Changed Hit Point bonus per strength point to 19
Changed Mana Point bonus intelligence point to 13
Changed Mana Regen. bonus per intelligence point to .04
Changed Movement Bonus per agility point to .01
Added Morale System

-inverted

EDIT: I am 110% sure that there will be bugs in version 2.0 because i have added so many gameplay changes. Please report all bugs here and you will recieve rep.

Level 10
Zack1996 i realize the problem with the ogre in -fun mode, i may just make it reduce
dmg. And yes vampirism does work. Get your hero, get vampirism, and wait until the next change between AM/PM. Once it changes to am/pm look at your ms and it has changed. If you want to take screenshots then please let me know becaues it worked for me.
Heroes are similar because thats my way of balancing them without a team of balancers. I stated above that the abyss lord is coming next patch, i forgot to take him out of the patch notes.

-inverted

Level 7
Well. Now I tried the new patch (a little) and I don't really think it's a good idea becoming a vampire since it's only a minor speed bonus (23 i think?).
Anyways it's awesome that the map is bigger :thumbs_up:

Level 10
Thanks for your input guys.
Everyone: i am debating whether or not to put Combowhore on hold. This game has made
me into a pro at map making and thats what i was trying to do, get better with the world editor.
I am kind of leaning towards creating a Vampirism Fire like game with werewolfs. I will
be getting a team together.
If you are interested in creating a tag / defense type game then visit the map recruitment.

-inverted

Level 7
Don't you dare put Combowhore on hold!
And please don't make a tag map, there's enough of them allready.
Anyways that's my point of view, but ofcourse you will be the one to make the decision :p

Last edited:
Level 10
Combowhore work will continue as soon as i am finished with my new few tutorials.
Expect alot of work done this summer.

Good news: school ends in like 2 days and finals are pretty much over.
The next version (2.1) is no longer ALPHA! I am converting the game to regular versions (no longer alpha/beta versions) this meens that the patches will be as big as 1.5-2.0 but will only move up in .1 increments. So version 3.0 will be in a year or so. Anyways i plan to have a full hero tavern in 2.1 so everyone be excited, combowhore is no longer on the backburner because school is almost out.

By the way, i resubmitted combowhore to be a hosted project, everyone hopes it gets approved so we get our own forum.

-inverted

Last edited:
Level 10
Combowhore has begun construction once again.
I was taking a short break but now i am back on track and will
keep developing the game. I am currently in the process of enhancing all of the abilities
with sexy new graphics to add more eye candy to the game, then i will focus on bugs
if their are any (rep to anyone that can find one). and then adding more heroes. Expect
version 2.1 near the end of the week.

Visit http://www.combowhore.com for the latest version.

-inverted

Last edited:
Level 7
Hm.. Considering we don't get any progress reports.
I could get the feeling that this project is dead,
Is that a wrong conclusion? :bored:

Level 7
I'm glad that someone might continue this project. I think it's too good to just stop.
And if I can be of any help, please say.

Level 7
I'm sorry to hear. But if that's how it is then I guess I just keep the heroes I had in production for myself :bored:

Level 10
@ Everyone. I have moved on from warcraft 3 modding becaues i have alot going on with school and other things.
Bane contacted me asking about the project aswell as one of the former helpers; t3h b055.

I really don't want anything else to do with modding therefore i am transfering all ownership of the project to Bane and T3H B055. Have fun guys, feel free to credit me in the quest log if you feel it necessary but my name is no longer needed on the loading screen.

Have fun,
I am sending the unprotected map to both of you.
I am counting on you guys collaborating as i dont want two different versions of my map floating around warcraft 3.

-Inverted

Level 9
Okay everyone, since me and t3h b055 have been given full control over Combowhore
well first i would like to thank inverted, you left the game in good hands man.

Expect the next patch (2.1) to have all of the abilities recreated all 100% trigger enhanced with a new hero: gunner.

The game name may be changed (this has been approved by inverted) because the name is not accepted on battle.net because whore is considered profrane.

Please post all of your bugs, ideas, hero ideas etc, and new names for the game (if one is to be selected) here.
Hero ideas if presented correctly with enough information will be added into the game asap.
The more explanation you give about your hero the higher the chance your hero will be added to the game.
If you have suggestions that you think would really be helpful or affect gameplay please post them here.

All professionally presented and exceptional hero ideas will be awarded reputation by me aswell as mention in the games credits.

Everyone ready to make this game well mentioned on the custom game list?
Ready.
Set.
Fuckin go,

-Bane

Level 5
looks like it Fimbus and can you send me a copy or post a link? or if you did already put it up again for usefulness.

-Oh and a surprise that me and bane are working for to make the game more exciting for those who can kill. Kind of vague i realize but yeah, surprise.

Anyways Patch 2.1 HAS started production and should be out within the next 2-5 years. JK. no set time on release yet. But stay current for information.

Level 9
Yeah it's going to take a while for 2.1 to be released as we are remaking almost every single spell. Plus a new hero, remaking a few of the heroes. Maybe a terrain overhall. New loadingscreen we've got alot of shit to do, maybe a changing of the name of the game as it cant be hosted on bnet with this name ex

Combowhore = Combo#@#$!

-Bane

Status
Not open for further replies.