• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Combowhore

Do you like the concept of Combowhore?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Yeah! Someone decided to continue Combowhore (name to be changed)! It would be cool to see some spells remade/triggered!
Actually, since the game is most likely named something like Combo***** or something, maybe there should be some form of combo skill. For example you have one skill (innate skill) that can only be activated when you used some skills in a certain order.
For example, for the hero I will be suggesting, when you use "Dragon Rage" followed by "Phoenix Claw" and then "Titan Smash", you will gain a buff that grants certain bonuses.
Also, the name could be like "Combo Breakers" or "Combo Tournament" or simply "Combo Arena".
Now my hero->
Mythical Fighter [Strength] {Fighter}
1-> Phoenix Claw
Summon a Phoenix which uses its talons to slash the target, dealing damage and slowing. If the target is close to the hero (less than 250 range), the phoenix will bring it into the air and dive down, damaging units near its original position and even more to the target instead.
2->Dragon Rage
Calls upon the power of a dragon, granting the hero increased attack damage. Each attack also increases damage bonus to a maximum of x.
3->Titan Smash
Grants the hero the strength of a titan and smash the ground, dealing high damage and causing rocks to fly outwards, damaging enemy units.
Ultimate-> Mythical Blood
The blood of the three mythical beasts which the hero controls flows in the hero. The blood of the mythical beast grants bonuses when their powers are summoned. Phoenix Claw grants increased MS and AS when used. Dragon Rage grants increased mana and life regeneration when used. Titan Smash grants extra health and armour when used.
I might make a map for the hero but I might be too lazy to do so :p

Level 9
Great ideas guys keep um coming!
Zach i love your idea about the combo's. Maybe you can type -combo and see your heroes combos and their benefits.
Ill start makin a mockup map to test this out. ill post it here to see if i got the right idea in a few hours.

-Bane

----------------

Edit: I have completed a complex mockup of what a combo might be
when you run it type -combos then use those spells together within 3 seconds of eachother.

If you think this would be a good addition to the game please post.
@ everyone: I will be creating a new thread once 2.1 is released with extensive information on the game.

-Bane

(Combo Mockup Attached)
DO NOT use this system without my consent

Attachments

• Combo Mockup Map.w3x
    15.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Level 15
Hey, thats good! :)
The way it is done is nice, however, I have one suggestion. Channeling spells should not be part of a combo unless it is used last, it would cancel the channeling :p.
Next thing, maybe each spell should have a "Combo Value". Combos will have different strengths based on the total "Combo Value" of the spells involved. Say Ultimates have a "Combo Value" of 5, high mana/cool down spells a value of say 3 channeling spells maybe 3 or 4 and cheap spells that are to be spammed maybe a value of 1 to 2. So players have a choice of using Combos that are weaker but cost less mana and take less time to use again or a spell with high power but takes a long time to cooldown and drains lots of your mana.
Finally, certain combos should require some mana. Combos that require mana should be those with great power and such.
Overall, its good! Implement it :D

Level 7
I just tried out the new combo system. And it was awesome. I can just imagine this in the real map. It would improve the game alot :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.