• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Combowhore

Do you like the concept of Combowhore?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Update!

Okay everyone the game is almost ready, but this isnt why i have come to post right now.
I am going to be starting a Combowhore Clan. Basically one filled with players/developers/and testers main the last two or if you just wanna be a player you can join too.

Anyways ill mark whos going to join in a table below. Once we have 9 we will get together and form the clan at a specific time. (for Lordareon realm)

Clan Founders (3/10)
Inverted
Teh B055 (Glowingorb)
Royalorc

Last edited:
Level 10
Release Date Announced (ALPHA)
April 11th, 2008

Please note that this map will be released in alpha stages. As we only have 6 heroes that arnt 100% balanced, the game needs too be tested. Alpha and Beta stages are for testing. I could do this with myself and other developers and prolong the release date another two or three months but i prefer to have the consumer/player test it too see what they would like in the game. If you want to play a more finished version of the game, please wait tell the normal version is released, or beta. Alpha and beta are mainly for bugs and cannot be guarinteed to be the funnest game you've ever played. If your up for testing a game to make it ALOT better then play the alpha and beta, if not please dont bother. I dont want posts "this game sucks" thats why its in its beta/alpha stages.

Level 3
So friday, what time are we launching Inverted? Its only 4 player too atm so we were thinking about making it hive only for the alpha testing.

Level 6
Im in for testing inverted, if theres still free space, after this you gonna play more World Of Warcraft?

Level 10
yeah im at home... anyways guys whenever i try to run warcraft 3 i get an error "directx not updated" then when i try to update directx i get an error "missing cabinet file" can anyone help?

EDIT:
fixed it, updating windows did the trick.
Anyways guys heres a 2 lil bonus' i added to the game before its released check it out:

loadingscreen.jpg multiboard.jpg
-inverted

Level 7
I'll cross my fingers :)
Even though it don't get released tomorrow I won't blame ya. I just hope you'll recover soon :D

Level 19
Want a tip: Make the loading screen mdx play sound on loading start
Like: "Let the battle rage" orc saying
hard part is finding a sound

Level 10
2.4 megs atm mainly because of minimap/loadingscreen pic both are blp but 100% quality. if i start to hit 3 megs then ill lower it to 50 or 75 depending.

EDIT: just saw your post need_o2 how would i go about this? i have seen the loadingscreen creator that makes mdx files but how do i play a sound in the loading screen.

Level 10
Combowhore
V1.0 Alpha Release

I would like to thank all of those who have helped me design combowhore,
given me suggestions, ideas or morale. V1.0 alpha has been released
and you can find it in the download below. But first please read the disclaimer
below.

Disclaimer
Please remember that this map is property of Inverted,
Royalorc, and Glowingorb of the Lordaeron realm. Any tampering / damage
caused too the protection of the map is forbidden. Please remember that
this is the alpha version of the map, there are bound to be bugs! So if
you do not want to experience bugs then dont play the game until the final
release. Alpha and beta are released stricty to those who want to help us
improve our game.

Please report all bugs in this thread.
I hope you all enjoy testing the map and reporting bugs :)

View attachment Combowhore [V1.0 Alpha].w3x

Last edited:
Level 12
My guess is that you used the "move hero to random point in region" trigger when teleporting your hero out of shops yes?

Well,i got stuck the first time i played the map.

Other than this,it seems fun,although the terrain is too void.Some props and environmental doodads would be nice.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_041208_002749_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_041208_002749_01.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 92
Level 7
Wuhuu! The map is out!

EDIT:
I've tried it out now :)
I found some bugs :eek: We've all made a spell at once (3 spells) and then we got major lag Warcraft closed and we got the message FATAL ERROR. Dunno what caused it though :S Found out that it's something about Le Frosty's spell Frostie :p
One of my friends didn't get kills on the leaderboard even though he killed people :eek: It's still a fun game though :D

EDIT: (AGAIN) More Bugs found. Oh noes.
You can spawn a place so you are stuck in the trees :p Trying to get a screenshot of the place :D

Last edited:
Level 5
!BUG! !BUG! Problem with Combowhore, everytime you leave shop you get a window as normal. Then once the window expires it goes to 0:0 and stays, then when you enter shop and leave you get another one both work fine but they keep stacking.

Just put it like this so it was noticeable lol =D have fun fixing!

Level 10
Kk fimbus im really glad you played my game!
anyways can you please confirm it was le frosties frostify spell? if not then ill just have to remake him completely because im not sure i can redo what u and friends did. Anyways what do you meen by weve all made a spell at once? And also what color was your friend? red, blue, teal or purple? thanks so much for testing, its all appriciated.

EDIT: I fixed the multiboard for purple, it should work good now. New version will be released later.

@ T3h B055 the windows for shop exile worked fine for me and my other testers but ill look into this. i know you spoke to me about it, ill put this at the top of my list.

Level 7
Okay time for some pics :D
First pic is one of my friends that spawned in trees and was stuck :eek:

Second pic is the fact that I think that the Combat Text shouldn't be visible in FOW.

Third pic is me stuck in some other weird place.

Fourth pic is another one of my friends attacking (stuck at that weird place) from the shop.

These are bugs I've found.
Oh and btw, me (and my friends) still thinks it's an awesome map. :cute:

Attachments

• Buskeluskeren Stuck in Trees.tga
    3 MB · Views: 71
  • Combat Text in FOW.tga
    3 MB · Views: 62
  • Me stuck in some weird place.tga
    3 MB · Views: 64
  • Ninja-Niels attacking from the shop.tga
    3 MB · Views: 80
Level 10
Thank you so much fimbus for all of your help and feedback. ill get on fixing these bugs immediately.
I've fixed all of the randomized bugs for shop leaving. And im trying to fix the shop bug.
Btw all your screenshots are in TGA format and are 3+ megs and its taking me forever too dl and then convert.
So itd really appriciated if before you posted up screenies if you could convert them too jpg. I know the hive likes that more aswell.
Again, thank you very much.
If you and ur friends are still up for testing can you test it out and all cast spells at the same time, too see if this is going to keep happening?

Level 10
Okay guys, version 1.0b alpha is released. Here is what i've fixed:

-frostshield
-h-bomb
-fixed shop teleporter
-shop exile > 45 seconds
-shop exile will go away now
-fixed some tree glitches
-added h-bomb too challenges
-and much more
-completely retextured the terrain
-added more props/doodads to terrain
-fixed multiboard wont keep track for some people
-increased price of stat items by 200
-increased price of tomes too 500
-removed spell combat text/xp text (gives away player positions)

scroll down for newer version

Last edited:
Level 7
Hm.. In the new version player Red starts with a mountain king.. The new terrain is nice though.
Oh and btw, you might wanna check the Storm Seeker in my experience he is much better than the other heroes.
Keep up the good work :)

Level 3
Hey tom, been doing alot for the game hunh? I wanna play it but ive been skiing alot, i almost hit a frontflip today.

Level 10
@ Zack1996. Bah, i attempted quite a few times but it seems that after the trigger is initiated there is no cooldown on the ability. I will revisit this in beta version but for now theres just this. and thank you lord_of_sausage, i like le frosties and stormseekers aswell. Royalorc did margs, which is pretty funny also.

Level 7
Just dropping by for a quick note. That monk fellah is way to overpowered if you buy that item that improves your attack speed. He will then be able to nearly stun-lock his enemies :)

Btw I'm going to test the new version with some friends later this week (they've been talking 'bout it all monday xD)

Level 10
Try using Event- Unit starts the effect of an ability
or
Event- Unit finishes casting an ability
It should work
Ill make sure to come here next time i attempt this, thanks bro :)

Originally Posted by inverted
@ Zack1996. Bah, i attempted quite a few times but it seems that after the trigger is initiated there is no cooldown on the ability.

You can edit the spell cooldown from Object Editor tab, but of course you know that, so it cant be a root of the problem.
Show your trigger and let us to check it, if it doesn't seem to be working. It will work!
Yeah im not sure whats been holding it up. Maybe if i use "starts the effect of an ability" then do actions its acually stopping the casting of the ability or something. Thanks for the support.

Just dropping by for a quick note. That monk fellah is way to overpowered if you buy that item that improves your attack speed. He will then be able to nearly stun-lock his enemies :)

Btw I'm going to test the new version with some friends later this week (they've been talking 'bout it all monday xD)
Wow! im glad you guys are into it! Im gonna remake monk tonight make him more fair. Thanks for your input bro, hope you keep playing.

Level 3
Its slang for mcdonalds noob. Anyway, im building another melee hero, im not into casters as much. I did half the abilities on centaur too so ive worked on every melee hero in combowhore lol.

Level 3
Yeah, or i can just send him to you or i can try to get him finished and bring him to your house saturday and we can balance during the party. Dont forget the changes to monk we talked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.