• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Now Recruiting [Professional Hero Designers] for Combowhore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello everyone,
you probably have heared of my game Combowhore, it has been in the works for a few months now and I have been working my hardest and I one or two people to take up the job of hero creating. The following requirements must be met:

• Follow strict hero directions
  • Work well with a team
  • Being creative when designing heroes

I need the designer to be creating heroes that are ready to be pasted right into the game engine so I can keep working my hardest on gameplay and not worry about heroes. What i meen by being ready to be pasted in is have all of the hotkeys right, having the stats right, having all of the abilities colored right, tooltips are correct. For more on what heroes need to contain to be part of Combowhore please post it here. If you are interested in taking this position either post here or PM me, I am looking for professional hero designers to work on a professional project. If you have no previous experience please don't post. The Combowhore thread can be found here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63911&page=18

-inverted

Level 7
I don't know if I would call me a "proffesional", but I made that hero for your contest thingy, and I guess I could try make some more.
Anyways if your interested in my help I'm in.

/Fimbus

Off topic: Lol at your -rep :grin:

Level 7
In fear of becoming some kind of inverted answering-machine :wink:
Combowhore hero Comp said:
Your Job: Design a hero with 4 abilities. 1-2 passives and the rest are actives. The hero is too have one ultimate. The heroes with the best concept will be added too the game. You can either post a well formated, easy too read, good looking submition here or you can create a map and design the hero yourself. Idea or reality both are judged equally. Get thinking now because it wont be easy too get your heroes in combowhore once it gets more popular.
I guess that's how he want's 'em.
Here's a link to the page where the comp was anounced

Level 12
Well...
After doing a bit of work I kinda got lazy
Originally the Plan was 10 quick heroes
Then after starting to Copy and paste abilities I stopped at five
I didnt feel like doing all the tooltips or anything
So it got down to two heroes I was going to focus on
1) Using an ability I created in another map which I couldn't find,so this was gunna have to be with leakes
2) A beserker with an evasion ability with cooldown

The evasion didn't work

Either way here was the heroes I was going to do
1) The Annointed One (From hearing it all over the republican news about Barak Obama)- It was a chick with mana cheild, Flames of chance (Permanent immolation with an equal chance to heal or do nothing as it has to deal damage) Taunting Totem (A totem that was going to have the ability to taunt [Ment for micromanagers), Bash (It was either that or silence) and Avatar (Spell Immunity effect with negative armor and HP bonus [You were meant to use the Mana sheild and taunting totem real well)
2) Beserker-A Unit Ive always wanted to make, Evasion (Was going to have a 1 second cooldown, but thats impossible), Critical strike or bash (A must), Health Potion (heals 5 hitpoints per use and is semi auto, basically its meant to be health regen only for speedy clickers), Blink (Just because) and Reincarnation

I was also Planning another one with firelord that had passive dark orb ability that spawned fire minions, Obviously Lavaspawn, Permanent Immolation and Rain of Fire with an ultimate of Rain of Chaos that shot down fire minions instead.

I had more but I forgot them. eh....

See my attatchment to see what I did... You dont have to, it doesn't have anything really...

Attachments

• Failed Hero Maiking attempt #1.w3x
    21.5 KB · Views: 43
Level 40
Please keep to the thread topic, guys.

~Off-topic posts deleted.

Also, this thread was rather old when you necroposted in it. I'll leave it open just in case, but I doubt it's needed any more. I'll close it if the thread creator doesn't respond in a few days.

In the future, please don't post in threads more than the cutoff date of a week or two unless they're a sticky, or it makes perfect sense (for example, asking a question which extends another which was already answered), but not something which is likely to be obsolete that long after.

Status
Not open for further replies.