• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rabid [Tag / Defense]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Rabid (Need Terrainer and Triggerer)!

Hello everyone,
Some of you may know me from my game Combowhore. I have been working on it for some time now, and was dedicated to it for a while. I went from being a nube to becoming a pro and am now looking to create a game similar to my favorite B-net game, Vampirism Fire. Basically the idea behind my game (Rabid) and Vampirism fire is there are 10 humans and 2 werewolves. The job of the humans is to build up a base to keep the werewolves out. The werewolves must destroy the humans in order to win. So for the wolves is a tag type game and for the humans its a wall / tower defense. If you look at my Combowhore thread you will see that I am a dedicated map maker that is not fickle when creating games. If you are interested in filling in one of the following rolls please post here:
  • Experienced Terrainer
  • Experienced Triggerer
Once we get a small team together one will begin construction on the terrain, one of the systems of the game, and one on units and gameplay.

If you are interested in one of the jobs specified above please read on.

Terrainer:
  1. Must have previous terraining experience in other projects
  2. Must work well with a team
  3. Must be able to create stategic terrain (good terrain for bases)
  4. The map is going to be 160x160
  5. The map is going to have certain places as bases, for instance; 30 bases.
    -Bases are elevated with ramps where a wall can be placed for a humans protection
  6. The map is Lordaeron Winter with snow as the base tile.
  7. Example of strategic terrain: http://www.vampirismfire.com/index.php?showtopic=1760
  8. The middle of the map is where wolves will spawn and humans will start

Triggerer:
  1. Must have previous triggerering experience in other projects
  2. Must have experience in creating systems
  3. Must work well with a team
  4. Preferably GUI for easy editing

If you are interested please post here,
Once accepted i will give you instructions, please have an Windows Live Messenger account so i can talk to you,
-inverted

Last edited:
Level 12
I'm interested...

Yello

Yeah, i'd love to help you with terrains, I'm not to bad with them. If you want to see some of my work check out my cinematic Called the Lone Footman in the maps section.

I can Trigger pretty well too, but you might want someone who can do the more advanced stuff, as I've never triggered for an actual game before. Well, if you want my help, PM me back and add me to msn. :thumbs_up:

:fp:Hellblazer-14 :pal:

EDIT -- Just so you know, I won't be able to work on it 24 / 7, as I just moved countries and have a lot of work to do in school and such, and at home.... just so you know.

Last edited:
Level 10
I didnt double post. Does it look like there are two posts next to eachother up there? Thats the definition of a double post.
You have 62 posts and i bet that you have double posted somewhere in those 62 posts of glory. do not try to minimod a community such as the hive. Especially if your post makes no sense and has no reason behind it. Your signature obviously shows you want to minimod. If all you want to do is go around ranting to people about their little mistakes then don't post in my thread. Making a pointless post such as "great double post" is just as bad if you will as double posting. I could not care less if i post twice within a one hour period, if you had a little more stature here then i would shed more than the least amount of respect, but you are just a hopeless user that wants to look good in the eyes of the administrators here. If you want to go evangelizing your no double posting religion then talk to your little pokemon friends because im not interested.

Stuff it pikachu,
-inverted

Level 3
I could help with GUI im pretty good at it, BUT i never been on a team before and dont have a 'completed' map to show you, but i can show you what ive been working on recently. If you dont want me its cool though, I understand and good luck with this I use to love to play games like vamprism.

Status
Not open for further replies.