• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Combowhore]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Well, i think there should be a "safe area" where you cant attack each other, but cant stand forever in it, maybe when enterning it says: 30 seconds to force back on arena!
or something, i dont know, on that place, there should be a shop and a fountain.
Once you entered, you wont be able to enter again before 2 min or so.
//Lord_of_Sausage

Level 10
UPDATE:
Okay guys i have the teleportation in place.
When you walk over a switch you get teleported (w/ special effects and all)
you then become invulnerable and when u port out u loose invulnerabilty
and cant come back to the shops for 1.5 minutes. Here are some screenies, enjoy!

View attachment 24314

View attachment 24315

View attachment 24316

Thanks for reading,
-inverted

(this concludes version .07 alpha)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

(Extras)
I've got a few extras for you too chew on while i work
more on the game, so here is a pic of the bottum bar, its not to much of a change
but its showing the custom icons for attack/stop/hold and the custom "invulnerable"
text when you are at the fountain. So here we go

View attachment 24317

Thanks for reading,
-inverted

Last edited:
Level 10
@ DukeCz, welcome to the hive.
And welcome to my thread where i see you have taken the time
to point out the obvious similarities between Combowhore and Dota.
And no you cannot "export" from dota as it is protected.
So please stay out of my threads unless you have some what of helping me.
Unstead of saying "lol.. didn't you exported the spree system from dota."
please say something like:
"This spree system is really similar to dota i suggest you do like
1: spree 1
2: spree 2
etc..."
So please don't post again unless you have something constructive to say.

Level 15
goody :)
about killing sprees, i agree with dukeCZ (in some points).
people will join, play a little, then leave, if they're DotA haters, they will think of the killingspree as dota copy. Dota lovers will stay and enjoy.
so, killing spree is fine, but you will have to change what soundsis on each spree. An example could be to change the Beyond Godlike with Dominating and Holy Shit.
I can come whit suggestions later, if you want.

Level 10
@ DukeCz, welcome to the hive.
And welcome to my thread where i see you have taken the time
to point out the obvious similarities between Combowhore and Dota.
And no you cannot "export" from dota as it is protected.
So please stay out of my threads unless you have some what of helping me.
Unstead of saying "lol.. didn't you exported the spree system from dota."
please say something like:
"This spree system is really similar to dota i suggest you do like
1: spree 1
2: spree 2
etc..."
So please don't post again unless you have something constructive to say.

Ok sorry. I mean that the dialogs are looking too much like dota.
''xxxxx suck it to xxxxxx for 225 gold.''
''xxxxx has a xxxxxx.''
It's totally same as Dota. Only ''suck it to'' is there new. Just try to make it more original. That's my idea.

Last edited:
Level 12
The very idea of sprees has been ripped off countless times...DoTA ripped it off too...

Anyways,in my map im using this system:

-Player 1 has just ranked Slayer by killing Player 2

-Player 1 has just ranked Blood Guard by killing Player 2

-Player 1 has just ranked Colonel by killing Player 2

-Player 1 has just ranked Warlord by killing Player 2

...etc..etc...the sprees are of course,different and are based on WoW PvP ranks...

And when the sprees end,you get this message:

-Player 2 has just stripped Player 1 from his Warlord rank.

I dont have much against your sprees,but the sounds are bothering...Not that i mind that either,but there are a lot of people(potential players of your map)that dont think its a good idea.

Anyways,you can use this spree system if you like it,tho i dont think youd give up the spree sounds lol.

Level 36
Void, so what? there are thousands of games that use the same sprees, i use them because i have the sounds for them and it gives the player a sense that they are doing well when they hear a sound that they have heared before. if they are "dominating" they know that they are dominating if it says their name versus "lol u owned him" they're like wtf because they havent heared it before. I know it seems cliche to use the same sprees but its a way of bringing the player into it more. and i'd appriciate it if you didnt say i failed... its an FFA map 4 people competely different from dota. Maybe next time you could bring out the good things in a project as well. As far as i know their arn't very many FFA maps that can be played with ease, you select a hero and get right into the game. The same tileset? so what, theres only like 12 to choose from, anyways thanks. I appriciate you coming to my thread and reminding me for the 10th time like many others have its like Dota but so what, theres alot of games like dota, dota owns and its a great inspiration to make a game similar yet different to it. So please dont come storming into someones thread with nothing cunstructive at all and just putting them down.

Use the sounds from Halo or something.

And I did have something constructive-- Use different spree sounds.

Level 10
Ok thank you for all of your replies.
And DukeCZ i had already changed this now it is randomized what the dialogs are.

@ Japut do you have sound effects that go with your sprees?

@ Everyone: I will eventually get around to changing the sprees but id much rather be working
on the mechanics than working on small things like this. So no worries i will get around
to changing it.

Good day,
-Inverted

Level 10
I have now added 2+ abilities too all the heroes in the game right now (4) here is a list:

Stormseeker: has Stormstrike and Chain Lightning
Mortar Team: has flak cannons and bombardment
Monk: Has evasion and Combo
Centaur: Has shockwave and war stomp

Heres some screenies (they have 2 abils but the screenies only show one because they are level 1).

View attachment 24610

View attachment 24611

View attachment 24612

View attachment 24613

Thanks for listening,
-inverted

Last edited:
Level 5
Wow inverted im looking forward to the map, and I like how you keep everyone well informed of your progress. No clue y ppl hating on the Dota Spree thingy, who gives a fuck? I like hearing it :)

And I gota say you handled the fuc#s well. If they said that I woulda cussed em off. Gj man.

Keep up the good work.

Level 10
heh thanks bro.
I acually went back and edited about 4 of my replies because i didn't wanna piss anyone off xD.

But i really appriciate you being interested in my project its people like you that keep me wanting to make Combowhore

And speaking of updates i've got a few.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Updates:
I've got some good news guys, i'm adding a whole new aspect to the game which i think is very original.
If you know of a wc3 map that uses this concept already please let me know, anyways, this will add a new side to the map.

Challenges...
Basically challenges are achievements that when you finish them u get a set amount of experience. For example theres the "noob challenge" which gives you 350 xp the first time you use your ultimate. And then the "three of a kind" challenge which is when you obtain killing spree status and gives you 250 xp. theres going to be 60+ challenges i think some that will reap in the gold/xp/abilities but will be really hard. such as "Point whore" kill all the other members in the map within a 10 second time period, which i will add in later. Anyways thanks for listening and heres a few pics:

View attachment 24713

View attachment 24715

View attachment 24714

View attachment 24716

-inverted

(this concludes version .08 alpha)

Last edited:
Level 12
About your spree system...

Im using these sprees in my map,i wanted it to be original and not give em to anyone....

But i guess im just a nice guy.

If you like them tell me.I got a lot of them,including -Godlike-,-Rampage-,-Monster Kill- etc.

Attachments

• firstblood_f.mp3
    22.6 KB · Views: 38
Level 10
Thanks japut but i already have spree sounds for all my sprees xD

Lord_Of_Sausage, ideas that would make the game better game modes, heroes, abilities anything.
I'll add you too the list on the new thread that im making.

Everyone, I finished a new hero, shes an ogre.

Anways ill upload pics later

Last edited:
Level 10
Can a mod please lock this thread? I am going to repost the game in a new one and keep the main post updated and its going to be alot more reader friendly. THE PROJECT IS NOT ENDING. I'm just going to make a new thread. It'd be appriciated if a mod could lock this, thank you.

-Inverted

Status
Not open for further replies.