• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Quake Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Sers @ all

i think all knows the Sounds like: First Bloody, Double Kill, Killing Spree and Dominating....

So i want do a trigger with this Sounds...

When one Hero die = Play First Bloody
When two Heros die IN A SHORT TIME (2 sec) and killed by the same player = Play Double Kill
When three Heros die killed by the same player = Play Killing Spree
And so on..

Can someone help me with it?
(I search in the Forums but the searchoption here sux, because i never find that what i need)

Level 11
First please endeavor to correct your English. Then I think people will be more willing to help you! I would suggest you look for a basic triggering tutorial. I suggest this because we are here to help people, not to do their work for them. You have asked for something relatively simple, yet you appear to not know any triggering at all. Triggering is REQUIRED to make a good map. So I suggest you spend some time and learn how to do some simpler things. We will be happy to help if you have any specific questions regarding triggering.

Level 4
Omg what u want from me?

1: I hate english, iam not the best. But i try my best with a Thread.

2: The Question: How must i do the trigger that this Sound works correctly.

3: And u say i asked for something relatively simple? Where´s your answer?

4: I look in the basic triggering tutorial. I dont find this stuff with this Sounds, so i try to explain, what i want do and ask for help.

5: Sure, i never knows all about trigger, noone does but itry it every day! (and only the sible ones)

6:Look your sig... Maybe / Mabey <--- :eek:

7: I say again, i cant english very good. But this the best Forum for Editorhelp, and i still try it!

Level 21
First please endeavor to correct your English. Then I think people will be more willing to help you! I would suggest you look for a basic triggering tutorial. I suggest this because we are here to help people, not to do their work for them. You have asked for something relatively simple, yet you appear to not know any triggering at all. Triggering is REQUIRED to make a good map. So I suggest you spend some time and learn how to do some simpler things. We will be happy to help if you have any specific questions regarding triggering.

He asked us to help with a simple thing, he didn't ask us to make his whole map, so what's the big deal? If you want to complain on such a small question, at least bother answering it too... It most certainly takes less time than writing a whole letter that's actually offtopic.
Someone has to learn triggering somewhere. My bro thought me a very simple triggering (1 event, no condition, 1 action) 5 years ago. If it wasn't because of this simple help early on, I wouldn't have bothered learning by myself. And if this isn't a specific question, what is? Oh, and be honest, is that the worst english you read on the internet? Sure there are some mistakes, but it's obvious he's trying instead of using a grammarless bot.

Now on the original post:
Search doesn't suck, your searchterms suck. With 300 000 posts, you need to have much detail in a search before it's going to be effective.

Now on the actual problem:
First you need the following variable:
HeroKilled : Array 12 : Integer (initial value of 0)

• Events
    • Unit - a unit dies
  • Conditions
    • Boolean - dying unit is a hero equal to true
  • Actions
    • Set HeroKilled[Player number of owner of killing unit - 1] = HeroKilled[Player number of owner of killing unit - 1] + 1
    • If (all conditions are true) then do (then actions) else do (else actions)
      • If - conditions
        • HeroKilled[Player number of owner of killing unit - 1] = 1
      • Then - actions
        • Sound - play "First Blood"
        • Wait - Wait 2 seconds
        • Set HeroKilled[Player number of owner of killing unit - 1] = 0
      • Else - Actions
        • If (all conditions are true) then do (then actions) else do (else actions)
          • If - conditions
            • HeroKilled[Player number of owner of killing unit - 1] = 2
          • Then - actions
            • Sound - play "Double Kill"
            • Wait - Wait 4 seconds
            • Set HeroKilled[Player number of owner of killing unit - 1] = 0
          • Else - Actions

Level 11
Sorry if I sounded rude, I assumed that English was your native language and you were just to lazy to write correctly. Also because you are not a native English speaker the tone of your writing sounded sort of like this "hey i ned sum sound stuf plz. :) :) :)".
So sorry, I never ment any offence...

Level 4
Servus..
I try the tigger but i dont know why, it doesn`t work.

• Killsounds
  • Events:
    • Unit - A Unit die
  • Conditions:
    • ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
  • Actions:
    • Set Herokilled[((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) - 1)] = ((Herokilled[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] - 1) + 1)
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • Herokilled[((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) - 1)] Equal to 1
      • Then - Actions
        • Sound - Play firstblood <gen>
        • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • Set Herokilled[((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) - 1)] = 0
      • Else - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • Herokilled[((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) - 1)] Equal to 3
          • Then - Actions
            • Sound - Play killingspree <gen>
            • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Else - Actions
Maybe you found the bug. I check your trigger and me, but i dont see a diffrence.

@wd40bomber7: Ok i understand it wrong sry

EDIT: I dont get it... he still ply the Sound "First Blood"

EDIT2: Know he plays by the first kill "Forst Blood" and by the seconde kill "Forstblood" AND "Double Kill".. some more time and i get it =)

Last edited:
Level 4
Ok The Right Trigger

Sers

ok finally i got it =)

• Quakesounds
  • Events:
    • Unit - A Unit dies
  • Conditions:
    • ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
  • Actions:
    • Set Herokilled[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = Herokilled[((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + 1)]
      • If - Conditions
        • Herokilled[((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) - 1)] Equal to 0
      • Then - Actions
        • Sound - Play firstblood <gen>
        • Wait 2.00 seconds
        • Set Herokilled[((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) - 1)] = 1
      • Else - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • Herokilled[((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) - 1)] Equal to 1
          • Then - Actions
            • Sound - Play doublekill <gen>
            • Wait 1.00 seconds
            • Set Herokilled[((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) - 1)] = 2
          • Else - Actions
              • If - Conditions
                • Herokilled[((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) - 1)] Equal to 2
              • Then - Actions
                • Sound - Play killingspree <gen>
                • Wait 1.00 seconds
                • Set Herokilled[((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) - 1)] = 3
              • Else - Actions
                  • If - Conditions
                    • Herokilled[((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) - 1)] Equal to 3
                  • Then - Actions
                    • Sound - Play dominating <gen>
                    • Wait 1.00 seconds
                  • Else - Actions
Ahh ok iam happy know =P
And biggest thx to u all =))

Level 21
That still won't work. Or at least it'll not do exactly what you want to do.

The basic idea is that HeroKilled is an integer that keeps track of the amount of kills you made. Every 5 (or another number) seconds this is reset to 0, so you must make a kill within 5 seconds or the sound will not be played.

Hero Killed is an array of 12. This means that HeroKilled[0] keeps track of the kills made by player 1. So what you need to do is set HeroKilled[Player number - 1].

In order to make your trigger work, your first action needs to be:
Set Herokilled[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) - 1] = Herokilled[((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) - 1)] + 1

Secondly, your actions in the IF/THEN/ELSE statements have to be:
Sound - Play (one of the four sounds) <gen>
Wait 3.00 seconds
Set Herokilled[((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) - 1)] = 0

The last action sets "HeroKilled" to zero. This means that the next time you kil a hero, First blood will be played again, if you didn't kill him within 3 seconds. If you DID kill him before the 3 seconds ran out, HeroKilled will be increased AGAIN (to e.g. 2). Since herokilled is now 2, "DoubleKill" will be played rather than "First Blood".

If you still don't get it, attach the map and I'll see what I can do.

Level 9
that would be proper to make two array witch remember the last hero kill date (= time elapsed) and the before last one for each player.

then, when a hero is killed,
if the before previous time is close enough => tripple kill
else if the previous time is close enough => double kill
and the update of these array is just :
set BeforePreviousTime[player id] = PreviousTime[player id]
set PreviousTime[player id] = elapsed time

Status
Not open for further replies.