Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.Dismiss Notice
Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.Dismiss Notice
Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.Dismiss Notice
A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.Dismiss Notice
The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.Dismiss Notice
The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!Dismiss Notice
The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!Dismiss Notice
Check out the Staff job openings thread.Dismiss Notice
Champions Trial 3.9c
Submitted by lolreported
Champions Trial is a team-oriented Hero Survival for up to 4 players; the difficulty of the game changes automatically depending on how many players are playing.
As a team, the players will fight against an infinite amount of enemy waves and Guardians (boss encounters) until they're overwhelmed and defeated. The map has an automatic restart-system, so no need to remake after a defeat!
The map features a Highscore-system that automatically saves and loads data between players, without any input needed.
The Highscore system (called Champions Highscore) is always keeping track on the highest highscore between players and will display this Highscore in the game.
This is the main goal for the players, to try to beat the current Champions Highscore.
There's currently two different Game Modes available: Random Trial (each player get a random hero and abilities are given at random) and All Pick (player may select hero and abilities).
Depending on the selected Game Mode, each new round every player will get a new Hero. You're then able to purchase "Ability Orbs" in order to gain abilities (most default Wc3 abilities are included and some custom ones).
Any ability can be upgraded and/or unlearned if needed, at a cost of Gold and/or Ability Point(s) (lumber).
Items are equally important as abilities. There's over 100 items between several different categories; most of them have powerful and custom effects that will improve your Hero in various ways!
This will let you build your Hero in any way, regarding of what Hero and/or abilities you get. The difficult part is to find a good synergy between both.
During the gameplay hordes of enemies will spawn (waves) and will try to defeat the players.
The enemies that spawn are completely random each wave and they gain health, mana, damage and armor after every wave.
Every 5th wave a randomly selected Guardian (boss) will spawn.
This is a difficult encounter and not a pushover. Each Guardian has up to 3 custom mechanics and abilities that the players have to react to.
This will put the teams current strength up to a real test.
If the players manage to defeat a Guardian it will permanently buff the future enemy creeps that spawn, with an unique power related to the killed Guardian. This will make it harder for the players to keep up and have more things to keep a lookout for.
All Guardians and their mechanics are listed in the tab above (and in-game).
Whenever the players are defeated the Champions Highscore-system will check if the players managed to beat the current Highscore. If they did, the Highscore is saved and overwrites the current Champions Highscore.
A Guardian will spawn every 5th wave, a challenging encounter with dangerous mechanics.
Whenever a Guardian is defeated, it will permanently buff the enemy creeps with one of its powers. The mechanic/ability that has an "X" is the power enemy creeps will gain when buffed.
Guardians are resistant (and in some cases immune) to most debuffs and stun-effects, reducing the duration of those effects by 50%.
Voltronax, the Arcane Monstrosity
- (X) Will spawn Volatile Arcane Orbs that has to be killed within 9 seconds before they explode.
- A random player will get targeted by a Starfall-zone (a red circle on the ground), move out or you will take damage.
- Voltronax will drain 6% mana from all players every second over 3 seconds.
Molganath, Lord of Fire
- Spawns 3 Molten Minions every now and then that will attack players.
- (X) When a non-guardian enemy dies, it will explode after 3 seconds, dealing massive damage.
- A huge wall of fire will spawn from east or west. Find an opening or be consumed.
Demo'vilesh, the Hellish Torturer
- (X) Will bind two tortured minions from hell with a fiery chain. If you move through the chain you will take damage.
- All players will get surrounded by fire, move constantly over 3 seconds to remove it, or take increasing damage.
- Demo'vilesh burst with fire every 6th second, dealing more damage the lesser health she has.
A'er, Guardian of Winds
- (X) Will summon tornadoes that will drag players towards them. The force is stronger the closer you are.
- A'er will do a massive wind attack, pushing all players infront of her backwards.
- Summons a Wind Bomb; stand in the impact zone before it hits the ground to reduce the impact damage and radius!
Cryllise, the Frostbitten Bonedragon
- (X) Will place frost traps on the ground below all players. They take 3 seconds to activate.
- A massive blizzard will surround Cryllise after 15 seconds, dealing constant area damage.
Rotch, Embodiment of Gore
- Bursts out gore that mini-stuns when hit initially and the gore will be left on the ground that slows movementspeed of enemies.
- (X) Summons a Gore Maggot that will fixate on a random player. If the Gore Maggot reaches its target it will burrow inside the target and deal physical damage over 4 seconds. Can not be killed, but dies by itself after 7 seconds if it's unable to reach its target.
- Bursts open two Blood Gates that are linked to eachother. If any enemy unit enters the Blood Gate it will take a small amount of damage and be teleported to the linked gate. The Blood Gates are closed after use.
Grua, the Ravager
- (X) Deep Wounds; 10% of any physical damage dealt will be applied as a Deep Wound if the damaged target has less than 80% health. The Deep Wound deals damage every second until the unit reaches above 80% health again to remove the effect.
- Unleashes a massive roar that impales all enemies of Grua, dealing physical damage and stuns them for 1.4 seconds.
- Grua pauses for a brief moment and then do a massive frontal swipe. Any enemy of Grua hit will take high physical damage and be knocked back a great distance.
Yor'shajjza, Tempest of the Shath'Yar
- (X) Gift of Yor'shajjza; targets a random creep and infuse it with powers of the Old Gods. The creep will get +25% increased damage and regenerate 3% maximum health every 3rd second.
- Calls forth an illusion of a random player from another twisted realm. The Illusion takes 200% increased damage and deals 25% damage. It takes 5 seconds before the illusion is activated.
When activated, Yor'shajjza will cast "Gift of Yor'shajjza" on the illusion. When the illusion is killed it will leave behind a Lost Soul that will force its way to Yor'shajjza. If the
Lost Soul reaches Yor'shajjza it will heal Yor'shajjza for 5% of its maximum health.
- When Yor'shajjza, Tempest of the Shath'Yar reaches 30% health it will Unleash its Tempest Storm. This storm deals constant area damage to all friendly and enemy units in the arena, except himself and Lost Souls.
The tempest also slows and reduces healing recieved.
Z'or, the Manifestation of Void
- This Guardian will only spawn whenever all other Guardians have been defeated.
- Will burst with void energy every 12 seconds, dealing increased damage with each cast. Kill it, before it kills you.
- The next time you encounter Z'or, the Manifestation of Void, void energy from the previous encounter remains, increasing the base damage of his void energy burst.
2019-10-12 | 3.9c Changelog2019-10-06 | 3.9b Changelog2019-06-29 | 3.9a Changelog2019-06-17 | 3.8a Changelog2019-05-18 | 3.7e Changelog2019-05-17 | 3.7d Changelog2019-05-05 | 3.7c Changelog2019-04-26 | 3.7b Changelog2019-04-16 | 3.7a Changelog2019-03-29 | 3.6b Changelog2019-03-24 | 3.6a Changelog2019-03-09 | 3.5c Changelog2019-03-08 | 3.5b Changelog2019-03-06 | 3.5a Changelog2019-02-20 | 3.4b Changelog2019-02-17 | 3.4.0 Changelog2019-02-02 | 3.3.0a Changelog2019-01-20 | 3.2.0a Changelog
Old Changelogs (unreleased versions)
More GuardiansThe more Guardians the more fun encounters and more twists with different combinations of creep-buffs!
New GamemodesNew game modes might get introduced; currently "Random Trial" and "All Pick" are available ("-brawl" command is also available to initiate a PvP battle between players). I've got plenty of ideas for some other game modes.
All game modes will have a seperate Champions Highscore, to keep it balanced!
Global Champions Highscores
If future patches of Warcraft 3 will allow us to save data on Blizzard servers, I'll make a leaderboard that will synchronize the Highscores from all playing players, instead of loading/saving locally.
QWERTY-HotkeysCurrently not doable in any time efficient way that I know. Hopefully Blizzard will add a way to change the hotkeys dynamically in-game in the future.
OtherAllow Heroes to be more equal in strengths and weaknesses.
Improve the balancing and add more abilities/items, etc.
Game TestersThank you all for testing this map under its development phase (before/around hiveworkshop map release)! You've all provided great suggestions and feedback!
HammasHaukka, magic_hero, Dreadmeat, Drow, Lt.CAPSLOCK, TonyMaster, Anubarakk0, MrBub, Saskez, Dewae, GodAmongPeons, blackmoney, Serren, Nixerino, Uvy, Waldi, ErDiddly, S-Rax,
Kapperder, Nootkin, Drag0nFly420, ADKey, beuteugeu, Sloth1500, Mrstealyourgirl, Xuedix, VisualNovels, Sargeras, K4ble, Xaurus, ChineseSauce, Razermus, CupidBan, Open, RAPCAT, DeFunnyGuy325,
Lurking_Lurker, Arakida, Arkon, Harmony, ortus4, lightferret, ShaiTai, Buscofen, Boden_Units, Rain, danielex7, Eradis, Kremers_Paenz, ZerotolXD, firesworn, hehexddd, HunterGallagher, umti, Arxya,
Q8O, Stockchen, Qasiso, BUBUBU, HeyHo0o, TheInfernoVoid, Remixer, Shaeam, Hobomcbooze
SystemsCodeless Save and Load (Multiplayer) - v2.0.0
by TriggerHappy (Pipedream (optimal save system), nestharus (file i/o))
Damage Engine 188.8.131.52 & Is Unit Moving 184.108.40.206 & Item Cleanup 1.3
IconsPeeKay, Darkfang, CRAZYRUSSIAN, PrinceYaser
MapPreviewImageWei Wang (Wei Wang)
Music & Soundsby Blizzard Entertainment (from WoW and Diablo 3)
W3Protect - Jass and Lua map optimizer
Any feedback and suggestions is greatly appreciated! Post it in the comments!
This map should be played on the most recent Warcraft 3 patch, as I can not guarantee it will work on previous patches.
Page 1 of 4
Page 1 of 4