• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beyond the Throne: Tides of Darkness

It was my entry for the review competition. My review is a rather creative one, so I expect a prize!

Of course! -_o

As the contest is ongoing I have been restricted to working on terrain. Ruined Lock has had some upgrades including:

-Fixing submerged unit pathing in the northeast section
-The addition of two new land bridges
-Removal of tall doodads anywhere but the map edge to prevent air unit clipping
-Tavern and marketplace relocation
-Removal of creep camps from Marketplaces
-Addition of two new creep camps

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_011215_174337_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_011215_174337_01.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 144
Level 3
Hi Kam! love your work, just thought id pop in and say this: the orcs dont have an ai. now i dont know if this listed somewhere but i just spent an hour making an army with 2 different actual players (my brother lost connection to the game, internet issues) and i stormed their base only to find their gold mine gone and both with just the basic setup (a base and 5 peons). now im frustrated a little bit because last time i played against humans and the lost and we (my brother and i) got smashed to bits by level 10 heroes and other tidbits. :| please fix. also i didnt know you added the naga which is what i played as (i like random) and i noticed they were slightly incomplete. again, I dont really read these forums much anymore so sorry if I have repeated something someone else said. yeah. thx for reading.

Hi Kam! love your work, just thought id pop in and say this: the orcs dont have an ai. now i dont know if this listed somewhere but i just spent an hour making an army with 2 different actual players (my brother lost connection to the game, internet issues) and i stormed their base only to find their gold mine gone and both with just the basic setup (a base and 5 peons). now im frustrated a little bit because last time i played against humans and the lost and we (my brother and i) got smashed to bits by level 10 heroes and other tidbits. :| please fix. also i didnt know you added the naga which is what i played as (i like random) and i noticed they were slightly incomplete. again, I dont really read these forums much anymore so sorry if I have repeated something someone else said. yeah. thx for reading.

Both of those issues will be resolved in the next release. I'm glad you enjoy the map!

Next release? When was the first release? I'd love to play this, is it out somewhere?

You may download it in this thread, the map links are at the bottom:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/beyond-throne-tides-darkness-32321/

Kam I am currently away from home so I have no chance on working on the new map but I'll try to renew my motivation as I get home after next sunday.

I appreciate your effort. Let me know how it goes.

You may expect a substantial update in the next week that reflects Ken-E's thoughts and much more.

With experimental units being reworked into standard units heroes will now be the powerful units they are in vanilla wc3. I am working on adjusting all of their ability stats to deal more damage and generally be a more significant threat. Additionally standard unit spells will have higher mana costs, longer cooldowns, and parent units will have a smaller mana pool. This is to reduce ability spam, and to aid in making heroes more valuable.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_022515_005456_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_022515_005456_01.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 158

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
You may expect a substantial update in the next week that reflects Ken-E's thoughts and much more.

With experimental units being reworked into standard units heroes will now be the powerful units they are in vanilla wc3. I am working on adjusting all of their ability stats to deal more damage and generally be a more significant threat. Additionally standard unit spells will have higher mana costs, longer cooldowns, and parent units will have a smaller mana pool. This is to reduce ability spam, and to aid in making heroes more valuable.

Oh my good-golly-gosh...

You have a working copy of Mc!'s long-lost Goblin Warmech dude! Dude, I totally have been searching for that dude for, like, a dude-long time!

Can I get that in a Pastebin? (lol, this is your chance to force me to download a new copy of your map just so I can rip it xD). I would be mucho apreciado.

Level 15
Oh my good-golly-gosh...

You have a working copy of Mc!'s long-lost Goblin Warmech dude! Dude, I totally have been searching for that dude for, like, a dude-long time!

Can I get that in a Pastebin? (lol, this is your chance to force me to download a new copy of your map just so I can rip it xD). I would be mucho apreciado.

That was kind of rude, from a guy who needs something...

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
That was kind of rude, from a guy who needs something...
I don't see how it was rude; Kam and I go way back, I'm sure he understands my meaning.

More importantly, where in his post I quoted did you see something he needed? All I saw was an update of events & progress and a cool pic, with a model I've been searching for for quite some time now.

I don't see how it was rude; Kam and I go way back, I'm sure he understands my meaning.

More importantly, where in his post I quoted did you see something he needed? All I saw was an update of events & progress and a cool pic, with a model I've been searching for for quite some time now.

We are good. I did not know his model was lost. I can certainly upload it if you wish but it's still here: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=108737

If there was one stock hero per race that you would include in my project what would they be?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
We are good. I did not know his model was lost. I can certainly upload it if you wish but it's still here: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=108737
I would like an upload, because, if you'll hit that thread up, you'll find (much to your dismay) what we all have found; the file is corrupted (or something; the download doesn't work). : )

Kam said:
If there was one stock hero per race that you would include in my project what would they be?
1) Shadow Hunter
2) Shadow Hunter
3) SHADOW HUNTER

4) Dark Ranger
5) Crypt Lord
6) Warden
7) Firelord
8) Goblin Tinker
9) Goblin Alchemist.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
: )

Kam said:
Well I have the Berserker still in Orc. Out of the standard racial units (Spell Breaker, Mountain Giant, Wyvern Rider, etc) which units would you see as breaking away like Ogres did after the Second War.
In terms of "general coolness/uniqueness", definitely the Batrider. Hands down. In terms of "more interesting ideas for new abilities", probably the Witch Doctor.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

amazing project! gonna check this one out :)