• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beta Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
-What is the "notable member" section meant to achieve?

Similar to thehelper, it lets you see users with most posts/ratings/neg ratings and staff:
http://www.thehelper.net/members/

It is just a default feature of xenforo. Apparently they don't have member listings in the members section. I suppose it is meant to achieve the same thing as vBulletin's sort by rep/sort by post features.

It isn't necessary, but it is kinda nice to have it there to feed one's curiosity. How else will we know when DSG hits the big 20k?!

Similar to thehelper, it lets you see users with most posts/ratings/neg ratings and staff:
http://www.thehelper.net/members/

It is just a default feature of xenforo. Apparently they don't have member listings in the members section. I suppose it is meant to achieve the same thing as vBulletin's sort by rep/sort by post features.

It isn't necessary, but it is kinda nice to have it there to feed one's curiosity. How else will we know when DSG hits the big 20k?!

It's a little bit of a celebrity highlight, but I take your point. I get curious about these things from time to time as well :)

And 20K. That's friggin insane.

Level 5
In my honest opinion, the website looks pretty much finished, I think we could make the switch over now and add in other features as we go?

Or are you manually transferring the data over?
I think it was mentioned earlier, but theres 7 pages to go through just to get that answer S:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
In my honest opinion, the website looks pretty much finished, I think we could make the switch over now and add in other features as we go?

Or are you manually transferring the data over?
I think it was mentioned earlier, but theres 7 pages to go through just to get that answer S:

It is my plan to do something like this, but I need to have full data compatibility first. For example we need to add contest awards, resource asset linking, the chat, reputation. It's much better to have those things implemented before doing the import than having to move over the data at a later point in time.

I have a long list of stuff I can make after the move for sure.

Level 8
I have to admit is not that worse the beta site, will have to wait until the site get finished.
When the new site will bee completely done they will be able to make changes(i mean the site):improvisation,etc?
Great work with the new site (future).

Level 7
A question arises.

What will happen to all the threads on our current forum?
Will all of them be transferred to Hive.v2?
If yes. Can we expect all current forums will be transferred as well and if no what will happen to threads within those forums?

Sorry if you have already gone over this topic.

Short answer for all your question: Yes.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I have to admit is not that worse the beta site, will have to wait until the site get finished.
When the new site will bee completely done they will be able to make changes(i mean the site):improvisation,etc?
Great work with the new site (future).
The new site is not "as is". I am making improvements all the time and will continue after the import.
A question arises.

What will happen to all the threads on our current forum?
Will all of them be transferred to Hive.v2?
If yes. Can we expect all current forums will be transferred as well and if no what will happen to threads within those forums?

Sorry if you have already gone over this topic.
Oh my god this is like the 6th time. Yes!~

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Some Social Groups like to host events and such, which can be complicated in form of threads.
(...)
Hence why the notion of thread needs to be extended, as I proposed =P
Social groups right now are, as you said, a forum without being a forum. My mind happens to work better hierarchically and the common between social groups and forums is pretty obvious, but that's just me.

Level 23
Sweet, sweet hive 2. It looks pretty darn good even though it's still in BETA.

Opinions:
  • Methinks that the night elf border stands out too much right now, although I bet the terran theme would look pretty good on the new site.
  • Showing avatars at the left side of a paste doesn't really look good. It looks like a forum post. It's kinda redundant too since the user's avatar is already at the right of the paste. So, I suggest removing the avatar on the left side so that there's more space for the paste itself.
  • Since most of the people who posted on this thread didn't like the "New Profile Posts" thing, why not just turn it into some kind of chat. It's been suggested a bunch of times ago on site discussion, and making it easy access could make the chat a more livelier than it is now
  • I don't like the fact that social media is there too. I'm not sure where it was but I remember seeing a share button to twitter there.
  • Oh, and cool url for the beta site too. :3

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Sweet, sweet hive 2. It looks pretty darn good even though it's still in BETA.

Opinions:
  • Methinks that the night elf border stands out too much right now, although I bet the terran theme would look pretty good on the new site.
  • Showing avatars at the left side of a paste doesn't really look good. It looks like a forum post. It's kinda redundant too since the user's avatar is already at the right of the paste. So, I suggest removing the avatar on the left side so that there's more space for the paste itself.
  • Since most of the people who posted on this thread didn't like the "New Profile Posts" thing, why not just turn it into some kind of chat. It's been suggested a bunch of times ago on site discussion, and making it easy access could make the chat a more livelier than it is now
  • I don't like the fact that social media is there too. I'm not sure where it was but I remember seeing a share button to twitter there.
  • Oh, and cool url for the beta site too. :3

Thanks for the suggestions and compliments :)

Level 37
Overall layout of the website looks great, Ralle. I think my favorite new feature is the conversation. Also, I can't wait to see it without the forum look! Anyway here are a few concerns I have:
  • Either I am just blind, or the update button is ridiculous hard to find. I tried uploading a spell resource in the ability subforum but never found it. I read the instructions on your first post, but I don't get it ._.

• What's the point of having 3 seperate conversation links? Would it not be easier to just keep them all under one link?

• I don't think you should have the Online Now icon as a part of the user's avatar. Would that not be a problem if the user somehow had an avatar similar to that color?

• I love the new pastebin, but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about all the bbcode shortcuts being on a green foreground. It make's it a lot harder for me to find what I need :/

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hello KILLCIDE,

Sorry for not responding sooner.

Edit the bundle, click the link below it. Click the link next to it on the bundle edit page.

I am not sure what you mean. Can you show me these links?

This is just standard XenForo, we can do whatever we like, but right now its not super important.

The pastebin text editor looks like all other editors on the site. So you shouldn't have combined these two items :). A. pastebin is nice. B. The text editor makes it harder to find the buttons.
I can see what you mean. I am not sure I think it's much of a priority right now. We still need to add the custom BB Code buttons.

Level 37
Hello KILLCIDE,

Sorry for not responding sooner.

No problem, Ralle!

Edit the bundle, click the link below it. Click the link next to it on the bundle edit page.

Will try this out later!

I am not sure what you mean. Can you show me these links?

I wanted to attach a picture along with it, but for some reason I can't attach anything here lol. I was just curious to why you would need multiple links? I personally wouldn't care to know if I started the conversation or not, just show me all my conversations! As for staring, just have it at top of the list (; this is just my take on it, maybe if you give me your reasoning I'd be able to understand more about why there are 3 links.
iKvS7F7.png

This is just standard XenForo, we can do whatever we like, but right now its not super important.

I just like to think of worst-case scenarios ;D

The pastebin text editor looks like all other editors on the site. So you shouldn't have combined these two items :). A. pastebin is nice. B. The text editor makes it harder to find the buttons.
I can see what you mean. I am not sure I think it's much of a priority right now. We still need to add the custom BB Code buttons.

I know it does :) I just didn't want to look like a pessimistic!

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Will you be able to disable trophy points/likes received, like you're able to disable reputation now?
I think I will yes, since we are also going to have reputation.
Should I disable the like system too?
I want to keep my Darude Sandstorm username, can I do that? xD

What is with you guys and Darude Sandstorm?

Level 20
Well i tried the beta site and i can give you this.It feelt much more smoother that the old hive.Stuff is better arranged and can be seen much more easily(I remember during my noob days here in hive i would have alot of trouble finding the map section etc etc) so the new site is way more noob friendly.

The green colore tho...It seems way to bright for my taste a green like the current one we have here would be fitting imo.

A "bug" i might have found

-I am not reciving a confirmation email even tho i resend it serveral times.

One question.Will our ACC(together with their rep and recourse) on old Hive get transfered to Hive 2

Roland

R

Roland

Does the current staff members here will be also applied on the Beta site?

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Ralle,can you please make Tools keep approval after update? It would save me so much trouble.

Nah. I think every single spell should be re-reviewed as well.

I don't see how a re-designed website would have anything to do with the staff.

Anywho, Ralle/Archian, any updates on the concept layout (theme)?

The staff won't receive any changes.

We have not changed much of the design no, we consider it good enough for release. I am working on the last few features needed to move the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.