• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ban Spree of Users... Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
I am sorry to say, but..

I think this has to do with me..

Edit: Say your 'new' system backfired for the second time, it also is affected by expired infractions.

Level 14
~Void~ said:
That's pretty harsh... not quite sure I like this change. Unless you tell moderators to stop giving out permanent infractions.
All infractions are permanent black marks against a user. Infractions will only be given out in cases where a user belligerently acts out against the site, a staff member, or other users while in full understanding of the site rules. Such breaches of the rules will not be tolerated at all.

All users with 10 infractions were given 2, all users with 1-9 were given 1, and all users with 0 still have 0. This means that users that were already banned are still banned and users that weren't banned still aren't; we just have to fix their user titles now. :p

Level 14
And all of those who were accidentally banned are now unbanned. The problem is that we haven't fixed their user titles yet, so it still looks like they're banned when in fact they aren't.

Level 36
There are more than you can possibly know, having less than a month of join time on your plate.

Listen, it's really straight forward people. First you recieve a warning. Then you recieve neg rep. If you repeat your offense again, it's 1 infraction. If you do it a FOURTH time, that's it, you're out.

It's as easy as that. We're giving you 3 strikes, then you're out.

Heavier offenses may skip straight to 1 point or a ban.

There are more than you can possibly know, having less than a month of join time on your plate.

Listen, it's really straight forward people. First you recieve a warning. Then you recieve neg rep. If you repeat your offense again, it's 1 infraction. If you do it a FOURTH time, that's it, you're out.

What about the people who got a one point perma from Kimberly but have since improved?

Level 23

i can imagine someone getting banned pretty fast by getting ina flame war with a mod or stuff like that

imo bans should be for heavier offenses only

Level 14
Pyritie said:
What about the people who got a one point perma from Kimberly but have since improved?
Then it sounds like they should stay improved so that they don't get the second.
doom_sheep said:
i can imagine someone getting banned pretty fast by getting ina flame war with a mod or stuff like that

imo bans should be for heavier offenses only
Flaming a staff member is quite blatantly against the rules. Doing so would result in 1 infraction, and persisting in doing so would result in a ban. These are the rules, this is how it's going to be, and that really is that.

I appreciate your all's concern with this, but know that we did this for a reason. If you are so worried about getting banned, then I guess that's a pretty good reason to shape up and start paying more attention to the rules.

Level 23
Flaming a staff member is quite blatantly against the rules. Doing so would result in 1 infraction, and persisting in doing so would result in a ban. These are the rules, this is how it's going to be, and that really is that.

theres alvays 2 people in a flame war. banning anyone for that is meh. its not like they do it on purpose.

the purpose of banning is to get rid of people who cause serious problems. doing it too lightly is bad.

I appreciate your all's concern with this, but know that we did this for a reason. If you are so worried about getting banned, then I guess that's a pretty good reason to shape up and start paying more attention to the rules.

youre practically flaming me here -_-

i have no fears of anything like that. i just dont like the idea of easy bans

Level 23
Practically flaming? He's showing absolutely no hostility toward you. Please, check the rules for our definition of what is considered flaming. You may find yourself enlightened.

i didnt mean flaming by site rules. he claimed that im posting because im afraid of getting banned and have broken the site rules. posts like that can easily start a flamewar.

Level 14
doom_sheep said:
i didnt mean flaming by site rules. he claimed that im posting because im afraid of getting banned and have broken the site rules. posts like that can easily start a flamewar.
I'm sorry, but I don't even know what you're talking about. I'd like to point out that in my post I said "your all's," implying everyone that's posted thus far. Additionally, nowhere do I claim that you're afraid of anything, much less being banned. Don't be so silly. :)

Level 34
If you don't know what an infraction is, you don't have one. As well, users can't see other users infractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.