• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zero Tolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Was Deolrin banned because you deemed his post to be offensive? I guess it's slightly offensive, but honestly, this could've been much more easily solved if you responded. Now you're saying a lot of things that people don't recognize or agree with, and instead of seizing the chance and clarifying everything more by responding to Deolrin's post, countering his points, you ban him for offensive behaviour. I guess it was slightly offensive, but still, not offensive enough for a ban, in my opinion.

You could've done the same with the posts posted in all those links. Going in discussion eases the situation more than banning.

Ah well. Life goes on.

Level 25
I would like to discuss a thing that has been brought to my attention (and do note i did not ask it to be brought up in case you plan on banning me for some consipracy or whatever).
It seems our PM's aren't private at all and are being looked at.

I ask for an answer from TDW.

Level 17
I would also like an answer regarding the above issue. This has also been brought to my attention.

Level 28
Was Deolrin banned because you deemed his post to be offensive? I guess it's slightly offensive, but honestly, this could've been much more easily solved if you responded. Now you're saying a lot of things that people don't recognize or agree with, and instead of seizing the chance and clarifying everything more by responding to Deolrin's post, countering his points, you ban him for offensive behaviour. I guess it was slightly offensive, but still, not offensive enough for a ban, in my opinion.

You could've done the same with the posts posted in all those links. Going in discussion eases the situation more than banning.

Ah well. Life goes on.

I totally agree on this guy.

Level 17
Looking at PM's is an invasion of privacy and it's nobody else's business but between the sender and the receiver(s). I'd like an explanation on this too.

Level 9
I would like to discuss a thing that has been brought to my attention (and do note i did not ask it to be brought up in case you plan on banning me for some consipracy or whatever).
It seems our PM's aren't private at all and are being looked at.

I ask for an answer from TDW.

I completely agree.

May I ask what you mean? I am not aware of any situation with the PM system, I mean I can't answer something if I don't know about it. Do you have any proof or anything?

Level 3
Can i just ask something ?

hmmm i have been a member of this site for a long time now since december 2008 , and i dont chat comment or do shit here i just download stuff because this site provides the best . and i am totally against dota not giving credits to TheHiveWorkshop but if they did then im wrong o.o .

well the point is i came out of my shell because of this issue , what i think of this issue is quite unfair .. maybe i dont know the real issue but from what i read here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/gfx/haxx/d.png is seems that banning this guy is not the right thing to do cause he is clearly just DOING HES JOB . and hes doing it right i say .

well i dont really care but its just my opinion :) , i am a noob at this site despite the fact that ive been a member since 08 . noob i say because i dont do shit here i just download stuff really cool stuff , i am a true user of the hive workshop :) . will i get ban for this post ? haha :X and maybe i dont even have the RIGHTS to say all this but this is the first time i posted this long well infact i can count the numbers of post i made .. a total of 3 i guess hahaha but like i said this ISSUE made me came out of my shell because i am against what happened here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/gfx/haxx/d.png .

END (i dont know how to end a post so i type END XD) and please dont ban me i love thehive hehe

Level 25
Quoting a PM i recently got from a member i will not name:
I must expose to you some rather disturbing facts about THW's new "community" moderator.

I'll skip the really old part, when he banned whole staff from TFGORP (The final gathering of roleplayers), which was later remade into Player-HQ, then into Player Heaven, and then the same ban spree and banning all members who ask about the bans, the site died out in a month. He is also known to have literary destroyed WC3 clans with bot accounts.

Now in the recent past, he tried to buy off "Coloholics" site, probably the biggest roleplaying forum. As soon as he was given the Co owner premissions, he banned TFE, the legitimate owner of the site and most of his staff, under excuse that TFE had a "Black Ops" team of hackers, who hack stuff *rolleyes*.

He also tried to sell his vBulletin licence on an auction, only to sell it to someone else while the auction was still active, leaving the winner emptyhanded.

I was also told that he literally scammed few people for large amounts of money, the amount and the purposes of it are unknown to me, though Orc knows more.

Coloholics was just one of his targets, but it was unsuccessful. Though most of the "merges" were successful, like with Kathoran.freeforums.org.

It was a SC2 roleplaying site, with about 2000 members and about 1 tenth of those were active. Dwiz promised the owner the "Administrator" position and his moderators their own moderator positions on waywardinn. No one from kathoran is on staff and the kathoran forum is gone.

Next victim, was some "exalted" forum, (exalted is some kind of a roleplay, im not really sure). He bought the site some time ago, only to merge it with waywardinn recently.
there was about 700 waywardinn (wayward inn was a general roleplaying site) members, comparing to 10.000+ from exalted, the conflicts of the site's focus were obvious and still ongoing, though Dwiz and his lapdogs are doing their best to hide all mentions about it. The waywardinn was renamed to "rpdom" to bury the dirty past and make a "new site identity".
http://www.rpdom.com

Now, why am I sending you this? Because THW and WC3 were some of my favourite activities back in the day when I was active, I do not know if Ralle has gone completely mad or if he is just desperate, but teaming up with Dark Wizard will surely be the downfall of this site.
Chat was disabled because Ralle's little lapdog can't be there 24/7 banning people.
Not to mention the fact that he is openly advertising his site, while he bans every member of the site listed bellow.

You may forward this message to others if you wish, but you risk getting banned, though I guess it doesn't matter all that much now.

DO NOT BOTHER REPLYING, THIS ACCOUNT WILL SOON BE BANNED, BECAUSE OUR LITTLE "COMMUNITY" MODERATOR IS STALKING YOUR INBOXES.

Talk about "Private" messages, huh?

If you really need to discuss this issue without fear of getting banned or censored, you can do it here: link removed.

Also:

untitl36.jpg

NOTE THE COMMENT IN THE PICTURE, PM.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I think Hive as wc3 community, not as forum, even though I use the forum section, I still would use it if there would be only tutorials, because when I started a search for wc3 related web page I only expected to find some tutorials.

Level 22
It is normal admins to have access to PMs of their own forum because imagine someone did something illegal and criminal? Of course these are extreme cases and as little as they have occurred on the internet, that's when such final measure has to exist. Other than cases of investigation I do not think PMs are looked at/should be looked at. On the other hand, don't act freaky and message weird PMs and you don't have to worry about anything :)

Level 25
It is normal admins to have access to PMs of their own forum because imagine someone did something illegal and criminal? Of course these are extreme cases and as little as they have occurred on the internet, that's when such final measure has to exist. Other than cases of invetigation I do not think PMs are looked at/should be looked at.

Yes, hardcore criminals gather here at THW to discuss illegal things.
We are all terrorists for that matter.

Level 22
Yes, hardcore criminals gather here at THW to discuss illegal things.
We are all terrorists for that matter.

That's the meaning of 'owner', dude. If they want to, they can look at the PMs as well. But if one doesn't post any conspiracies in PMs, one doesn't have to worry about anything and one's PMs will become boring to look at (due to being ordinary) =)

Level 25
That's the meaning of 'owner', dude. If they want to they can look at the PMs as well. But if one doesn't post any conspiracies in PMs, one doesn't have to worry about anything and one's PMs will become boring to look at =)

NO. HELL NO.

The moment you label something PRIVATE, it stays like that for good. If not he should have changed the Private Messaging to Messaging only.

Invasion of privacy is an illegal act, only the goverment may invade your privacy if it has reasons to belive you are doing something illegal.

You seem not to grasp the meaning of private. If the pm's aren't private i say remove them, i will talk to the other guy via MSN which i know isn't monitored then.

Level 22
There is no proof that Ralle or his people are doing this (watching PMs), so no need to get dramatic about something that is pure speculation. Besides, I need little to read about a person to understand what a person is like. I don't think Ralle has any interest in doing that, so I think your privacy is safe.

Level 22
I think you guys became too harsh with Ralle. Give him some time, he will make this place better, all the hatred will be gone and the site will continue to live as it has always been. It is now having a hard times but it will be all gone, just needs a little time.

Level 25
I think you guys became too harsh with Ralle. Give him some time, he will make this place better, all the hatred will be gone and the site will continue to live as it has always been. It is now having a hard times but it will be all gone, just needs a little time.

We are asking questions to which we are getting no answers my friend, i am not attacking ralle.

Also we are free to take our stand here and make a point, why is this silence going on? The more time passes the more people leave and more secrets get revealed. Why is there no response from Ralle or TDW?

Edit:

Pyramidheads post removed?

Level 17

It isn't really a matter of harshness. A serious allegation has been made regarding our privacy on this site. As users and contributors, we deserve answers to these allegations.

I couldn't care less about everything else, but if my privacy is being compromised, then I (and perhaps others) may be forced to leave.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
That post is completely irrelevant with the topic at hand, and I will not be allowing users to post that here in this thread, however if you want more information on that please PM The Dark Wizard, he is willing to answer any questions anyone has in private, so this thread does not get cluttered with off-topic stuff. However I can say this much at least: Most of that is inaccurate and the truth while it is there it was warped, for example; Velm says that he banned everyone from TFGoRP, however the way it actually happened was, an administrator named Orc deleted the site. The reason why Velm was banned is because someone reported it in admin contact, it is not a secret that everything on this site or anysite in the world is stored in a database a server, that includes PMs.
I don't read through PMs but If I have a block of text I can input it into the database and it will find out who posted it, this is useful in being able to handle reported PMs because else we would not be able to do that. But enough of that, try to stay on topic ladies and gentlemen.

~Keep on Mooseing,
Ralle

Level 25
Questioning the integrity of a new administrator is well within the topic of this thread, and the my post did just that.

And i am sorry but i literally got 4 warnings about this new moderator in 1 hour and how he is unfit to be an admin. How am i to feel safe or to know my privacy won't be violated by him if i do not question his actions to prove my opinion wrong?

This is my favorite community, i would hate to see it fall apart.

Level 4
I don't what to say this, but i have download anarchianbedlam's and DonDustin's models in this site, so, are they demoted or they permanently banned?

Level 3
is my post deleted mr admins ? well who care about me o.o haha .. but i found my answer now its here >>> "Hiveworkshop is on the same server with RPDom; they are also affiliated (check bottom line of the affiliated sited in the end of this page), so it is not against the rules to post the link to it. It's like telling someone that posting TheHelper.net links is against the rules."

so i can moveon quietly now :)) haha i kinda like this commenting stuff anyways my TDW . can i ask something ? .. whats up with this "I never told anyone shut up." ? i clearly read that you said that to the joeblack5 guy . anyways goodluck on the hive and please awesome people of hive . dont delete your resources , it is such a waste to delete them o.o ..

peace

Level 12
Pyramid was spamming quite some stuff. He was trying to make a point "crudely", so I guess (?) it is sort of "acceptable" since Zero Tolerance is in action [(?) again].

Kingz, on the other hand, was not saying things uselessly, he was presenting a case maturely. If they ban him, it'll be proof that free-speech in the Hive is all but a faded memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.