• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zero Tolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
"Hiveworkshop is on the same server with RPDom; they are also affiliated (check bottom line of the affiliated sited in the end of this page), so it is not against the rules to post the link to it. It's like telling someone that posting TheHelper.net links is against the rules."
How the fuck should anyone else but the admins know that?
It's like Ralle giving me a grenade shaped like a ball and ordering me to play with it then hides in the next room and laughs when it explodes. Then suing me for destroying the ball and sending me bills while I am at the hospital and taking down my house.

Also Griffen was banned after mentioning the hack thing ;_;

Level 25
Hiveworkshop is on the same server with RPDom; they are also affiliated (check bottom line of the affiliated sited in the end of this page), so it is not against the rules to post the link to it. It's like telling someone that posting TheHelper.net links is against the rules.

This should have been the response from TDW then, not "shut up".

ndh

ndh

Level 8
Was so happy yesterday when i saw some models i hadn't seen in a long time back on the hive. When i went to look to see if they were still there, i couldn't find them. Then i tried to find out what happened... let's just say i ended up reading this post :/

And to Pharoah_, your point is totally illegitimate, the majority of us just want to the see through the progression of the site. And to say, 'for those of you who don't like it, just leave', appalls me, the site would be nothing without the members, and nothing without the mods, you and the other moderators do not solely control the fate of the site, we are group share-holders per-say.

Did I ever say that staff and users are not equal? Weren't I a user on my own? And let's be honest, I took no decision over this either, I am an observer as well. This is not DotA, where people suggest heroes and IceFrog might involve some of the suggestions in the map; this is a community where people join, if they like it and leave if they feel mistreated. One has the power to restructure anything, this is how hierarchy goes, if that didn't occur to you. And yes, this is a choice of our own, I don't see why you tend to only estimate one of the two options.

As for moderators, there are certain keywords that the applicant has to reply to: what moderator means and what a regular user means.

THIS is what I replied:

User The unit of a community; lots of them consist the community, a pattern of different personalities and interests. A healthy user's behavior assists in a healthy community.

Moderator Another unit of a community, that, apart from their duty to serve the rules of the site, they also have to manage forums and/or resources and make sure that everything flows right within.

I reaaaally don't think I ever mentioned inequalities among those two ranks.

Level 31
why is there even so much drama about this??? if you are bad moderator/admin/whatever you are demoted. okay, some people may or may not of been wrongfully demoted, why does it matter?? you wont get to spend your hours anymore to moderate a wc3 modding community???

and why is there so much hate against the dark wizard?? because nobody knew him? are you jelous this guy nobody knows is a community manager? or do you genuinly not like how he moderates?

honestly i see no point in this argueing. what are you trying to prove? you think argueing will get everyone unbanned? and their staff positions back?

Level 22
P.S: BTW, anyone knows why Pyritie was banned? Seems completely random to me.

Pyritie banned? Didn't see that coming. Though it makes up for the times when I was globally ignored by Pyritie and kept yelling in the Admin Staff (it was err 2010 afair), until Hakeem and Ghan_04 were the only ones that helped me and undid that. Still, I started liking this Pyritie guy as of the MLP beginning.

I do not like TeamLiquid neither their team, nor their players because they just worship themselves and you know there are so much better now not just in sc2's beta. But some of their rules were highly effective:

Insult/Troll/Spam/Stupid Thread/Meme - Tast-Dolan-Troll Science - 1 warning, 2 warnings = 1 week Ban, 2 weekly bans = perma ban, feel free to start a new acc after the perm ban.

They hired what I called 'dogs' - ordinary members with ban functions since someone had to watch for troll posts and silly posts. Now that site is totally Elitist (like me) but it does make people not dare to troll or post stupid things.

I mean in real life is like that - if people got in prison more for what they do and death penalty was allowed, people would commit crimes less, no joking, stricter rules makes better community everywhere.

You could try that.

Level 22
Did I ever say that staff and users are not equal? Weren't I a user on my own? And let's be honest, I took no decision over this either, I am an observer as well. This is not DotA, where people suggest heroes and IceFrog might involve some of the suggestions in the map; this is a community where people join, if they like it and leave if they feel mistreated. One has the power to restructure anything, this is how hierarchy goes, if that didn't occur to you. And yes, this is a choice of our own, I don't see why you tend to only estimate one of the two options.

As for moderators, there are certain keywords that the applicant has to reply to: what moderator means and what a regular user means.

THIS is what I replied:

I reaaaally don't think I ever mentioned inequalities among those two ranks.

Your previous statement degraded the bulk of us, excluding these so-called 'trolls' who Ralle has snuffed out, to a group of whiny children who really have no control over what happens here, and if we feel displeased can leave, what if everyone who felt displeased left? Would there be any active members remaining? At the current time I think not.

I will quote you exactly.

Let's calm things down a bit, if everyone is asking for questions, new questions will emerge all the time. Your disappointment is imprinted on every sentence you type. No one forces anyone to stay or leave. It really is up to us to figure this out.

It is not up to 'us' the moderators, it is up to us, the community as a whole to figure this out.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes Eimtor, let's give every person on the site the ability to ban people and delete thread, like they don't have agendas of their own, and before your next post, which will rephrase to something like this "I meant only select members can use these functions", yes we already have them, they're called moderators.

Level 31
It's not about anyone being hurt about a demotion/banning, it is about the reasons why it happened and by whose hand and if it was the right call.

it seems a lot like it's about being hurt from demotion/banning

They hired what I called 'dogs' - ordinary members with ban functions since someone had to watch for troll posts and silly posts. Now that site is totally Elitist (like me) but it does make people not dare to troll or post stupid things.

sounds like torture

why is there even so much drama about this??? if you are bad moderator/admin/whatever you are demoted. okay, some people may or may not of been wrongfully demoted, why does it matter?? you wont get to spend your hours anymore to moderate a wc3 modding community???

and why is there so much hate against the dark wizard?? because nobody knew him? are you jelous this guy nobody knows is a community manager? or do you genuinly not like how he moderates?

honestly i see no point in this argueing. what are you trying to prove? you think argueing will get everyone unbanned? and their staff positions back?
I would HIGHLY advise you to stop talking about stuff you have NO information about. You only end up looking like an idiot.

Level 9
Your previous statement degraded the bulk of us, excluding these so-called 'trolls' who Ralle has snuffed out, to a group of whiny children who really have no control over what happens here, and if we feel displeased can leave, what if everyone who felt displeased left? Would there be any active members remaining? At the current time I think not.

It is not up to 'us' the moderators, it is up to us, the community as a whole to figure this out.

Actually if you read the thread carefully Ralle said he does not care if people leave and the community shrinks, anything to make the site friendly/clean.

Level 31
I would HIGHLY advise you to stop talking about stuff you have NO information about. You only end up looking like an idiot.

i know everything there is to know, i've been reading through this whole thread, and following this drama. please point out where i've shown that i'm lacking in knowledge. yeah, i left out a few things, so what? they weren't crucial examples or did they hurt my case

Actually if you read the thread carefully Ralle said he does not care if people leave and the community shrinks, anything to make the site friendly/clean.
Has it ever crossed your mind that your site is useless without a community? Have you ever thought about the scenario of having no one left who's interested in this?

Again, by "us" I mean the community, I'm trying to make a point and you constantly ignore or misunderstand it. You are so passionate about this that you actually want me to say what 'side' I am on. If you indeed want to speak in terms of "community", then stop addressing "we" versus "you".

And if this is proved to be a bad restructuring, I already told you, "that remains to be seen".

Level 9
I can not answer his questions, because I'd have to reveal information that will get me banned, on YOUR rules (disclosing staff-intern buisness).

Actually this was his post.

Originally Posted by takakenji

He wants to know A) Why do you care? B) Why do you hate The Dark Wizard C) He wants to know if you think arguing will get anything accomplished.

He did not ask for any sensitive information any more. How about you answer them for me if you won't for him?

Level 25

1. There is drama because not everyone feels justice has been server, obviously.
2. It matters because of the way it was presented, giving years of your life to a community to get rid off in a such matter is not a nice way of handling anyone, be it friend or foe.

3. No one is hating Dark Wizard, we do not know him at all actually.
4. Why would anyone be jealous of a moderator? It only means they need to spend their free time on judging others, something which i do not wish to do anytime soon in my life.

5. We are having a discussion, not an argument. No one is calling out staff positions back but we are free to express our opinions.

You atitude is quite uneasy at a time like this, i may not have known much of the most of the banned persona's but i do know that this all went down fast and i do not like that at all.

Actually this was his post.

Originally Posted by takakenji

He wants to know A) Why do you care? B) Why do you hate The Dark Wizard C) He wants to know if you think arguing will get anything accomplished.

He did not ask for any sensitive information any more. How about you answer them for me if you won't for him?
Do you REALLY want me to get going, telling them about what your definitions of "bad moderators/admins" ARE?

Do you REALLY want me to tell them why we seemingly "hate" you?

You might aswell take a step forward and tell them what your part in all of this was, what you did, what your orders were.

ndh

ndh

Level 8
Perhaps all those whom disagree with Ralle's decision could set up a time and date to discuss it with him and get a better understanding as to why he did what he did?

Complaining about why something happened never helps, it ends up just making things worse by adding more drama. And yes, there are those among us that feed off of this kind of drama and for some reason enjoy continuing it.

What's done is done. If you are truly offended by what Ralle has done, then PM him with a respectful tone, not a demanding or sarcastic tone. Let's try to be civil people.

And before you start quoting pieces of this post, just think to yourself, are you quoting me because you agree, or are you quoting me because you feel like you need to put me in my place?

Level 9
Do you REALLY want me to get going, telling them about what your definitions of "bad moderators/admins" ARE?

Do you REALLY want me to tell them why we seemingly "hate" you?

You might aswell take a step forward and tell them what your part in all of this was, what you did, what your orders were.

I mean how many times must I tell you and everyone that Ralle brought me in to clean out the garbage? It's not a secret.

Ralle him self has said in the chat that we are spring cleaning. I mean what do you want me to say?

Want me to twirl my mustache and yell out my evil plan while I kidnap the princess and fly off on a dragon?

Level 23
I mean how many times must I tell you and everyone that Ralle brought me in to clean out the garbage? It's not a secret.

Ralle him self has said in the chat that we are spring cleaning. I mean what do you want me to say?

Want me to twirl my mustache and yell out my evil plan why I kidnap the princess and fly off on a dragon?

You have a mustache? I find that detail particulary awesome.

I hope you got my tip about takakenji, right?

Level 22
Has it ever crossed your mind that your site is useless without a community? Have you ever thought about the scenario of having no one left who's interested in this?

Though I disagree with all of your previous posts, and believe they are way too hostile... I second this comment.

Also, we know TDW very well, at least I do, his pandering to Ralle's intellectual desires has earned him a position of power (that's all I need to know), which makes him a biased player in this scenario, which is what Ralle says he was trying to avoid.

This is no personal attack on you TDW, but you are inexperienced, biased, and not cut out for this, the events to come are going to push you to the limit of irritation, and I doubt you can survive the onslaught of trolling that will assail you from all sides. Already you've told Joe to shut his mouth, I can only wonder with fervent curiosity what rage the staff with amass in the future... Not to single you out, 13LackDeath has exhibited the same behavior.

I think this thread should be closed immediately. It's getting out of hand.

Level 26
Perhaps all those whom disagree with Ralle's decision could set up a time and date to discuss it with him and get a better understanding as to why he did what he did?
I got chat banned, so I cannot meat with anybody to discuss it

What's done is done. If you are truly offended by what Ralle has done, then PM him with a respectful tone, not a demanding or sarcastic tone. Let's try to be civil people.
Personally I don't see why I should keep it private, because I have nothing to hide and there have been to many secrets recently anyways.

Want me to twirl my mustache and yell out my evil plan while I kidnap the princess and fly off on a dragon?
I quite frankly know what you are up to, "secretly" testing the left staff members, how far they will go for you, how "fit" they are for your "reconstruction".

If you already KNOW that you don't want me to be part of that "reconstruction" of yours (and by yours, I mean YOURS), why do you bother testing me, wanting to see me rage?

I simply told you that I can not answer takakenji's questions truthfully without revealing forbidden information.

Level 22
Forbidden information... That sounds so lame. It's just a website... Ralle should just lift the veil, this ordeal is devious to the point of stupidity.

Ndh, stop pandering to the opinions of the moderators whom you don't even know, you're just trying to acquire a trust with them in the same manner TDW did.

Edit:

The problem is that there was no garbage to speak of in the first place. Everything was going just fine until you showed up.
One of you, either Ralle or TDW, is delusional, that's for sure. If you truly believe that the community is "full of evil flammers and trolls" and must be "purged", that is...

You're delusional if you believe that statement is false. 70% of the staff were and still are not fit for service, Rui, DSG, and M0rbid are excluded from this demographic I'd say.

Level 26

It was a complete secret to me that Ralle distrusted his staff so much that he needed to promote somebody to a chat mod, without even telling us anything about it. He would not have to give us a name, but at least the information, that he gave certain users chat mod powers, to get some more control into chat bussiness. When I got banned you even were like: "I have no idea what i am doing? How was I able to ban you??LOLOLOLLO" And instead of pming me to stop talking about it, you instantly banned me.

So tell me more about the defender of justice.

Level 22
We all continue ranting aimlessly, like it will make any difference. Ralle is the head honcho, it doesn't matter what we do or say, there will be no difference of procedure, and he will continue to do what he deems best for the website...

We should all just give it a rest... Like Pharoah_ said, we are investing too much time into this, we all seem like a hapless bunch of nerds with nothing better to do, probably because we are.

Level 22
The only solution to this problem is to permanently ban Dark Wizard. I see no other way. Otherwise the Hive will remain completely mod-less. Is that what you want to achieve, TDW? You want only you and Ralle to remain? Or is Ralle also just a puppet, waiting to be demoted?

Oh god, this place used to be so much fun... :(

You actually think Ralle would allow someone to use him? It won't be long before Ralle demotes TDW, and TDW becomes inactive, because he doesn't really care about the site, he's just here because Ralle needs him for the time being.

TDW is just a fad, he will fade away like all the other fads did...

But permaban him? Lol very laughable stuff Deo.

Level 25
Another demotion?

If this continues in this fashion you will be left without people able to moderate stuff, people able to contribute to the website and people at all.

I am not sure if i aprove of these methods, reconstruction is needed but this is more fit to a word called "destruction".

Demoting the last moderator of a section without naming a new one is quite questionable also.

Also why are actions taken before words?

hiveisaDIZ.jpg

Oh, I know that I won't be given explicit reasons.

Anyway, if this is the way you want it to be, and this is adressed to both YOU, TDW, AND Ralle, I will always question your decisions. There is still one contest going that I am responsible for, and as I said, the Icon section is without a moderator.
Enjoy might be an icon mod all along, but she has more important stuff to do, and I am SURE you won't make her do such a "lowly" job?

I think this is all a huge test... Ralle is picking out the appropriate successors according to their response to the situation, and demoting some on the same premise. I saw 13LackDeath's demote coming.
Of course they demoted me, because I question their authority and decisions. I told them that, yet they seemingly kept me. Ralle's "I hope your stay will be long" is rather ironical aswell, considering he only got to know me a few days ago.

Level 22
Oh, I know that I won't be given explicit reasons.

Anyway, if this is the way you want it to be, and this is adressed to both YOU, TDW, AND Ralle, I will always question your decisions. There is still one contest going that I am responsible for, and as I said, the Icon section is without a moderator.
Enjoy might be an icon mod all along, but she has more important stuff to do, and I am SURE you won't make her do such a "lowly" job?

Of course they demoted me, because I question their authority and decisions. I told them that, yet they seemingly kept me. Ralle's "I hope your stay will be long" is rather ironical aswell, considering he only got to know me a few days ago.

Not because you question their authority, because of the manner you do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.