• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ban Spree of Users... Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Somewhat correct. The problem is that now vB won't let them change their user title to anything other than "Banned".

I want to test by giving someone 2 infractions then immediately reversing them to see if this fixes the problem, but I don't want to try so I don't get yelled at.
Just try it on some inactive user from 2006.

Level 4
Hakeem said:
That would be one incident. After the flame war you would be punished. If you were warned during the flame war, but continued, then you might very well get harsher punishment.

Well, that's sort of ridiculous, especially since moderators/administrators are usually part of the flame wars, a lot. If moderators/administrators don't get warnings for doing the same things normal members do, then NOBODY should get it. Of course, this is assuming that the moderator/administrator did some actual genuine flaming, and not just arguing, which is usually fine.

Hakeem said:
It was how she used the system. It was legitimate when she did it.

Assuming she wasn't e-raging over something, and didn't warn someone just for the hell of it. A warning/infraction reset is probably wise if a lot of people have permanent infractions. Gives everyone a fresh start to the new changes.

Pyritie said:
I want to test by giving someone 2 infractions then immediately reversing them to see if this fixes the problem, but I don't want to try so I don't get yelled at.

You may try this on me, if you wish. I'm not active, nor do I ever post, so I don't care. (edit) Or what Gilles said.

Just try it on some inactive user from 2006.
I'll ask a director first, just in case.

You may try this on me, if you wish. I'm not active, nor do I ever post, so I don't care. (edit) Or what Gilles said.
You aren't one of the affected people though.

Level 14
Bartimaeus said:
If moderators/administrators don't get warnings for doing the same things normal members do, then NOBODY should get it.
I am taking every possible measure to ensure that moderators and administrators get warnings and punishment as well.
Bartimaeus said:
A warning/infraction reset is probably wise if a lot of people have permanent infractions. Gives everyone a fresh start to the new changes.
I really don't like this. A lot of users have proven time and time again that they don't deserve a new start. The last thing we need is to have to reban a couple hundred users that terrorize us, the chat, and the boards with their newfound unbanned status.

I really don't like this. A lot of users have proven time and time again that they don't deserve a new start. The last thing we need is to have to reban a couple hundred users that terrorize us, the chat, and the boards with their newfound unbanned status.

Which is why I suggested infraction reversal on a case-by-case basis.

Level 14
Pyritie said:
Which is why I suggested infraction reversal on a case-by-case basis.
I'm tired of responding to you in multiple threads, so let me refer you to the other one for my answer and further discussion of the topic.

Level 34
So, no one read my post? i am really starting to feal that i am not welcomed here...Anyway it's a bug i read it, and there is one problem you cant have attachments or sumbit resourse.
That has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Level 14
Yeah, Ralle's away for a few days, so I'm doing the most I can with my nonexistent power. Which is to say I'm guaranteeing that it'll be dealt with as soon as Ralle gets back. :p

Level 14
I will make sure that all users that have the Banned title and shouldn't will get it fixed as soon as Ralle gets back from his short getaway. Please be patient and bear with us.

Level 14
LiOneSS said:
to fix the bug, why not just remove all the infractions and never put them back :D
It wouldn't actually fix the bug. Everyone would just be stuck with the Banned title and have no infractions, then.

Level 34
I dont know all of this seems a bit harsh. Of course there are people that deserve infractions and deserve bans, but getting infractions now could lead to a quick ban.
That's the idea. ;)
The negative reputation system is changing, which will balance out the new infraction system.

Level 4
You aren't one of the affected people though.

Exactly my point. You would give me two infractions, and take them away. See what happens. However, as Gilles suggested, just do it on a member that hasn't logged on in ages/never posted.

Well, give the people who have, say...five or less a new start, and keep the people who have more than five at one. Also, I'm not saying unban everybody. I'm saying give people who have one warning/infraction a new start. Those who have two, (aka, ten), can stay banned.

Ralle, you know what... You didnt ban me all the way. Im not asking to be banned, but, they BANNED title on my profile is really making me lose my cool.

Nobody can read this thread, can they?

Level 14
Bartimaeus said:
Well, give the people who have, say...five or less a new start, and keep the people who have more than five at one. Also, I'm not saying unban everybody. I'm saying give people who have one warning/infraction a new start. Those who have two, (aka, ten), can stay banned.
We are not going to unban anyone who was previously banned, that's set in stone. We are considering cleaning the slate for users under 5 previously, but I still don't like it. If I had 1 infraction previous to this change and still had 1 after, I would understand perfectly and agree entirely with it. I think most people are just too proud for their own good and will argue every way they can, be it logical or not, in order to clean their own slate. I don't buy that in the least.

If every other staff member wants to clean the slate, then by all means. My vote is solemnly against it, though.

Level 18
wont be given out as liberally but the people who received the liberal infractions are still punished...

maybe you should stop being morons and did it right.
so it was more like 0-3infractions = 0 infraction
4-7 = 1 infraction
8-10 = 2 infractions

Just wanted to restate what I said earlier because I am right like always.

BTW: I love how the people who were punished with infractions for say calling someone stupid or such once are being punished with a perm 5 point fraction err umm 1 point fraction now. That makes no sense and this is why the system is stupid. Oh besides being pointless.

Level 4
We are not going to unban anyone who was previously banned, that's set in stone. We are considering cleaning the slate for users under 5 previously, but I still don't like it. If I had 1 infraction previous to this change and still had 1 after, I would understand perfectly and agree entirely with it. I think most people are just too proud for their own good and will argue every way they can, be it logical or not, in order to clean their own slate. I don't buy that in the least.

If every other staff member wants to clean the slate, then by all means. My vote is solemnly against it, though.

What did I just say? I said NOT to unban the banned users.

Also, saying that 1/10th of a ban = 1/2th of a ban is ridiculous. Anyone who had less than 5 should automatically get 0, because they had less than half of a ban.

Level 14
Bartimaeus said:
What did I just say? I said NOT to unban the banned users.
I was reiterating the fact, not making an argument. Please don't mistake one for the other, it's silly.
Bartimaeus said:
Also, saying that 1/10th of a ban = 1/2th of a ban is ridiculous. Anyone who had less than 5 should automatically get 0, because they had less than half of a ban.
I prefer to look at it as 'broke the rules' and 'didn't break the rules.' It's a matter of perspective how 'ridiculous' one side is compared to the other.

Level 34
I think most people are just too proud for their own good and will argue every way they can, be it logical or not, in order to clean their own slate. I don't buy that in the least.
I was the one that brought this up, and I don't have any infractions. I honestly thought it was a good idea, but as stated before, I can see your point, and am fine with it either way.

Level 14
Gilles said:
I was the one that brought this up, and I don't have any infractions. I honestly thought it was a good idea, but as stated before, I can see your point, and am fine with it either way.
I didn't know who brought it up, nor did I single anyone out. I didn't intend to offend you if you were offended in any way, shape, or form. It's just that most of the people it applies to will argue it to the ends of the earth even if they can't legitimately back it up. (See the threads in site discussion)

Level 34
Of course I'm not offended, I was merely pointing out that not everyone was "too proud for their own good and will argue every way they can, be it logical or not". And before you say it, I do realize you said "most", I was merely making a point.

Level 5
Hmmm...These infractions points that you all speak about,what is this?How do you get these points?

Quote:Originally post by Saphira,the dragon from Eragon

Live the present,remember the past and don't worried about the future.

Level 34
Dude, you just need a bunch of moderators, let them infract users for a second, unban them plus reverse their infraction points and there you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.