1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Altered Melee] Ancient Empires

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Pson, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Pson

Pson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe the combined spamming power of cakes, ragnoras and mine grab your attention:) Filesize is currently at 7,46 MB without any compression and from what people say I'm pretty sure that's a good sign.

2. BandolXD

BandolXD

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is a mod right ? Will you able to remove the mod without making Backup file of Warcraft ? [​IMG]

3. Pson

Pson

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's not a mod currently, just a map and will stay like that for quite a while. Not sure what will happen in the semi-distant future though.

4. BandolXD

BandolXD

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, it's a mod. But I still hope for a mod version c:. [​IMG]

5. lokharke

lokharke

Resources:
    Resources:
    I saw the pic of AI attacking your Ally, and saw the gold mine. Do u have any plans to use another model for Gold mine? And maybe make workers mine the gold mine? like acolyte animation? I think fingolfin can find a way. (he is v good).

6. Pson

Pson

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've actually been thinking that there's a huge lack of alternative goldmine models and it is strange. Even a simple one with a structure and a different rocky part (made using the wc3 rocks) would be refreshing.

Fin even has different gather systems that can support multiple extra resources desplayed in a multiboard, but I'll like to keep it simple in that aspect.

The undead mining style wouldn't fit very well imo, since it only supports five workers per mine and I use more, and they would anyway look strange standing symetrically around it.

One another note, I've opened a brainstorming thread on terrain for the map in the melee nation group.

7. Ragnoras

Ragnoras

Resources:
    Resources:
    how do i download the icon of the arrowhead?

EDIT!: got it

8. lokharke

lokharke

Resources:
    Resources:
    I knew fin had a way! Ok, then we just have to wait and see. No beta releases to us? Can u give me pastebin link plz? I only have like 4-5 days max with warcraft.

9. Ragnoras

Ragnoras

Resources:
    Resources:
    ASlso there's somtring wrong!!! when i play as red player! i got some cavalry and elephants at the another AI's starting base base!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

the arrows

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  10. Pson

Pson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, I'm a little inactive lately, relaxing during the few days between two short vacations. I'll come back in force soon.

@Ragnoras: Thanks for the interest and effort but even now the colors are quite far from what I requested. You could have a more experienced artist assist you in this, as I have no clue on skinning and how to achieve the right colors. Or just let it go at least for now, it's not a top priority thing.

11. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I tried the Copper Arrow to kill some time.

Attached Files:

12. SuperbAvalon

SuperbAvalon

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You know, I play Age of Mythology EE online quite a bit and this sounds just like that haha Great idea and good work. If it's anything like it, it's going to be awesome. + Rep

13. Pson

Pson

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's more like it, thanks.

It will certainly have similarities many with those, as well as AOE I & II, 0 AD and other RTS games.

What do you people think about reducing the pop cap, possibly including other changes to balance it.. the lategame is somewhat lackbuster and I think WC3's design for fewer troops is to mostly to blame, especially the 12 unit selection limit.

14. Sunreaver

Sunreaver

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Pson do u Play AOE3

15. Templassassin

Templassassin

Resources:
    Resources:
    everyone loves AoE3

16. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think that is made up for by the Ctrl groups, so it will be how fast reflexes are to press the group hotkeys.

17. Sunreaver

Sunreaver

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah I love it very much, What's your favourite race. My Favourites Races are Sioux, Indians and Spanish.

18. Templassassin

Templassassin

Resources:
    Resources:
    i like France, Iroquois, German, and Russia

19. Sunreaver

Sunreaver

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    German is a bit Imba. Haha,I love them too. But the Indians can get vey hard to defeat if they train thousands of Elephants. Camels are useless for indians.

20. Templassassin

Templassassin

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah elephants are strong... but camels can be killed by a mercenary with 1 attack only