• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

About the Contests

Level 12
[Conditional FX] - Multiple effects if conditions arise during cast

For example, a unit who is affected's HP drops 100, for every other unit with HP greater than 100 the spell runs some sub-spell effect, or completely copies itself

This probably sounds like it could get far too broad, but I think its validated by the fact that you'd need to be rather creative and think up a unique condition, not just some simple easy one like unit HP's

Perhaps if this theme were chosen, the theme points could be easily derive by the creativity of each effects and the conditions that cause them

Last edited:
Level 15
[Two Part Spell]-Make a spell that has two parts, for example a cannon spell. First part is to load a unit and the second part is to fire the unit. Another example can be say, for a pandaren brewmaster. First part will be drink ale, second part will be breath fire or something.
[Synergy Spells]-Make 2 spells that have synergy something similar to Breath of Fire+ Drunken Haze.

Level 12
Yeah, I'm starting to miss them, and I finally got a stable way to create & post maps. [May have just jinxed it...]

Level 40
Few things.

• Who said I can't judge?
  • I would just need someone to sticky threads, officially approve, etc.
  • DSG started it, and it was a collaborative effort for a while, but then Diablo-DK and Wyrmlord disappeared, DSG lost interest (or something?), and wyrmlord's posting became very sporadic, and no one new stepped up to take part.

Level 23
You're not the only one having tests. I got biology on tuesday, a 5hours examin on wednesday and a hand-in-report on thursday. But meh, we got 14 days. It should not be any problem.

And sure Poot, Ill give you a PM tomorrow^^.

Level 12
Sadly my football season ended :(

I have more time to participate, and this monday sounds much better than next monday

Level 15
YEAH! This monday is fine :)
However, got some school project and I have to go to school for 7 hours or something D:
Anyway, I wish everyone good luck for the contest!
Now I have to start planning some spell :p
EDIT: I was just looking through the Spells & Systems Mini-Contest thing and I found out Dr Super Good started the contest 0_0. Apparently, it was meant to be held once a week (lol) and the host of the mini-contest kept changing until I don't know when.

Level 12
Gahhh, gotta think up a good nature spell...

Maybe one not having to do with vines or trees? Something having more to do with a god of nature? Animals perhaps? Maybe wisps...

Ok how does this sounds(its more like nature/double edge theme)

You can cast it on ally or enemy.
If casted on ally:
-heals for some HP
-awards some armor and HP regen for a while
-25% chance to fully heal allied unit that have below 33% of HP
If casted on enemy:
-damages for some HP
-awards some negative armor and negative HP regen for a while
-25% chance to kill thargeted unit that have below 33% of HP

With some green(mby a bit of purple(if casted in enemy)) effects

How does that sounds?