• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Song of Dream Chasing

full

Important
Important
This campaign was made by Flower Fairy. She is the author of this campaign. The campaign is being posted on HiveWorkShop on her behalf with her express permission.

The campaign was originally posted here:

逐梦之歌 - 自定义战役系列地图讨论区 - 游久社区 - bbs.uuu9.com

full

A Song of Dream Chasing
A Song of Dream Chasing
This campaign follows Arthas and the undead. This campaign is comprised of 11 playable missions and 8 cinematic missions, and follows the style of the Blizzard campaign with RTS-style missions as well as RPG-style missions.

Due to the conversion tool used to convert the campaign to the standard world editor, it is recommended to play the campaign using the most recent patch.

List of Flower Fairy's Campaigns
List of Flower Fairy's Campaigns

1. The Lonely Nightstar
2. Of Crimson Tides
3. Evil Resurgent
4. A Song of Dream Chasing

Characters

full
Thrall: The warchief of the Horde. He received a warning in his dreams that Outland would inevitably sink into the sea. For the future of the orcs, he led the Horde away from their home, and planned on searching for a new place of dwelling. But this is destined to be a hard journey. Even though the young Horde warchief believes in peace, Thrall must fight for his people’s greatest interests and best living conditions.

full
Rexxar: No-one knows Aiden Perenolde’s cold-bloodedness and ruthlessness better than this elderly beastmaster. His clan, the Mok’Nathal clan, surrendered to the humans in the past war, but the current leader of the Silver Hand, Aiden Perenolde, entertained them with very cruel experiments: gas bombs, bio-transformations, mothers' love experiments, beautifying invasive histories... To this Mok'Nathal chieftain, until the humans are doomed, his inner hatred will never fade.

full
Rokhan: Ashenvale in the north is his former home. Now though, that familiar though unfamiliar homeland is a reef beaten by the waves. Even though a natural disaster has crushed the trolls, their unyielding spirit and noble toughness encourages them to survive staunchly from beginning to end. The shadow hunter still has a long way to go though. He must not only face the pressure of survival, but also harm from an old friend.

full
Cairne Bloodhoof: No-one can resist fate and no-one can avoid defeat. As the chieftain of the tauren though, Carine Bloodhoof is old, and due to his negligence, his beloved wife died in battle and his only child was captured by the centaur. He often feels anxious and worried, and the tattered current situation once had him in low spirits. The Horde's arrival was a turn for the better though. Cairne Bloodhoof sees a future. This may be able to rewrite the destiny of the tauren.

Screenshots
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full

Credits

Message from Flower Fairy (creator): This campaign takes some inspiration from Tomoraider and Sclammerz.

These are the hiveworkshop resources in use, based on the automatic credit generator:
Resources in Use by A Song of Dream Chasing | HIVE

rightfield, miseracord, will the almighty, daelin, kuhneghetz, general frank, norinrad, epion, jetfanginferno, kitabatake, callahan, splashy5, dojo, lord_t, demon boy, bloody_turds, infrenus, dickxunder, champara bros, hawkwing, assasin_lord, hanza-ru, mephestrial, quech, noypi, thrikodius, supertoinkz, cavman, sellenisko, just_spectating, rama462, proxy, -grendel, peekay, sin'dorei300, wandering soul, power, shyrony, whitedeath, jesushipster, ujimasa hojo, andrewoverload519, eubz, nightskyaurora, kimbo, whitewolf8, kangyun, reflex, horusrogue, darkholme, frlky, 67chrome, daenar7, mc !, link_iceblader, kyzerdrood32, darkfang, crazyrussian, cloudwolf, viiva, bigapple90, mr,goblin, palaslayer, inhuman89, nfwar, hellx-magnus, orthon, m0rbid, zbc, nelsonlaje, marcos DAB, heinvers, ~nightmare, solu9, edge45, murlocologist, ghostthruster, miseracord, taurer, kwaliti, takakenji, proxy, hexus, andrewoverlord519, hawkwing, joysoy, afronight_76, darkholme, kadzhamit, blizzard entertainment, evilwart-dragon, viiva, frlkY, orthon, naserkingarthas, kangyun, sxar, murlocologist, hyunrai, tranquil, princeyaser, yoshiryu, chevronseven, darklord_avalon, evilcryptlord, s4nji, orc1n, mr. bob, fingolfin, amigurumi, paladinjst, ironmaiden, deucegorgon, el'dragon, kenntaur, kellym0, herrdave, matis, chr2, lyzz_fryzz, jigrael, mad, justicebringer, blazekraze, eagle xi, mister_haudrauf, ghostthruster, remixer, zephyrius2412, plazama019, retera, scias, realistkilla, arnelbigstonepd33r, hayate, ralle,

Special Thanks

Message from Flower Fairy (creator): This campaign takes some inspiration from Tomoraider and Sclammerz.

These people helped in various ways in bringing the campaign to hiveworkshop.
Ghostwolf- YDWE conversion tool, Quinten- map description title picture, Deepstrasz- various things, Naruto- helping contact the author, Tuwnew- map template.

Change Log

SoDCv0.020- Initial Upload

SoDCv0.025- Grammar/spelling fixed based on cleavinghammer/lisboah comments

Contents

A Song of Dream Chasing (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
[/spoiler] I think things need to be planned more than be done on the fly. Many levels seem rushed. More thought should be given to map layout and gameplay design for each chapter, to be made as different as possible. In what the story is concerned...
Level 4
Is this campaign work on my 1.27 version..

Anyone Please reply so that I can download this campaign

Level 10
This one could be the best out of the 4. I like the villain Aiden Perelope. I think he bests Arthas, Sargeras and the rest of them all. Very impressive.
The difficulty is much better as well, and a bit more balanced, unlike the other 3 campaigns. However, all bases still attack you at the same time, so the main core of the problem is still there.
Enjoyable, nonetheless.

Level 23
Just saw Flower Fairy posted a full trailer of her upcoming campaign:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1st4y167tX

The music she chose for the trailer is excellent; it is hard to not be super exited about her 5th campaign.

upload_2021-2-5_18-36-13.png

" Are you insane?! ”

Also worth noting, it seems some people have made a website that automatically translates Korean/Russian/Chinese maps => ENG, even if they are protected.

Link: Exquisite

I do not know how old this news is, but this tool allows maps to seemingly be translated instantly (Disclaimer: This is based on what other people have said; I have not not tried using it myself).

Google Cloud Translation, which is the API the website uses, has improved tremendously in the past few years, and this could be the future of how maps are brought over from different communities. Really exciting stuff.

Last edited:
Level 1
Tulee can you please translate the new flower fairy custom campaign because I would like to play that campaign

Level 1
guangyingxiangsui this the to be Continued Campaign is it upload here already?

Attachments

• 1620282649700.png
    1620282649700.png
    361.3 KB · Views: 95
Level 6
I was only able to played the first couple chapters because i'm using the 1.27 patch but this campaign is still very amazing i thoroughly enjoyed the the other prequels of this campaign simply for the new spells and heroes
In other words i'll finished this reviewed after i watch peoples playthrough on Youtube

Level 1
@tulee i was waiting for your translation.....
BTW i just download the chinese ver, well.... it just can't show the subs and all chinese words damn

Level 6
The whole story so far is indeed fun and enjoyable. Gameplay is decent but in some areas, especially in Evil Resurgence, the AI goes crazy. Although the story itself doesn't really go apart from the original campaign storyline. I still like it though considering that half of the story was indeed original and was somewhat different from the original timeline. Overall, a solid 4/5 for me. I just hope that Light and Shadow's AI won't be wonky and crazy as the ones in Evil Resurgence.
-
Also in regards to Light and Shadow, when will the translated version be released? I can't wait to finally play it. :vw_wtf:
-
P.S: Much appreciation towards everyone who worked hard for this whole campaign series, and of course a round of applause for @tulee for spending considerable time to translate Flowerfairy's campaign.

Level 13
Of the four parts, this is definitely the easiest on Normal difficulty. The action that has become characteristic of the previous three parts here begins as early as chap.7 and continues up to chap.9 inclusive. Up to chap.7 and after chap.9 I can describe with the following picture:

Warcraft III Screenshot 2023.06.27 - 23.15.26.31.png

I'm not saying it's bad. I just didn't expect this and frankly I was bored.

On chap.7 the situation suddenly became very serious and with a pleasant surprise that lasted until chap.9: you have only one gold mine on the map. The rest is as usual. These are the three chapters that would turn off the casual player but these are also the three most interesting maps in this campaign. The characters have everything they need to handle this task on Normal difficulty. It will take time and it will be difficult but only until you know how to approach it in case you haven't already figured it out from the previous three parts.

On Chap.8, the main quest may not be completed if you destroy all enemy Town Halls first (so he can't produce soldiers and heroes) and then complete the optional quests in peace. In this case after clearing all the enemy's buildings exit with all your units from their territory and return back with the heroes - just walk around their bases and the quest will be completed.

In general, the campaign has a lot in common with the third part, with the difference that it is even easier.

About the series as a whole (played on 1.30)

The good:
  • well-chosen music creating an excellent atmosphere
  • interesting and challenging gameplay
  • strong characters with strong abilities + strong and interesting items capable of handling difficult situations alone BUT only when they are together
  • nice terrains, optional quests and lots to discover in almost every map
  • aggressive opponents who do not give up either quickly or easily
  • Easy difficulty for maps you think you couldn't complete on Normal difficulty
  • very easy Bosses (here it is debatable whether it should be in the "The bad" column)
  • no critical or major bugs

The bad:
  • the way the story is told, the names and mixing up names, quick dialogues, many contradictions
  • presence of inappropriate expressions such as "OK", "Mister", "My friend", etc. typical of another time and another reality
  • negative Afternotes in the 2nd and 3rd part and a missed opportunity to present them in a much better and original way
  • for me, this series is not 100% pure author's work: the original "picture" is exhibited in the galleries of the Far East, and here is shown its revised version, which is not well thought out, and what's even worse is that things are as they are with the knowledge of the author, and the possibility that he himself is the initiator of these changes is not excluded
  • the reluctance of Flower Fairy during these years to repair or allow the necessary repairs to be made excluding major and critical bugs or exhibit the original "picture" in our galleries as well

If there is a 5th part, I will not fail to show it the necessary respect. Thanks for the campaigns and the translation.

Last edited:
Level 3
...My personal problem is Ke Lunge Horde and He Xioashu(?) can't they have atleast 'placeholder' names instead of Chinese ones that are out of place cause it feels weird to have one hero called Cairne Bloodhoof and other called He Xioashu.
Most important thing: Man please change the voiceset of He Xioashu(?), attack line 'retreat' and ready line 'I'm out of mana' is straight annoying, yes I even can stand her saying she can't find anywhere to get her nails done but those 2 are so bad :D
"Ke Luge" is not Chinese, it's a transliteration, and I suspect it refers to Günther von Kluge, because in the story the "Alliance" is less reflective of war crimes than the "Horde". The author is obviously influenced by a common misconceptions in China: Germany has reflected on the crimes of WWII, but Japan has not at all.
He's line is /joke of human females in wow. I think it's one of the most horrible problems in this campaign. There's plenty of more appropriate audio available on wowhead.
  1. -what's a malda? All I found is some city in West Bengali.
A special project, codenamed Maruta, used human beings for experiments. Test subjects were gathered from the surrounding population and sometimes euphemistically referred to as "logs" (丸まる太た, maruta), used in such contexts as "How many logs fell?" This term originated as a joke on the part of the staff because the official cover story for the facility given to local authorities was that it was a lumber mill.
I'm not sure if the translator was unaware of the author's intent or if it was done deliberately. (e.g. the direct use of the word leads to certain consequences)

Last edited:
Level 2
It's a pretty solid campaign. I came across this one randomly, and decided to try it out, but haven't finished it yet due to a brutal difficulty spike that I'm still trying to work around on Hard.

I'm mainly looking at the gameplay, as I found everything else relatively well done. The terrain work is gorgeous, detailed and comprehensive, and the story is serviceable, if not for some instances of odd phrasing.

One big downside, however, is that you can't skip cinematics.

Chapter 1
The map in this mission is massive, and you really only have two objectives that don't require you to explore the map. It almost feels like Act 1 of The Founding of Durotar, where you're free to explore the map. You'll find a lot of enemy camps, some items, but it'll take a lot of time to clear it out. Solid beginning, but 12 units in total feels a bit like overkill.

Chapter 2
A nice RPG-style dungeon crawler, although the "don't kill humans" objective can lead to instances where carelessness can get you trapped.

Once you're outside of the main dungeon area, some of the creeps will really beat you down if you're not careful. I think more runes of healing can be added to the creeps, or potions of healing to allow Rexxar to keep up the fight without running back to the fountain (especially with the elder Wildkin camp). A few hidden items which are nice to find.

Chapter 3
The pig mission.

There should be cues (whether audio or visual) as to where the pigs are, as you can spend a lot of time looking. There's also the chance that you might accidentally kill one and screw yourself over.

The second half of the mission isn't really anything, you can entirely avoid the human troops by immediately running back to the ships, so there isn't really any urgency. I feel like it would be better to have some human units spawned in to prevent you from reaching the ships while a smaller trickle of units attack from behind (like in UDX01).

Chapter 4
This mission feels a lot like ORC01 in design. Another instance of the map being relatively massive, although it's not as bad to explore and you have a stronger roster of units.

It was a bit disappointing to see how small the undead base was, as I assumed it would be a smaller fortification you would have to power through for the optional quest, but a nice mission overall to set the stage for Kalimdor.

Chapter 5
This is a difficult mission to fail, as the centaur attacks are easily repelled by towers and the Tauren base can't really lose (their defensive towers regenerate enough health to keep them alive indefinitely). A nice introduction to the centaur race and as a major antagonist.

BE AWARE: If you destroy any of the centaur bases before you reach the Tauren base, you won't be able to complete the mission. Leave them alone until you have updated the main quest to destroy the centaur bases.

Chapter 6

This mission is where the difficulty ramps up significantly. Losing the support heroes makes it so that you have to rely on master Witch Doctors and healing salves, and the centaur press you hard with their Khans.

You can protect either side completely by building a few reinforced watch towers, as when the centaur units are injured, they will flee, meaning you can ignore one side while focusing on destroying the other. This is easier said than done, however massing a grunt frontline and a spearthrower backline is usually more than enough to take out the bases with demolisher support.

One of the big things here is that Cairne doesn't have Reincarnate, so you can't let him take the brunt of the assault. This is a mission where you hard focus one side and chip the bases down.

My one complaint is the boss fight at the end. Making the boss magic immune seems unintuitive, and he's loaded with enough spells that he can easily wipe your army. You're already reeling from taking out the main base, and with a 5 minute timer, it makes the mission more of a pain than anything. Making him somewhat weaker and only resistant to spells would be better.

Chapter 7
The first truly hard mission based on a technicality. The murloc units are strong, yes; however, the reason the mission is so difficult is because they attack simultaneously. The different bases will veryoften send their waves out, and suddenly you'll have to fight 3 attack waves in the beginning of the mission.

The way to beat the murloc bases is to utilize Thrall and Rokhan's incredible healing utility while building up a sizable army of spearthrowers. The two heroes can absolutely tank one or more attack waves on their own, as Thrall's healing ward will keep you alive. From there you can focus fire the Orange base (preferably with a catapult) to destroy them quickly, as the attack waves often attack your army instead of your base, and once Orange is down, it's simply a matter of destroying Dark Green and then Green.

The beginning of the mission is brutal, and there's 0 indication that the barrel beside the Voodoo Lounge contains a Tiny Great Hall. The Mur'gul "Military Governors" are a bit too powerful for standard melee units, as are the Feathered Serpents (1400 HP flying units). The murloc race seems like a stronger naga race in general, so stabilizing in the early game feels impossible unless you kite and stall with your heroes.

The boss fight at the end is similarly unenjoyable as the last one, as it's another case of "bullet sponge AoEs your army down". There's no timer, however, so it's much better than the last, and a nice nod to previously established storylines.

The attack waves either need to be trimmed, less coordinated, or upgrades reduced for the murloc teams, as the start of the mission is insanely difficult to progress.

Chapter 8
This is unfortunately where I stopped due to the difficulty. I sincerely believe that this map was balanced with whosyourdaddy on, as it's simply ridiculous.

The main issue with this mission is that you're pitted against 4 enemies with no support whatsoever. You only have 1 gold mine through the entire mission, and the enemy is loaded with level 10 heroes and full armies.

Not only does your gold mine start with 11,300 gold, capturing the outposts doesn't even give you an additional mine. The 4 other gold mines are in the Alliance base.

To add to this, Aiden Perenolde has two AoE attacks that will completely wipe your army clean when he attacks, draining your resources and making it impossible to even consider a counterattack. The only way this mission could be possible would be to distract their armies with one hero while the remaining 3 slowly chip away at the bases (which is hard because they still have defending units, 3/3 Fortification and peasants will rebuild).

To add further insult to injury, the human bases will often coordinate their attacks, beating you down with 4 giant armies in a single assault. Essentially, it feels impossible to defend, attack them head-on, or chip at their base, especially when 4 level 10 heroes are running your troops down.

I stopped playing after a 2 hour back-and-forth during this mission as I figured anything beyond would be similarly difficult (and from what it seems, yes, the mission after is the same but a naval assault on 4 bases). Aiden is too strong for his own good, able to single-handedly wipe your army, and the attack forces and units are too overwhelming to expect a single goldmine and basic orc units to contend with.

1711276624117.png
(yellow, blue and brown about to completely level my base)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ultimately, it's still a good campaign with great design. It just gets caught in the pitfall that a lot of custom campaigns do, where the later missions are balanced in such a way that it's a giant middle finger to the player, where you're expected to "figure it out" with nothing but scraps, and boss fights that ruin the enjoyment of the journey to get to them.