• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.24 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Extract this baby into your JNGP folder and it worked for me. It is actually from eccho and is what he used and fixed all errors I was receiving. Basically it seems that JNGP's most recent version is broken for some PCs like mine and gives syntax errors by default unless you extract this into it and replace some of the files.

I tried it out and it works perfectly for the new natives when compiling.

Attachments

• jasshelper+pjass.rar
    861.4 KB · Views: 120
Level 8
Finally it's officially released. I love the new natives, but...

The return bug still exists! Blizzard RUINED backwards compatability for nothing... unless they actually fix the bug in the near future. Even so, they should have waited until they had completely fixed the bug before fucking up good old maps.

Level 1
Hello I've been a long time user of the hive just for downloading maps to try them out. I saw some mention of the new patch making maps not playable anymore. I was wondering to how many maps does this apply to? I tried hosting one game on b.net and it wouldn't start, then I tried to host another game but it said it could not find the map. Then looking through the game list I had the picture of the map, whether it be the terrrain or some rather fancy looking picture, wouldn't show up. As in if I selected a normal map and then tried selecting a custom map (or most of them) the picture remained the terrain of the normal map. I'd say this happens to about 30% of the maps I have. That's a lot of maps (most, regrettably, I play very often or enjoy playing). Is this supposed to happen and did Blizzard see it happening? I don't know much about map making but it seems that the website is going to purge their spell list because of the new patch. I don't know I just want to be able to play the maps I enjoy on battle net again >.<. Just curious if I will be able to. Thanks!

Level 10
UPDATED : The 1.24c patch is out on all Battle.net servers, and fixes the Mac World Editor's syntax checker. There's no more need for the old fix; if you had previously used it, remove the extra Scripts folder you placed in your Warcraft III folder.

--------------
As was found in the beta version, the Mac World Editor is incompatible with 1.24 (in fact, it has not been updated since version 1.21) - its syntax checker does not recognize the new natives and returns syntax errors in Blizzard.j and common.j, meaning the trigger editor is completely unusable. For example, creating a fresh map, disabling the standard Melee Initialization trigger, and trying to re-enable it will return errors ("Unregistered native function").

A partial fix I've found: extract the Scripts folder from the 1.23 War3Patch.mpq and place it in the root Warcraft III Folder. If you do not have a backup, you can get that folder here: link. The World Editor will read these files for its own use, while Warcraft will continue to use the data in the patch file. This will restore it to its previous functionality.

The World Editor will be able to open maps that use the new functions in 1.24 and you will see them in the interface, but you will not be able to use them and you will not be able to compile triggers in a map that uses the new functions, because it cannot recognize the new ones.

Last edited:
Level 21
I just extracted common.j and blizzard.j and newgen worked perfectly fine. I'm using a pretty old version of jasshelper and pjass...

Is this supposed to happen and did Blizzard see it happening?
Yes and yes.

I don't know I just want to be able to play the maps I enjoy on battle net again >.<
For maps that have active developers, it will only be a matter of time. Minutes in some cases, days in other cases, it depends on how well the map was designed.
For other maps, you're screwed.

Level 9
Extract this baby into your JNGP folder and it worked for me. It is actually from eccho and is what he used and fixed all errors I was receiving. Basically it seems that JNGP's most recent version is broken for some PCs like mine and gives syntax errors by default unless you extract this into it and replace some of the files.

I tried it out and it works perfectly for the new natives when compiling.

That helped thanks, last key detail if anyone can help how do I Katanna's Fade UnitVertexColor GameCache and Handles work with the new patch natives?

Level 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard
Blizzard BNUpdate v2.133 compiled on Aug 14 2008
Log created at 7:01 pm on 08/04/2009

This patch upgrades Warcraft III The Frozen Throne from the previous version.

Registry error loading key 'Warcraft III\InstallPath'
The system cannot find the file specified.

RESULT: Patch failed
Fail

Reinstall you wc3

Level 9
Awesome, going to download it and update my game to the real 1.24 and also add Jass NewGen pack. I will do it after school, I got some free time to make up at school.

Level 12
Disabling "Reinventing the Craft" solved the test blank map problem.

But it didn't solved the main issue. I still can't properly load my map or test it. Though it didn't produce an error, the test map simply went to the wc3 main menu instead of testing the map.

Level 4
my Newgen pack 5c works perfectly fine, thank god i didnt upgrade to 5d lol,
but still some spells in my map doesnt function anymore cause of the new patch =( ah well time to redone some

Level 12
my Newgen pack 5c works perfectly fine, thank god i didnt upgrade to 5d lol,
but still some spells in my map doesnt function anymore cause of the new patch =( ah well time to redone some

Do you mind sharing 5c? I can't seem to find a place to download it except 5d, I'm dying to update my map!

EDIT* I think I found what is causing the frustration in my map. Aparently CSSafeCache does not compil correctly even if shown in JassHelper that it compiles correctly. When I removed CSSafeCache, everything worked.

Level 4
This patch was pretty gay in my oppinion =\, Because, First off.
1- Half of my maps are corrupted now, The fuck?
2- Had to reinstall Warcraft
3- I keep getting pwned in all the lobbies, where i can talk but nobody can see my messages at all, and it takes me as in the last game i joined -.-

Level 12
Yep! i guessed it... now the game can load, because I removed CSSafeCache, removed some stuff that used typecasting, and replaced everything with hashtables.

However, everything is now bugger, the hashtable natives are bugged, they do not work properly, they should really fix those natives, its crap other than the GetHAndleId, but the GetHandleID itself is bugged i think.

Level 12
Yep! i guessed it... now the game can load, because I removed CSSafeCache, removed some stuff that used typecasting, and replaced everything with hashtables.

However, everything is now bugger, the hashtable natives are bugged, they do not work properly, they should really fix those natives, its crap other than the GetHAndleId, but the GetHandleID itself is bugged i think.

All handle types share the same key namespace. For instance, if you call SavePlayerHandle followed by SaveUnitHandle, with the same keys, then the unit handle will overwrite the player handle. Even though the handle functions share the same key space, The SaveXHandle and LoadXHandle functions are type safe. For instance, calling SavePlayerHandle followed by local unit u = LoadUnitHandle will result with u initialized to null.

This could be the problem...

I replaced everything under the notion that the natives work just like attachments in CSCache... guess I was wrong...

The same handle type will not bug, because they will always return different keys, but different handle type will bug if executed in one function, i gues that's what they meant?

So ideally for every type of handle you want to create a separate hashtable?

Level 6
This function doesn't work anymore.
JASS:
function bla takes nothing returns boolean
  if true then
   if true then
    return false
   endif
  else
   call BJDebugMsg("lulz")
  endif

return true
endfunction

You have to bypass with using a local boolean in this example

JASS:
function bla takes nothing returns boolean
  local boolean omg=true

if true then
   if true then
    set omg=false
   endif
  else
   call BJDebugMsg("lulz")
  endif

return omg
endfunction

Level 2
Well, this must be so, otherwise the return bug would be there anyway:

JASS:
function H2I takes handle h returns integer
if true then
    return h
endif
return 0
endfunction

You see this is just the same as the normal H2I.

It would be interesting to know what happens here:

JASS:
function what takes handle h rerurns integer
    local boolean b = true

if b then
        return h
    endif

return 0
endfunction

Last edited:
Level 1
when i instaled and tried to go on bnet it said there was an error apliing the upgrade!

WHAT TO DO???

and PS: can i update patch without getting in wc3?

Level 19
Hmm... The new patch really did a lot of harm, but could someone post an overview on what bad things it did?

Level 7
IceFrog seems to have more information about the current situation, than any other map maker. He made a post in the DotA forums about this.
See there: http://www.playdota.com/forums/14932/1-24-questions-answered/#post196178

So the reason, why DotA 6.59d is still working on Battle.net, although it also uses the return bug, is that Blizzard made a special exception for this map. It's working in a kind of compatibility mode. Blizzard is even trying to get the current version of DotA to work in this compatibility mode.

It also seems, that there will be bugfix patches. So I guess there is no sense in trying to fix the current fatals some people get with their maps, since it will change again ...

Gee, how I love this. A lot of maps aren't working anymore and the mappers have to wait for Blizzard to fix their stuff and only DotA gets it's extra share and is still playable. Really great. How long do I have to wait, until my map is playable again? ...

For people who can't successfully use the test map feature in JassNewGenPack, uncheck "Enable Reinventing the Craft" in the Reinventing the Craft menu.

Can u explain better for stuiped persons like me? ^^ Where du I uncheck "Enable Reinventing the Craft", where is the "Reinventing the Craft menu"?

Edit: It seams that I even can't join battle.net. When I have logged in, the game crash...

VuuisYNja.jpg

Level 12
Hurray!

I fixed everything, the fatals ppl were talking about are probably because of typecasting, return bug errors, or complex stuff. The fact is 5d works fine if you do as what the thread said. The problem will be your code, you have to check thoroughly, especially spells that you downloaded from here or wc3c, most of them are totally bugged if their using return bugs or typecasting methods.

Anyways cao!!!

Am I the first to fix my map for 1.24? Oooh yeah! Highlights!
*Flashes* *Flashes* *Flashes* :cool:

Level 12
A note,

If you're having trouble with fixing the map, a reminder that most external systems do not compile correctly. What I did to check was I made a blank map, copy/pasted some systems, delete each one of them one by one to see which ones does not compile correctly (even though jasshelper reads no errors).

Unsafe:
Caster System
Timer Utils
Abuff

Safe:
XE

Level 19
I think I know why they're treating DotA so well, it's because DotA is the main reason people are even playing in Warcraft III, form what I can see, it's the truth, even if you hate it, and so do I...

Level 7
P-Exodus, its called you need to get into gear and fix your map. They will not keep the return bug working and so keeping using it will be a dead end.

I already did. I downloaded the patch from the beta server, replaced my three calls of H2I with GetHandleId, tested it and it was working. Now that the public patch is out, this is not working anymore. I get lots of crashes, which are in no way related to the usage of the return bug (which I don't use anymore).

So I figure, that Blizzard screwed up and they have to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.