• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
RED-BARONs race:
I like it, but you REALLY should fix the converter bug, it makes things way too slow, imo... The race itself is nicely built, and the jump from weakness to strength is just another thing that makes this many sided race uniqe!

But honestly, make some heroes with something more then "Goldfiner" ;D

The hero has more ability's then just goldfinger...

converter bug? You mean the transform lyumber to gold? It works now, in the uploaded map.

Some may notice some hidden references.

COuld any one suggest balance fixes needed? As the race is meant to be multitactic, which makes balancing hard.

RED_BARON, there are only 4 units that attack in your race. and the shooting guys are way to strong, also you can cast the heros ult on heros, kinda cheap, and the infernals are REALLY buff and easy to make. (when i played i made like 6 in 2 minutes and destroyed all the three teams by my self and just used the gunners to destroy the town and airunits.) the races was pretty amusing however, but easy to use.

Level 7
Ah another doing a murloc race will be intresting to see :p. I have been lazy the last 2 days but have been doing pretty much today 75% done

Level 12
Then here's some info about my race...

After the third war the minor races of Azeroth decided that they should be able to defend themselves and not run to a big race for help as soon danger comes. So they formed an alliance named Any suggestions??. Also the goblins have shown interest in the alliance and given them technolgy in order to be able to fight the other races.

I'm sorry if there are any grammar mistakes!!:hohum:

Level 12
Alright my adoring fans, I am not dead. It is my computer that had died, but fear not! I am back! And I will work to prove you all why you should be afraid of spiders.

Seriously I am back because my computer crapped out on me, so I have to catch back up on this contest. Didnt really do any work on it, although I did make a cool model! Not that it means anything significant... but it is cool. So yeah, I will be getting back to work soon.

Level 12
Alright... lets see here. I think I am gonna get creative with my towers. They were very hard to get a good idea for, so here is what I got. They are Spike traps, and are invisible. They have a spell called spikes, which is like immolation, that they can use when enemies are attacking that makes them visible, but of course now the enemies take damage. One problem, when you have immolation on, you stay visible right? Of course, these would be spike traps made by the arachnathids, which will add a ton of complications seeing as they are teir two...

Meh the spiders should be able to hold down the fort until tier two.

Level 7
LOL! I just created an imba hero called the Stalker with the a modified blackarrow ability a and a 75 lifestealing aura (only for himself) its his lvl 6spell.
He took an army of like 10footman 2 rifleman and a lvl 2 bloodmage by himself on lvl 6. Ill have to nerf him.

Level 10
Well, I thought of a way to stop the Tide's overpower, though Ill have to recunstruct the techtree cause of this :p... anyways, everyone of your ground units exept fro the necromancers and carrion carriers are constantly getting damaged, unless they stay close to your cantral building, OR a Fragment Carrier, that will be an upgrade for the Carrion Carrier. This way, an enemy can quickly destroy a whole Tide army by taking out the Fragment Carriers, and allowing the units to simply fall apart after a while...

Ps: Updated techtree coming soon!

Level 7
Lol! i have this bug that if i have used Infested bite (close combat black arrows) and i deactivate it units still spawn from units the hero kills :S. And then i meen all units in the game like if i kill a footman with Infested bite then i deactivate it ... all other units i kill during the game (with the hero) will spawn units when they die even though the ability is deactivated. Does anyone have any idea how to fix? Otherwise ill just let it be like that and nerf the units that get spawned.

Level 6
Well i decided to make a bandit/merc race has no base defense and has weak resource gathering makes up because it can pillage towns and has perm invis on units to snek into bases and get money.

Level 10
Its very annoying I mean think a little only humans got true sight on their defense which makes other races so vulnerable to your attacks... Also dust of appearance wouldn't work anyway because of limited charges and cost of it also your guys can run back and strike them again anyway.

Level 10
Undead has shades only at tier2 => useless
NE sentinel needs research and only some one charge ( or 3 i don't quite remember it ) => can be useful
Sentry Wards are as the same as undead, needs tier 2 => useless
What we get is only NE can be the counter for them :p And others will fall fast

Level 5
I'm in.

I will not reveal anything yet, but my idea is very unusual :)

Edit: I am not sure about the rules:
1: Do i have to make the town hall by editing an existing town hall? Can i make the race entirely custom.. No editing only coppying?

2: Can i edit gameplay constants?

3: Can i edit game interface?

Answer quick plz :-|

Undead has shades only at tier2 => useless
NE sentinel needs research and only some one charge ( or 3 i don't quite remember it ) => can be useful
Sentry Wards are as the same as undead, needs tier 2 => useless
What we get is only NE can be the counter for them :p And others will fall fast

you can only get the magic Sentry abil for human at tier2 => useless also.

Level 10
MR- FJ, please read the rules:
1: yes, you can do only copying... but that makes testing it harder imo...
2: It is said that gameplay constants are NOT allowed to be changed
3: This isnt included in hte ruels, so I say you're all-go until the rules have been modified :)

Level 10
>< my bad...

Anyways, Here's the edited techtree, and the changes in my race are:
- The undead soldiers of the tide now fall apart unless they are close enough to a Core, or a Fragment Carrier.
- Necropolic Avius cant summon Avians.
- Carrion Carrier can be upgraded into a Fragment Carrier, allowing nearby undead to stay alive.
- The itemshop has been added, but without any new items yet...

Thats basicly all...

Attachments

• Techtree.jpg
    Techtree.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 206
  • (6)EmeraldShoresMatykoWIP.w3x
    211.8 KB · Views: 113
Level 10
Heres the finished map of my entry ( I may add more but if nothing else is uploaded after this one then this one is my entry ). Changes are:
- Two new heroes, one is Stalker to demons and other is Ancient Sea Giant to tavern.
- Fixed some icon place bugs.
- Now you get 4 workers instead of 3 ( I noticed that warrior at start was annoying if it has been sent to rush )
- Cleaving Attack now needs an upgrade to be used. I always care any comment so feel free to post any comments or bugs !:thumbs_up:

Attachments

• (6)EmeraldShoresNoNZealot.w3x
    230.4 KB · Views: 67
Status
Not open for further replies.