• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Short Story Contest #6 - Poll

Vote for your favorite entry!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
the%20hive%20workshop.png

short%20story.png
contest.png
number.png
6.png

poll.png

Earpn.png

Survival Horror
Contestants had to write a story about an individual or a group of individuals who were dealing with supernatural phenomenons and other-worldly horrors. The story was to be written from the perspective of one of the survivors.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll.
    If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.

prizes.png

• First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
  • Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon

entries.png

Dragonson
GunSlinger21
Avator
indomitable1319
darkdeathknight
WhitePhoenix
neo child
Pharaoh_
Oziris

judges.png

• The World is Flat
  • Grey Nightmare
contest%20judging.png

Characters
How well were the characters presented? Were their motives and actions clear and logical according to their psyche? /25 Points

Pacing
Did the story flow along smoothly without any part feeling rushed or empty?/25 Points

Style
Were any of the events exciting or heart-pounding? How well was the story presented?/25 Points

Theme
Did the story fit the overall theme?/25 Points
  • 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of this public poll.

disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs.

Happy Voting! :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 49
Hmm. Never knew that rule. I guess you can disqualify me.

It's written right damn here:
You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
Reading the rules might help you. A little less egoism should be in place as well.

Level 9
My vote goes to Oziris simple because i like his story and style most, and also i am sure he is not a new-member punk kid. Congratulations Oziris, and thank you for this story, it's amazing!

P.S: WhitePhoenix it's a pity i can't vote two times, your story is absolutely great too!

Level 18
What did everybody just tell you in 10 posts? The polls don't say a thing about who's going to win. If your entry is less terrible then all the others, you might still win xD
Don't be such a pessimist, use the feedback you'll get and just have fun. Since you should know there's only 1 1st place, you should also know the latter is the most important.

Level 4
What did everybody just tell you in 10 posts? The polls don't say a thing about who's going to win. If your entry is less terrible then all the others, you might still win xD
Don't be such a pessimist, use the feedback you'll get and just have fun. Since you should know there's only 1 1st place, you should also know the latter is the most important.

I know but it seems like no one like my story. Plus some extra points instead from the judges would be good for me :wink:

Level 27
The Poll is NOT an accurate way of finding the winner.
The judges take care of that, as we've already said. :)
The poll does add a few extra points, sure, but unless the judges vote tie then it might as well not be there.

Just ignore it Neo. :)
We all did our best, and complaining is not going to get any of us anywhere.
Except maybe for some negrep if we take it too far, lol.

Level 20
Maybe because they think it's actually rather good? Don't be such a pessimist.
And seriously guys STOP THE DRAMA - The poll as already stated in near enough every other post are not that important in the final judging result, they are also highly inaccurate, most people vote by name or opening paragraphs, I bet very few bother reading them all hence why it's only 25% of the vote.

So do not panic, do not moan and most certainly do not bitch.
Peace Out.
98296d1298463637-my-little-pony-friendship-magic-over-happe.gif

Level 4
@TWIF I KNOW my story is bad. I rushed the last part and I kinda did it half asleep during my school days so it may be crappy a bit but I think the originality is in there.....somewhere.....

Level 18
If the judges say the poll is almost completely off and highly inaccurate, that means I must be in the top 10 for sure! :D

@neo: please stop trying to think of excuses why your story didn't reach it's full potential.
Frankly, I don't think anybody will vote for you because you convinced them it could be better...

Level 4
Ok fine....won't complain =.=
But just asking, when is the final results going to be posted?(I mean is there a date for it?)

Level 19
Read the rules before you post?

If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.

Besides, if someone voted on themselves with their own account the entry would just gain -1 vote. And in this case the guy didn't vote on himself with different accounts. At least, that's what I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.