• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Short Story Contest #4 Poll

Vote for your favourite entry!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Seesh. Put a public poll with J.K Rowling, Dan Brown, Terry Pratchett and Franz Kafka, then wait and see who gets more votes... ><

Level 5
Popular? You? Naaaah, but you're more known in the Hive than most of the other contestants, that you can't deny.

Level 9
Yeah, it's a lot better then The Endless War (possibly the most dime-a-dozen name I noticed here) in my opinion... Do you know if Wolfe has started his judging?

Some people just don't exactly appreciate certain styles, therefore, kafka or pratchett may not acually be 'the best' or 'better'. presentation, and readability are also extremely important. not that i dont think that kafka isnt a better writer, but theres more to acual writing than big words and theoretical nancyisim. again, not that i thnik that way abou kafka...

Level 5
Well, but the contest is about writing a good short story, not a profitable one.
Also, sadly, currently the success of a written work is based more on the publicitary campaign behind it than the quality of the work.

Level 17
Thank you for the compliment, Cth.

However, I have started my reviewing. I have covered three of the six existing entries and intend to have finished reviewing two more today. If all goes well, I will be done in a minimum of two days.

Level 9
Can't wait to see the results, I'm just so unsure about who to root for now! There are 3 really talented and devoted people competing in this contest. I hope you all do well.

Level 5
TWIF, this is not what we were discussing.
I don't even remember what were we discussing in first place...

Level 5
Thark, i can declare my oppinion on anything, reguardless if its on or off topic. do you deny me the right?
Hey, dude, relax. :/
About the stories, I like Grey's and TWIF's the most, in that order.
That "Tharkas" guy is pretty good too, but I hadn't time to completely read his story yet.

Level 17
I have removed this post due to complaints D: oh well hope u at least got my vote or somone read an oppinion :p and no im not a judge but i still like to point out when i vote why i am voting ! If that is allowed. And sorry for any provactive language

Last edited:
Level 9
Bramble, if you'd kindly stop that now...

Just wondering, can the contestants vote as well?
(I mean, not for themselves or w/e.)

Level 17
Bramble, you are not a judge. Though the authors of these stories may or may not appreciate your views, you are still not an official judge. Also, don't call people "half-witted fools". That is provocative and disrespectful.

Anyways, just to give you all a bit of a progress update, I'm nearly there. I'm just reading over the stories to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Level 9
Oh, that's interesting.. I never knew such a thing existed :D
Since Wolfe is almost done with judging, I guess we'll see some results soon enough.

Level 17
My humblest apologies, guys. Reviews will be delayed another day from me. I'm rewriting. =/

Just take solace in the fact that I have tallied the ratings and totaled them up for all six entries.

Level 17
Almost. I know, I know, you all hate me for being so slow, but school has swamped me (weekend, woohoo!). I shall be PMing Py the results tonight. I appreciate your patience, guys. ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.