• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #11 - Chimeras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Pyritie said:
I know I shouldn't keep extending it like this, but I'd like to have more than two entries.
One extension is always plenty, especially when said extension was 22 days. It's your contest so you can do what you want, but I'm a firm believer that once is enough. It'd look really dumb if you extended it again and no one else submitted.

Level 30
Half of the time you spend animating the model so is far from being finished.
lol ... the texture isn't even done yet and neither is the mesh xD
it's been a month since I even opened the file :D
ima get started on it now. Unless pyritie doesn't wat to extend the contest anymore.
edit: started new concept.
heres the mesh, 448 triangles so far.
just so you can see it in all perspectives, i uploaded the mesh in mdx format.

Attachments

• previewke.jpg
    previewke.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 208
  • checkoutthenewmeshimade.mdx
    12.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Level 30
He looks like a brown blob. Moar contract plox.
Also.. look at a wing for reference, your wings need more fingers. And the muscles are pretty funked up too :p I'd say he needs work.
Anyhoo, the model looks nice, some sort of komodo dragon thing?
--donut3.5--
The texture will be fixed after i did the animations and the finalisations.
It was supposed to be human/tiger/komodo (or any other lizard, really)
and @part of the wings, I like em. I know the texture doesn't really look good but i'm no texturer for christ's sake ...

Level 14
Are we quite done with this contest? I mean really, it's been 5 days since the contest ended and 4 days since the last post in the topic. Really, guys, this is dead. Let's go with our two submissions and get this over with, shall we?

Level 11
Agreed. The point of putting a time limit on it is completely undone if you let it last as long as possible. Then, the first few submissions are shafter because they did what worked given a shorter amount of time.

Level 25
after a problem with connected mash
so today i decided to reanimate my model and use some Blizzards animations, so here is my poor submission

attachment.php

haven't tested it much ingame
i'll do it tomorrow >.>

Attachments

• Azgathoth.jpg
    Azgathoth.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
Level 30
Status
Not open for further replies.