• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your top 5 Favorite Games and the 5 games you hate most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
#My Favourites#
#My Dislikes#
1. Warcraft III (to bad graficks)

hmm... really??? i thought everyone on this website likes Warcraft III and u have it as your #1 most disliked game.... hmm, something strange is going on!! :p

Top 5 :
1. Demons Souls
2. Dawn of War Series
3. Supreme Commander
4. Ratchet and Clank Series
5. Killer Instinct Gold!!!! (of course wc3 though :p)

Top 5 Disliked:
1. Tao Feng, Worst fighting game made
2. Dragons Lair classic (Wtf is this!)
3. Supreme Commander 2
4. Empire Earth 3
5. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (So much noob tubing, 3x worse then MW1 IMO)

Level 25
Not so bad Mojo
74_nox.jpg
Nox
It's the game of games. Why..? Well, it's simple! Wonderful game mechanics, funny and somewhat silly story, awesome characters.
Just play it, and you'll understand!
Diablo2.jpg
Diablo II
You know why.
warcraft-3-reign-of-chaos-pc.jpg
Warcraft III
Dooh..?
fable-2-cover-xbobx360.jpg
Fable
This goes for Fable 1, TLC, 2 and hopefully 3.
masseffect_box_cover_01_532x7482.jpg
Mass Effect
Admit it, you know why.
Bad Mojo
the_sims_3_15767885.jpg
Sims 2 & 3
OMG! You get all this shit if you buy this shit!

2 days later...
OMG; we can now buy Expansion Packs! There's just 13 already!
hellgate_london_cover_lancastria.jpg
Hellgate London
Biggest disappointment in a long while.
I thought this would be the new Diablo :S
spore-creature-creator-cover.jpg
Spore
A game that could've ruled the world.
But naaa, give as little freedom as possible and force in "Kid Friendly" in it...
Package_RedAlert3.jpg
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3
Same as Hellgate London, I was hyped as hell.
And what did I get? A shit load of nothing.
cod-waw.png
Call of Duty: World at War
Ooooh, yeah! Back to original CoD!
Haha, no way dude! :D

Quote Spree

No, because both require equal amounts of development effort; I'd rather have doubly-awesome singleplayer than half-assed single and multi. Not to mention I'm sure hardcore pro-gamers would rather have doubly-awesome multiplayer, etc etc etc.

I mean... Look what happened to UT3 when they tried to mix single and multi.
Words of truth..!

Well, for example in Fallout 2 you had to go throught many different towns and cities to find out the location of Vault 13, rather than just have it pointed on your map. This made the game interesting and made it seem like you were actually digging information rather than just being guided to your location. Also Fallout 1&2 had no objective markers whatsoever. You had to check your mission progress to see where you were supposed to go.

I did not just mean the compass marker. I meant markers in general, including map markers. They make the game seem too guided and remove the feeling that you're actually doing something to get further.
Words of truth, again.
This is what games lack of today, sadly.

Meh, I tend to put graphics all the way down to the bottom of the variables. There's only the slight exception where games look so terrible graphically that I couldn't possibly enjoy it, but that's mostly on the design side rather than the capabilities of the engine.

Gameplay > Storyline > Characters > Soundtrack > Length/Replayability > Community (goes for online only, I couldn't care less about the Final Fantasy community to be honest) > Strategical/Tactical elements and PvP > Is there more now? > Graphics

Which is pretty well reflected by adding Tibia, which is a 2D MMORPG from 1998, on my top 5 list. Admittedly, there is no soundtrack to it.. but hey, the gameplay is awesome, the community is awesome and the length is practically infinite (there are no boundaries, you can reach unlimited level and skill, earn unlimited amounts of gold/platinum/crystal ..) .. the storyline is neither the best nor the worst (you can pretty much choose whether or not you want to know the story, it's an Open RPG after all) and there are a bunch of interesting characters, in addition to your own and other players' of course.
Storyline > Gameplay > Characters > Length/Replayability > Community > Strategical/Tactical elements and PvP > Graphics > Soundtrack

Storyline - A game without a epic story is nothing. Only game that have managed with this, in my opinion, is Unreal.
But what the hell, when you 9-13 years old, story mean nothing.
Gameplay - Same goes here, a game with bad game mechanics is just unplayable for OBVIOUS reasons.
Characters - (Mostly Singleplayer) A game that lacks of good Main and Side characters will also fail (this reliese on Storyline).
Length/Replayability - A game with 3-4 hours gameplay is pathetic! I'm talking to you, Peter! You and your awesome Fable!
Community - Name a game that have stayed alive without a community?
I wouldn't love WC3 as much as I do without Hive/WC3C...
Strategical/Tactical elements and PvP - Strategical/Tactical is what counts for me (I could care less about PvP).
A game where you can grab a machinegun, run in to a monster crowded room and win the battle ain't for real.
Graphics - Newer games is were it counts, but that doesn't make old game "unplayable".
Soundtrack - Yes, soundtracks deeply affects the game, but it's not anything of super importance.
However, RPGs with bad sounds is... Well... Lost for words.

My list:

Storyline > Characters > Gameplay > Length/Replayability > Strategical/Tactical elements and PvP > Graphics > Soundtrack > Community.

Bad storylines or undefined characters ruin games for me.

Community? I don't give a flying shit. It's impossible for the whole community to be your classical retard/elitist. In WoW all I need is a good, small guild for 10 man raids, and in WC3 all I need is 3 or so active friends from the community.
Once again.
"Community - Name a game that have stayed alive without a community?"

Without mods, what things in Morrowind can you do that you can't in Oblivion?
Also, I never modded Morrowind, only oblivion (Making it the most realistic.. and dirtiest game ever).. How are the mods in Morrowind compared to Oblivion?

I found a mod which apparently lets you get married and play a X Minigame in bed with your partners, are a lot of morrowind mods actually as good as this? :thumbs_up:
There was a stripper somewhere...

I don't want to play it multiplayer :p That's why I love it! Really good single player rpg, my own world where there isn't any random noobs running around, like in wow.
Single Player RPG, that the fucking truth! :)
Without it, I wouldn't be a gamer!

Level 11
Not so bad Mojo
74_nox.jpg
Nox
It's the game of games. Why..? Well, it's simple! Wonderful game mechanics, funny and somewhat silly story, awesome characters.
Just play it, and you'll understand!

lol nox i totally remember that game, i had a conjurer, he was pretty BA :D, but i always got stuck fighting some boss... :p hehe

Level 23
The thing I hate about Nox is that the wizard's ending video is corrupted. The last time I tried to find it on youtube, it stopped before our copy crashed out (just after Hecubah is defeated for us, during the lightning duel for that video if I remember correctly).

I need to reinstall it some time, it was totally bitching.

TLW

TLW

Level 2
Final Fantasy Series (excluding 8)
TES Series (I'm still working my way through Oblivion however..)
Age of Empires .. Though I actually liked Age of Mythology the most.
Spellforce - Yes it has it's flaws but doesnt everything?

I would have put The Legend of Zelda down, but Twlight Princess was a massive dissapointment from my veiw as well as little new things being added to the games. Earth > Fire > Ice > Evil every single time, Link never learns how to speak (unless Ive missed a game) and rupees seem to stack up as you rarely need shops. Still a fun series but not nessesarily a great one.

*waits for ocarina of time fanboys to crucify me*

Level 6
My favourite game is Spyro: The Dragon or Warcraft II: The Dark Saga. Some Playstation game at least :D . I like old games = I like ps 1 games.
Medievil is also nice game. I've just download WC2 and medievil for emulator. God I loved playing them when I had my playstation. So if I have to put them to list:
1. Spyro
2. Warcraft 2
3. Medievil
4. Warcraft 3
5. Mario Kart Wii

I hate:
1. World's Hardest Game

Level 9
1. LoTR mods (TATW, TLD)
2. Warcraft 3
3. Counter Strike custom severs
4. Paradox Interactive games
5. M&B All of em.

list of bad games
1. Starcraft 2 (worse buy ever lacks modding completelies plox)
2. Battlefield 3 (lacks modding completely & enforces less modding)
3. All Total war games after Medieval 2 total war
4. All short & limited games (games u cant run around in (opposite of skyrim & GTA))

Level 11
Favorites

1. Metal Gear Solid 4
2. Skyrim / Morrowind
3. Heroes of Newerth
4. WoW
5. Zelda : Twilight Princess

Worst Games

1. Supreme Commander 2
2. Dungeon Siege 3
3. Disciples 3
4. Might and Magic IX
5. Stormrise

Level 11
Games that i like :
1. Warcraft 3 (There's a lot of game types!!! :D)
2. Skyrim ( I LOVE KILLING PEOPLES!!! HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!)
3. Sims Medieval (Because it's medieval! I LUV MEDIEVAL)
4. Plant versus Zombie (i like rolling wall nut)
5. Adventure Quest Worlds (Just a little because there's some fantasy medieval in it, BUT 80% OF ThE ITEMS neEDS GODDAMN REal MoNEYS!!!)
Games that i dislike :
1. Some horror games
2. Starcraft 2 (DOTA starts invading)
3. some facebook games (AWH NOOO!!! ENERGYYY!!!! U NEED!!!!)
4. DOTA 2 ( Brain Control my friends so they want to spend THEIR MONEyZ and mine on THIS!!!)
5. DOTA ( BECAUSE IT'S DOTA!!! IT MAKE MY FRIENDS TALK DOSHITS!!!)

Level 12
The Good
1. Placescape: Torment
2. The Sims (All of them)
3. Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
4. The Longest Journey
5. Fallout

Other notable mentions would also be Red Dead Redemption (Xbox), Oregon Trail, Baldur's Gate, Secret of Mana, Diablo (I and II, maybe even III), Final Fantasy IX and Neverwinter Nights.

The Bad
1. Age of Empires III. Absolute waste of time and money.
2. World of Warcraft. Blizzard dumbfucks throwing away beloved characters.
3. Final Fantasy X. Really, the only FF game I really loved was FF IX.
4. Duke Nukem Forever
5. Brink. Disappointing.

Level 25
My least favorite games
  • Dota 2(Dota is not a game its a map :p)
  • ^
  • ^
  • ^
  • ^

This is a retarded reason to hate something. If someone makes a game out of a map or idea then it is a game.
Why would you even hate something without no reason whatsoever? I wouldn't hate say, black dogs, just because black is considered a cat-color.
Shouldn't all you "I hate dota because it is a popular map"-people be happy now that the wc3-version loses popularity?

Level 11
@Joe: Yes,yes it is.
And actually i like sims 3 too, since i can create fictional story out of it. Also i would like to incinerate DOTA, because it makes my friends force me to play it, AND they will troll me if i don't play it, like whispering "SPSPSPSP" or "REPICKREPICK" a lot of time like a retard :/ i prefer playing Pocong galau map or enfo MT survival or Werewolf transylvania. Those brings lulz more...

Level 25
@Joe: Yes,yes it is.
And actually i like sims 3 too, since i can create fictional story out of it. Also i would like to incinerate DOTA, because it makes my friends force me to play it, AND they will troll me if i don't play it, like whispering "SPSPSPSP" or "REPICKREPICK" a lot of time like a retard :/ i prefer playing Pocong galau map or enfo MT survival or Werewolf transylvania. Those brings lulz more...

Hate you're friends, not the game. I wouldn't stand a minute if my friends we're behaving like morons.

Read my post "My least favorite games"
Can't I hate a game? I don't like dota2 for some reasons.
Everyone here posted their favorites and less favorite so why can't I? I'm serious on my post, I'm not making fun of Dota2.

Well, you sort of did by stating it as all 5 of your least favorite games as well as claiming it had no right to be called a game.

Level 27
Love it:

The Witcher 2 - Tops every RPG in my list. Free DLC!
DiRT 3 - Tops every racing game in my list.
Batman Arkham City - Best action adventure ever!
Minecraft - Just unique, you know it... also MODS!
Warcraft 3 - I still like fantasy better than sci-fi, and i prefer warcraft's pace and playstyle over that of sc2, i think it's more unique. Also MODS!.

Hate it:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Didn't work at my PC first because it sucked, and when i did have a good PC the graphics sucked hard and somehow everyone didn't seem to notice?

TDU 2: Somehow managed to draw alot of attention where it was not due making the picture i had of it different. I wasn't really that much of a racing game sim or anything like that.

F.E.A.R: Not THAT scary, i liked those weird trippy soldier-guys though.

Fallout 3: After having played it for a while (new vegas also) i've come the conclusion that this is just too much RPG and too little of a shooter. Plus the world is kind of stupid with that 70's shit going on and i just detest the engine overall. Should've been more like Deus Ex's mechanics, then i might've liked it.

Divinity II: Ego Draconis: I don't know what it was about this RPG, it didn't feel generic but the whole combat just seemed to be so lifeless and boring. There was not feeling of impact in the animations and the whole thing just kinda felt second-rank you know.

Level 9
My favorite games:

1)Dwarf Fortress. (its wiki)
It is no doubt most realistic game ever. Please do not argue if u haven't played if for some time. Anyway I understand guys saying that there are bad graphics and don't see how can it make game worse? For me graphics just don't matter.

2)Dungeon Keeper 1-2.
This are greate strategies with indirrect controlling. Just as it shuld be I think.

3)UFO series, Fallout 1-2 and Jagged Alliance 1-2.
This are cool tactical games with greate battle engines. E.g. HoMM battles are imho not reallistic and ugly often

4)Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 1-2.
This two games can be moddified greatly and I like this.

5)Board RPG/Straegy based games like Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic, Neverwinter Nights and etc.
This are just 2nd best rpg type - 1st is roguelikes.

Games I hate:

1)Dungeons, new Jagged Alliance, Fallout 3, Diablo 2, Skyrim, Fable 3 and every other new awful game in good old series (or awful second+ game in series).

2)Anime games.
Imho that just looks ugly and they always are primitive.

3)Sport simulators.
Why they even exist?! Why don't people just go and play real sports. I that will make them healthier at least.

4)Arcades.
I don't understand people playing them at all. Any arcade becomes borring after 15 minutes playing because nothing chnges b the time and every game is same.

5)Dota based games.
Same as sport simulators. They are just copping a borring(imho) casual map.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Batman Arkham City - Best action adventure ever!
Minecraft - Just unique, you know it... also MODS!
Warcraft 3 - I still like fantasy better than sci-fi, and i prefer warcraft's pace and playstyle over that of sc2, i think it's more unique. Also MODS!.

Agreed.

Level 36
I've never been able to stand how over-hyped the recent additions to the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series are. Oblivion, Skyrim, and Fallout 3 are all horribly unpolished and lazily designed games with very non-innovative user interfaces and gameplay styles.

I can imagine their design teams were likely very disorganized. Such ambitious titles require true artists behind the scenes, and Bethesda just doesn't have the brilliance it may have used to.

They're good, though, for second-rate games.

Level 37
Those games perhaps don't have great gameplay, but they do have interesting worlds where you can travel. It's enjoyable to travel in an interesting world than in for example Diablo 3 where you simply fight and hardly look where you travel.

For example Oblivion is really good game at everything else than the gameplay. I mean, the fighting is horrible.

Level 3
My lovely games for ever:
1. Any game in Half-Life series.
2. Sonic: Adventure DX.
3. Need for speed: Most Wanted.
4. Warcraft I, II, III, and any WOW game.
5. Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City, San Andreas.
6. Defense of the Ancients
7. Indie games with creative story, like Bastion or Machinarium.
8. Funny casual games, like Plants vs Zombies.
9. Minecraft/Terraria.
I hate:
1. Anime Games.
2. Rogue games.
3. Skyrim(only Skyrim in Edge Scroll series), cause it so boring and not interesting for me. I completed Oblivion, and I like this game.
4. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, cause it ugly and stupid game.

ndh

ndh

Level 8
My top 3 favorite games.

1: Guild Wars 2 (GW2)
In my opinion, this is, if not better, than a DAoC2 would be.

2: Warhammer Online (WAR)
Really enjoed this game, I wish they would have just made a DAoC2, but eh.

3: Dark Age of Camelot (DAoC)
Lots of great memories of playing this with my dad and brothers.

Level 5
Top 5 Best:
1-Battlefield 2 (Not Bad company)
2-Battlefield 3
3-Call of duty - Modern Warfare 2
4-Starcraft 2
5-Assasin's Creed

Top 5 Worst
1- Call of duty Modern Warfare 3 (Multiplayer Only because missions are nice)
2- Call of duty Black Ops
3- Raze's Hell (Old Xbox original Game)
4- Goldeneye (Old Xbox original Game)
5- Battlefield Bad Company 2

Status
Not open for further replies.