• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your top 5 Favorite Games and the 5 games you hate most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hmm, even I think that this list is extremely bias (nostalgic value!) but hell!

In no particular order...

Dungeon Keeper (Retro. Peter Molyneux's baby, and synonymous with excellent).

Age of Mythology, for it trumped the other 3, and trumping awesomesauce is... awesome.

Warcraft3. Nuff said :D

Abe's Odysee/Exoddus. One game; the second is just an expansion.

Age of Conan. I tell myself it was an excellent game, but in all honesty, I think it was the people I met that made it... amazing. (D: Miss you Tkit and Grendels, hope to meet you again someday, somewhere).

(Oh, SHIT! Oblivion isn't there. Oh well, top 5 is taken! Incidently; Oblivion > Morrowind, and I love both, so don't call me a hater!)

Hatelist:

Age of Empires 3. Come on, seriously? You produce Age of Mythology then take 10 steps back and make AoE3. No, thank you.

Maximo. Some failtastic game on PS2 that had you pay in-game money to save. The bad part is, saving up enough to save was extremely difficult, and meant you couldn't buy other shit. Basically, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Harry Potter games made by EA. Because Bullfrog was pwnt by EA and alot of the staff were transferred from Bullfrog games (e.g, Dungeon Keeper 3, Black and White/Populos sequels, others) to Harry Potter and the Chamber of secrets or somethingarather. Yes, I know, it isn't down to gameplay, simply my hate of the company and the sorrow the title brings.

Hmm, thats about it, really. Wait. Cock of Doody!

Level 7
Well i would have to say. If oblivion got a multi player patch on it.......I WOULD BE ALL OVER THAT SHIT! Its already one of my favorites. So adding multi would just be icing on the cake!

Level 11
Favorite video game series

Mine would have to be probably Might & Magic 1-8 , or maybe Ratchet and clank.... wait, it has to be Elder Scrolls! hmm... Diablo series? idk, but whatever it is its very good, :D hehe

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Final Fantasy Series.

This should go in one of the gaming boards.

- Mario Series
- Final Fantasy Series
- The Elder Scroll Series
- Warcraft Series (Excluding WoW)
- Starcraft Series
- Diablo Series
- Halo Series
- Sonic Series
- Zelda Series
- Nethack Series
- Spelunky Series
- Neverwinter Nights Series
- Dungeons and Dragons Series
- Crash Bandicoot Series
- Command & Conquer Series
- Worms Series
- Notepad Series
- Ratchet Series

PS: They'r all so good ^^

Level 11
lol what about Dungeon Siege Series, and maybe Warlords battlecry... but mine would have to be Might and Magic Series or Lands of Lore... both very good RPG series, though they are very old, but fun :D hehe

Level 11
Wow i remember Disciples series, though there were only 2 of them, they were very fun... very old... but the old games are still a lot better then most newer games :D hehe

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

True. A new one is coming out, but according to reviews It's a big disappointment. Changed ownership xD

Level 11
ooo ya, the unreal series is up there too... except i only played the pc versions like a couple of times... but the console versions are still pretty fun :D hehe

Level 11
i dont remember that much.... but for my genres:

RPG : Might and Magic Series (Not Heroes of Might & Magic) : 5-8
RTS : Dawn of War
Action : God of War or Ratchet and Clank
FPS : Unreal Series
3rd Person Shooter : Gears of War
Scary : Doom Series
Free Games : Savage Series
Sports : Gran Turismo series (isnt that a sport :p)
Extreme Sports : SSX series

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I will have to go with Final Fantasy. Stories which make you think. Action that makes you excidet. And combat which allows you to say "your dead" to final bosses before who you have attached a real hatred to. On top of that usually the games are very easy and light going to do (FF9 not the case).

Mario has too many games, most which I never played and his platforming is boring.

Legend of Zelda has very good games but they are annoyingly rare. They also have annoying bits in them to stop people easy 100%ing them which I hate. They are also very illogical at times (why is link just standing there, you have a sward, use it!).

Sonic has very good games, challenging final fantasy but is very skill dependant (im not too good at sonic games) and went through a bad slump (2006 AAAAAAHHHH), one thing final fantasy never did (although its start was a bit poor).

Spyro the dragon, well its on the list cause its one of gammings few reptile like heroes who survived to still be vaguly known and the first 3 games were very good for the time. All games after the first 3 were pretty poor and although I played most of them, its not something I will probably ever replay (next to the first 3 which I have done so a few times).

LEGO, not just a bunch of bricks that kids play with. It is an entire game series, with a lot of the modern titles being very good. Yes they are all pretty simlar, but they are different enough to be fun. Just admit it, you always wanted to be darth-vada and have yoda fighting by your side. You always wanted to be indiana jones and have another indiana jones fighting by your side. You always wanted to be batman and receive help from the joker at the same time. I have a feeling even harrypotter will suddenly be cool once it is in lego form.

Thus I award runner up to LEGO, who without I would never have known batman and robbin are completly invincible when aiming their bat-erangs unless you blow them up. They even deflect fire from a heleicopter gunship back at itself, how cool is that?

Level 11
I could see why a lot of people would like final fantasy, but i just hate the whole turn based combat system in it, and the whole running around and something out of no where just starts fighting with you, but the storyline of them games are highly original... but i just dislike the turn based action.... :p hehe

Level 11
Well if they do make another disciples series... i hope they keep it the same gameplay.... cause, it was amazing seeing ur heroes and men progress... my favorite race were probably the Legion of the Damned because their people were so strong!

Level 11
WTH.... are u serious.... well there goes that series :( clan and damned were my favorite races, how did you find out about this stuff???

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Well, Joe-Black is incorrect. The Elves were made in the expansion pack: Rise of The Elves and it didn't replace anything and was still made by the same author.

Level 11
How do u guys know all this?!?!?? i thought that company died years ago... this is all new to me... if your right... could u tell me where i could find this??? :p hehe

Level 11
Akalla and .dot took it over... i never even heard of those b4..... :(... and the new party system is like 20 people... from 6... and the battlefield is like 4 times larger... i have a feeling its gonna be too much like Heroes of Might and Magic... ='(

Level 11
lol this thread went straight too disciples :p hehe but anyway man... its just the music, the theme, everything about the old disciples were original and one of a kind... now this new one just looks like another Heroes of might and magic.. anyway, probably not gonna get it ne more :( unless it turns out to have some original stuff to it. but hey u never know what could happen :D hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.