• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

You ask, we'll answer!

Level 10
You are right :D
Here is new, totaly mine no copy :D, what do you think thyrael?
1. By the way make better 2h stand animation, he look like a jelly.
2. You creating animations whit 3ds max? if yes, are you using IK salvotion?

Attachments

• HumanNew.JPG
    HumanNew.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Level 11
Plz, plz don't start a flame war about grammar in this thread. But Oohforf is right. Everybody makes a mistake sometimes.

@Manoo, what doess "IK salvotion" mean? But yes I use 3ds max 5.x + art tools for animating and exporting.
About the thing with the 2h animation. First I don't agree, that it does look bad:wink: But the whole animations have to be recreated due to the fact of the split in different parts of the body.

Level 10
Thyreal you need on some of attack animations more mechanically, emotion (or how it call in english i don't know). On some of animations he move like robot. Try to watch other rpgs or models to learn add emotions to model, best way to watch wow animations or wc3. I learned a lot animating secrets from wow :D. I working whit milkshape to animate (i know It's not a good program for animating) ,but even whit this program possible make amazing animations, so imagine how could animations look on 3dsmax.

Level 11
@Manoo, Thanks for your suggestion. Even I don't agree with you about the look of the animations, I can tell you, that the complete animationsets have to be redone. Since I decided to split the hero model into 5 different parts, I have to reanimate it. And I think you cann live with the result:grin:

Level 1
well i know how to make maps triggers and custom units and stuff but i dont know how to make skins or models can som1 teach me i teaching some people of how to make attachments attach to the right spot but i dont know how to make any attachment model or skin please help

Level 11
@GoatWalker z, I think you posted in the wrong section. This thread is only for questions regarding Darkwind RPG. I you are looking for tutorials you should take a look in the tutorial section. Or if you want to request something the request area is your best choice.

Level 1
i just saw the gameplay preview.... all i got to say is WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW that's so awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee definetely going to be the best wc3 mod ever

Level 11
The closed Beta hasn't started yet. It will be announced here @ the hive via a thread. There you'll be able to leave a post, if you are interested in joining in. Detailed information about the requirements will be posted in that recruitment thread as well.

Greetings
Thy

Level 11
How is this project going... it seems dead :'( PS. Thyrael can i have your sig? for support, and if you want maybe i can ask my friend to do a better sig if you want ;)

Nah, DW isn't dead. but I decided that it makes no sense to bring out a singleplayer version first, when the real thing will be multiplayer. Because of that I'm rewriting the scripts to mp. Most of them are done.

Of course there is always a "better" sig :) but I like mine. You can tell your friend, if he wants he can create a Sig. And if I like his more, I will use it and credit him.

Greetings
Thy

Level 13
He would be glad to help you, I know ;)
But with giving out a MP Version that means that would be half of models normal wc3s? :& :& Anyway just pls try to keep that terraining(environment models) ;) and about sig he can make things invisible, i mean something like that black on your sig, that can be invisible too. I will say him someideas and he will do 2-3 types ;)

Level 11
Right now the demo map is around 13mb. But almost every model and texture in it hasn't been compressed/optimized yet. That means after that the current map would be around ~4mb. That leaves around 4mb to me for icons, armortextures and monstermodels + attachments.

Level 21
Nah, DW isn't dead. but I decided that it makes no sense to bring out a singleplayer version first, when the real thing will be multiplayer. Because of that I'm rewriting the scripts to mp. Most of them are done.

Of course there is always a "better" sig :) but I like mine. You can tell your friend, if he wants he can create a Sig. And if I like his more, I will use it and credit him.

Greetings
Thy

So you're saying that to play your map I have to play with a few fuckheads?

Level 11
So you're saying that to play your map I have to play with a few fuckheads?

You'll be able to play the MP version solo as well.

To the public:

During the process of rewriting the systems for the multiplayer demo I encountered some serious problems.

I can say, that the complete part regarding the fullscreenmenus works perfectly for multiplayer!

Even the actionbar and the hud (both based on dgui) update and display properly for multiplayer.

But some how the control part, means arrow and click movement + animation adjustment is messed up right now. It smells like somewhere a desynch appeared. Before I haven't figured out that issue, the progress will stop. So press your thumbs that I'll find it fast.

Greetings
Thy

EDIT: I was able to locate the issues and now the controls work like a charm. So lets keep moving, the closed Beta is near!

Last edited:
Level 21
You'll be able to play the MP version solo as well.

To the public:

During the process of rewriting the systems for the multiplayer demo I encountered some serious problems.

I can say, that the complete part regarding the fullscreenmenus works perfectly for multiplayer!

Even the actionbar and the hud (both based on dgui) update and display properly for multiplayer.

But some how the control part, means arrow and click movement + animation adjustment is messed up right now. It smells like somewhere a desynch appeared. Before I haven't figured out that issue, the progress will stop. So press your thumbs that I'll find it fast.

Greetings
Thy

EDIT: I was able to locate the issues and now the controls work like a charm. So lets keep moving, the closed Beta is near!

You know, I'd be more than happy to test in multiplayer with you. :D

Level 11
For all of you that want to be part of the betatesting team:

I just opend the recruitment thread. Please read the rules and leave a post with the required information.

Greetings
Thy

EDIT: 555th post muahaha

Level 10
Thyreal i have good idea to make, fighting in your map more amazing, try to make animations evade and hited, i tried it and it's look fantastic. I heard you going to create MP, i think whit your terraining it's impposobile, you use to much daddons and it's will couse insane lag believe me and arrow keys may delay on MP. Try to make you inventory and spell bar more optimazer size. And for spell bar i recomend you create spell book whit spell (example Q, W, R, T) and then you use, it will activate that slot spell. I hope you understand what i mean :/

I don't know how you will make dgui for MP, but i'm sure if you use for every player different ~10 moving units (Spell slots), for 12 players it will be 120 moving units every ~0.01 second, and it will couse big lag, try to use get local.

Level 11
I tested the current build myself playing multiplayer with 2 clients on my pc. Both had a fps of ~55-60 which is maximum in wc3. I never said, DW will be for 12 players, and how do you come to the conclusion I would make a such a noob mistake and have a complex function running every 0.01s !? Don't get me wrong, but without having seen the code, or the game itself, you can't say something serious about it. Spellbook is a bad idea, cause you wll have a lot of customspells that take up mapspce. Further it would only allow 11 spells, instead of 12. And it won't be customizable (choosing where your skill shall be placed).

Nevertheless thanks for your suggestion/feedback.

Greetings
Thy

Level 10
Thyreal i know how works dgui and go he lags, i saw code from russian guy who created dgui even my friend created same spell bar as u, and then he created it for just 6 player it's lags as hell so he decided to make get local move. My idea whit spellbook, i think you didin't get it. I meant you only need to create 11 spells (Whit hotkeys and Icons Q,W,E,R,T,Y,U,I,O,P...) for example if you use Q spell it will activate your first spell in spell bar.

Level 11
My DGUI doesn't lag... I had 2 clients running on the same pc at the very same time, playing a 2 player game of the current build against/with myself in my own LAN game. No lag, for non of both.

Having a spellbook open all the time, to have the actionbar working, will provide me from using the standard wc3 area(right bottom)for special thinks like stealth, switch between ranged/melee combat etc.

Level 11
If you mean by "U use get local on dgui?" if I use GetLocalPlayer() ? Yes I do, to make elements only visible for one player. But it doesn't desynch, tested deeply.

By switching between ranged and melee combat style, the attack icon will be replaced.

Level 3
3 Questions.

1: May I join your team? I've made a few maps of my own, altough never uploaded any, and lovemaking unqiue maps. I'm also good with terrain, so I could do the terrain for you if you like!

2: CAN WE PLAY YET!? lol, it just looks SOOOOOO cool, and very different!

3: How will saving work? Will I be forced to type in -load fbhg^&Fn8fBgf9fHG85 Every time I want to load my CHAR???

edit: Omg, I just noticed this is a year old... I hope its not dead D:

Last edited: