• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Is Warcraft going to hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Windows gets bitchier and slower years after years. Format everything and your pc would be brand new again.

I am not going to delete everything on my computer because I got so much important softwares etc.
This computer doesn't fill my requirements anymore as a game computer(Bought it almost just for school work).
I prefer Windows Vista because it fits my needs and looks nice(I don't want to start a discussion about Vista).

Level 15
We're straying slightly off-topic here... But the discussion about a computer brings up an interesting point. Is it possible that people with terrible computers will stay back with Warcraft III?

Level 15
Let's face it: if you have a mac or any processor other than Windows, you shouldn't be on this website. Period. The only gaming processors out there are Windows, so yeah.

Level 7
Uh, Windows processors. Interesting.
Redmarine, Deadnerzhul, mind thinking a bit wider, please. Ever heard of developing countries? Or low developed countires? Heck, of poor people in YOUR country? And specifically to redmarine - Your post was extremely ignorant.

Level 8
I)eadnerzhul, that would be silly... Maybe if they were stubborn.
Anyways who doesn't have a computer which can't handle games that are better than half-life 2?
Probably all Linux users will get mad because the game won't be available for them.
This is too retarded for me to comment on. You should edit your post... FAST.

I live in a developing country and my pc doesn't suck.

Last edited:
Level 15
Most games that I play are developed by an American company, or atleast have the illusion of it since they are released here first. I wasn't around Warcraft III when it was first released... I wouldn't know if it was released here first or not, or if it has support for Linux. I'm just saying that a Microsoft compatible computer is better for gaming, since a Mac is (I think so, atleast) hard to adjust and add processors and video/graphic cards. I've seen a video on Youtube before about someone's homemade "Mac vs. PC." movie, where the mac was loading pictures and stuff, and the computer said he could do it too. Then the mac asked what he's good at, and the PC said... "Well, not much, but what I'm really good at is... GAMES!" And then the PC put on Gears of War armor and blew the Mac away with his Lancer.

Level 19
Linux doesn't have DirectX :ugly: But they'll figure out a solution for Linux users who want to play Starcraft II.
Instead of PC vs Mac now it is PC vs Mac vs Linux. They all got their strong sides.
PC - All software and games completable.
Mac - good at graphic designs etc and is virus free.
Linux - good at programing and stuff.
(I probably missed something)
So you are pretty well equipped if you got them all.

Level 8
Multiple OS on one computer FTW.
Linux - Good for working and more control on what the OS is doing but there are also a lot of different versions since it's open source.

Level 15
You guys are outsmarting me. Frostwhisper won his bet with god... AGAIN... /sigh. I only know that DirectX is the special program that works with the graphics cards on Windows OSes. That's it. I don't do Mac.

Level 19
I don't know if all these features in Vista and XP creates problems. I'm just asking. And I didn't say that you couldn't implement the features of Windows into Linux either.
They'll figure out a way to make Starcraft II playable on Linux too.

Level 15
We shall find out... tune in next time, when Blizzard decides to release Starcraft II! (Which will be late, since they ALWAYS push off the release date. It's like a love/hate thing, really....)

Level 8
I don't know if all these features in Vista and XP creates problems. I'm just asking. And I didn't say that you couldn't implement the features of Windows into Linux either.
They'll figure out a way to make Starcraft II playable on Linux too.

Windows still sucked even before that.

Windows ME, Windows 98 etc...

Level 15
Windows still sucked even before that.

Windows ME, Windows 98 etc...

Windows Vista brings down your computer's processing speed, or so they say. Windows XP is the best Windows OS available. All the older Windows, however, sucked terribly.

Off-topic: My dad used to work with IBM, and he told me that Gates copied IBM's OS, then renamed it to Windows and started his own company, Microsoft. Any confirmations?

Level 3
WC3 will live damnit!

I think most people will go to SC2 for a while but quite a lot will come back because people will miss the awesome spells and heros. Not sure if SC2 will have heros and spells. I found the first SC to be boring all you did was shoot bullets, lasers and rockets at each other with a few cool ships and stuff... fairly boring to compared to warcraft and all its magic and stuff.

Level 15
You my friend, have written the LONGEST run-on. And in addition to this, it seems as if you've ignored the ENTIRE THREAD. Starcraft II WILL have heros and inventories, and infact it will have even MORE spells and abilities than in Warcraft III. And if you think it's going to be BORING, then you, my friend, could kiss my shiny-white ass. ALL Blizzard games are fun to a certain extent, even World of Warcraft.

Level 19
You my friend, have written the LONGEST run-on. And in addition to this, it seems as if you've ignored the ENTIRE THREAD. Starcraft II WILL have heros and inventories, and infact it will have even MORE spells and abilities than in Warcraft III. And if you think it's going to be BORING, then you, my friend, could kiss my shiny-white ass. ALL Blizzard games are fun to a certain extent, even World of Warcraft.

QFT! But I ain't going to kiss your ass.
The Scum Editor will have more features than World Editor has because Blizzard has figured out that map makers can do some pretty cool stuff if they got the tools.

Level 12
if SC II wouldn't have heroes some people would still prefer War3 when playing custom maps. But if SCII has a much better editor and you can do alot of fun things with it then i dunno. Maybe they will be equal, remind you that SCII only has better graphics than warcraft 3

How long have you lived under a shell? SCII is better in everyway, game mechanics are better, gameplay is better, graphics are better, better engine, better frame rates, realism is better, special effects are better, battle.net is better, more features, and much much MORE. I'm assuming you don't knwo much about SCII, just someone who assumes theres only 1-2 differences

Level 19
How long have you lived under a shell? SCII is better in everyway, game mechanics are better, gameplay is better, graphics are better, better engine, better frame rates, realism is better, special effects are better, battle.net is better, more features, and much much MORE. I'm assuming you don't knwo much about SCII, just someone who assumes theres only 1-2 differences

Blizzard Entertainment has learned to add rich content to their games. They won't dissapoint us. Don't worry guys.

I agree on this one! They've already added a lot mroe content and features into the Game.

Level 17
Funny how people think they know everything about the game from the SC2 site. We have no idea how SC2 will turn out. Take Crysis for example. It was one of the most anticipated games of the year, the ingame screenshots and gameplay movies were awesome then they finally released it and it turned out to be a boring tech-game with a repetative singleplayer and dull multiplayer.
Don't fanboy over conjectures.
Also, warcraft won't go to hell. I'm pretty sure Blizzard is going to accounce working on Wc4 in the near future.

Level 34
You also forgot the fact that they are two very different games. Better gameplay? That's definitely opinion, and opinion based on videos and sc:bw. Is it better in every way? Some like medieval fantasy. You also have no idea that battle.net is better. It may sound better, but it could be buggy when it comes out, we don't know.

Level 9
L0w_kwaliti already found a press release/interview where a Blizz developer stated that they were working on a new WC game. So there definetly will be one, the only question is when it will be set in, before wc3/after wow, etc.

Seriosly no shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.