• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW2: World in Flames [REVISED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Damn I'm missing out on this because of exams, but heck, I'll try to help you guys make the map more well known after my exams when it's officially released:)

Level 19
Hehe, just a little question Fin, I hope you wouldn't mind...
Would there be a way players would be able to shoot down those major bombs/missiles like cruise missiles etc.?

PS: And recycle them to be reused by the country which finds it, even if that country cannot produce the bomb/missile?

Thanks!

Level 8
Hehe, just a little question Fin, I hope you wouldn't mind...
Would there be a way players would be able to shoot down those major bombs/missiles like cruise missiles etc.?

PS: And recycle them to be reused by the country which finds it, even if that country cannot produce the bomb/missile?

Thanks!

Physically impossible. Horrible idea.

Level 9
You got that HE-111 model done? It's kinda awkward to use the B-17 as Germany :/

EDIT: Btw, did you decided if Italy will have its own armor or not?

Dunno if i mentioned, but Vuorma found a few flags on the optimizer that reduced the maps size by another 400kb. So yeah, we can propably have room for both italian armor and chinese infantry.

@Empire_Jackal: Some shores are sharp due to how water pathing behaves with the small units we use. If the shore is too long, units will be able to travel a long way under water before they reach the water pathing (at least enough to be covered far over their heads).

Level 2
Dunno if i mentioned, but Vuorma found a few flags on the optimizer that reduced the maps size by another 400kb. So yeah, we can propably have room for both italian armor and chinese infantry.

@Empire_Jackal: Some shores are sharp due to how water pathing behaves with the small units we use. If the shore is too long, units will be able to travel a long way under water before they reach the water pathing (at least enough to be covered far over their heads).

I love you!!!!:ogre_love:

Level 9
That reminds me of paratroopers. I know we've already discussed this, but can you consider adding them? :p

All countries will share some researches that improves units' stats, like damage, armor, speed, etc, right?

Level 7
There is on thing that u should look into. When i played this 2 days ago with some friends a Heavy bomber bugg so it never stopped dropping bombs, and you couldnt controll it. Started to lagg alot, and the plane just flue around and destroyed everything.

Edit: are there anyone hosting this on Europe? i really want to play but i cant find anyone hosting it.

Last edited:
I'm up to play it if someone wants to host it too, just join up here and decide a time! For some reason i can't host on wc3 right now, might be something about my ports.

Anyways, that bug sounds pretty serious, dunno how it could have occured.. it might be related to the airplane freezing bug though; bombs work in the way that i start a timer once the plane is about to start dropping, and every drop, i increase a value in the planes associated struct. What happens in the freezing bug though is that the plane looses reference to it's struct somehow, which would technically mean that this integer could no longer be accessed...

Anyways, thanks for letting me know, we will continue hunting down theese bugs as good as we can!

Level 19
The UI training que is glitched, it's cut off with 6.5 training slots instead of 7. The icons on the left side of the screen are unprofessional, the planes are damn-near useless... this game is quite buggy. I was disappointed when I tried to bomb my enemy's units only to find that none of them were hurt or killed. Please make anti-infantry planes, as well. And make them work.

Level 12
The UI training que is glitched, it's cut off with 6.5 training slots instead of 7. The icons on the left side of the screen are unprofessional, the planes are damn-near useless... this game is quite buggy. I was disappointed when I tried to bomb my enemy's units only to find that none of them were hurt or killed. Please make anti-infantry planes, as well. And make them work.

We know of the UI training que and we plan to make real icons for the "heroes".

If theres bugs other than the airplane system messing up sometimes, please tell. Heavy bombers works perfectly against infantry.

Thanks, and keep in mind that this is a beta.

Level 2
I just was just playing the game when i found a strange bug...
My friend was playing the soviet union. When we looked at the multibord he had 1750 oil income but ingame he got 5000 every turn. he only had like 4 refineries so it was very strange.

There already are such advantages. You can find stats on http://worldinflames.se/units.php.

German tanks have more hit points and damage but less speed and high production/upkeep cost, while russian tanks are fast, cheap, and harder to penetrate (through the armor penetration system used with piercing shots) although they have less hit points and damage. American/british tanks are cheap and have very low upkeep, while japanese tanks are crap overal. ;)

Level 8
Two seconds ago you wanted to nerf the chinese?
China has the cheapest and most fast produced infantry (even more so than the russians) so that should solve itself.

Frankly i have not understood anything you guys have been trying to say the last five posts or so

I was saying that China should only have 40% of Japan's income, as China occupied about 40% of Japan's forces during the war.

Level 12
You guys once talked about the option to choose only one of the theatres (European or Asian). When will that be possible?

Could probably get that into 1.2 as well, thanks for the reminder :)

But we plan to make it exclusive to the european theather though as the asian theater alone isn't well balanced. (China, UK, USA, Soviet all allies vs poor axis Japan)

Level 9
Fingo didn't you said before about certain bonuses to countries? For example: Japan with a buff for naval units, UK with a buff for air units... I guess it was something like that.

I was reading a certain article suggested by someone in the website, about tanks, and I end up reading that the Japanese made out with some interesting researches about armor. For example, they were pioneers in developing amphibious tanks. Perhaps there could be a little research to improve Japanese armor, since it really sucks...

Level 8
Fingo didn't you said before about certain bonuses to countries? For example: Japan with a buff for naval units, UK with a buff for air units... I guess it was something like that.

I was reading a certain article suggested by someone in the website, about tanks, and I end up reading that the Japanese made out with some interesting researches about armor. For example, they were pioneers in developing amphibious tanks. Perhaps there could be a little research to improve Japanese armor, since it really sucks...

Japanese armor was inherently bad though. Despite having some amphibious AFVs, which were pretty useless anyway because Japan was on the defensive for most of the war, most of their kit was substandard.

I was playing with the thought of having amphibious tanks for a while, but it is very hard to implement since you can't limit the distance a unit can travel in water (theese kind of tanks would only travel short distances in the water, and could not travel on open sea).
Also, balance-wise, japan is very strong in many other fields such as navy, infantry (with the help of an officer) and a very decent airforce, so the lousy tanks was just a drawback intended to even this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.