• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW2: World in Flames [REVISED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Yes, i have planned for them to have the betty bomber.

*Yeah, we have discussed the ability of giving japanese planes a certain chance of crashing into enemies upon death, although we could technically add it as an ability whichever seems best.

I also just finished the ME bf 109 fighter for the germans:

file.php

file.php

See the devlog post here.

@Miss_Foxy: I use a spinning plane with the same texture as the gyrocopter use, a kind of white blurred texture that looks like a spinning propeller. In the animation where it is standing on the ground with it's gears out, i simply hide it and show a still propeller instead.

@Hugomath: Well, i just thought it was the most standard coloring of early-war BF's, just check out theese links:

link 1, link 2, link 3, link 4

If you have any other suggestions, feel free to link O_O

Level 9
I've never seen BF's on that color before, but anyway, it depends a lot of the theater they are fighting (North Africa, Eastern Front or Western Front).

One more thing: Does units (aside from Soviets) get affected by the "Russian winter" when entering Soviet Union?

Level 12
I've never seen BF's on that color before, but anyway, it depends a lot of the theater they are fighting (North Africa, Eastern Front or Western Front).

One more thing: Does units (aside from Soviets) get affected by the "Russian winter" when entering Soviet Union?

No, it's not winter all the year around. And we don't have any such season effects.

Level 9
Well indeed Miss_Foxy. During Battle of Britain, the British did so with crashed German airplanes. But it sounds a little complicated to manage, imo.

For the reason Hugomath stated. Besides, if we would trigger all tanks to not really die, but just remain as a wreck, the map would quickly be cluttered by dead tanks, and it would be a pain to have them, for instance, blocking a bridge or other chokepoint and most of all: we don't want for instance allied players to have axis vehicles since that confuses the players (since we don't have teamcolor)
Again i think you are missing the scope of this map just a little, this would be really sweet to have in a Mow (where i assume you saw it before) or CoH type map, but not in this.

But anyways, @Vuorma and Hugomath, i DO think that winter effects are a great idea, actually i discussed it with a friend today (who is really interrested in the map btw) and it is ofcourse VERY possible to add/remove the effect or adjust it's strength depending on season. Tha tihing that got me confused though is the whole issue of Russian winter vs Finnish winter, it would be strange if the finns were unused to the Russian winter, while the russians were unused to the Finnish winter! Having one nation being immune to winter effects is really simple, you just make the buff dummy unit belong to the player that is immune and make the targets allowed of the aura to be "enemy, ally", but not "friend". However, with more units it gets harder, and perhaps the best suloution is to make al players equally affected. :S

@Hugomath: I was planning to do that at first, but from seeing them in-game it seems like they don't need them, it looks great anyways.

@88WaRCraft3: Nice seeing you again!
You can allways check out the website devlog to see all the new models!

@Miss_Foxy: I think he is trying to say that you might aswell have your own thread, since you write so much. We have 1728 posts in this thread, and i'd say 50% are yours. :p

Anyways, your suggestion seems very nice, but i persist in that this map is too large for it, and at the same time too small - there are too many tanks in action at once, but, there is also not enough space to fill with piles of scrap.

Level 3
I would like to offer to add model of tank IS-2 in your project. Geometry, animations author's. Textures are taken from game " Men of War ". The author of model Wulfrein
4491_1.gif

Level 12
Yea, that's from -removed link- I believe which Fin is pretty aware of and we've seen that model before. However, if we're gonna add more units to Soviet I don't think it would be one that looks almost the same as one of their others (T34).

And Miss_Foxy, your postcount aint that damn important you know. If you're just gonna spam, do it elsewhere.

Last edited:
Level 9
Just a quick note, that I thought it could be interesting. The IS-2 (the tank that was shown in that post) was actually based on the KV-1, although it looks like the T-34.

On topic: Read what Vuormalainen said...

Yep, KV-1 is the one I always wanted in. But however we should not consider doing more land units for the european theater right now anyway.

Thanks Delorin. :)
Good job VTZ :p

Btw what about the Italian armor you guys talked about?

@Falafelkorv: Miss_Foxy never cares about what we say anyways, she just posts for no other reason than to post, regardless of wether there is something to say. -.-'

@Hugomath: Vuorma wanted to do the italian medium tank, so i promised him not to work on it. :p
I will propably get the light version up whenever we are done with the other ton of stuff we have to make. Right now i am working on the following:

*The "Essex" class aircraft carrier
*V2 Rockets
*A new point-based research system, where each research facility generate points
*Consequences from having your capital captured, and a 250 second upgrade present on all large cities called "make this city your capital", at the price of 1000 currency and 1000 oil.
*A resource cap (done, currently 10k, but will propaby be raised to 15k). This is to try and maintain the early-game feeling of having to prioritize your spendings, regardless of how large your nation has grown (money never becomes an abundance.)

Level 9
That's cool, the "make this city your capital" thing. And where should players spend their Research Points? Secret weapons, improving units, etc?

Well, here are the few upgrades we have right now:

All factions:
*Improved sonar radius upgrade

Soviet:

*Reestablish military command (removes the "disorganized" debuff from all soviet units and reduces chance of infantry spawning as a standard bearer by 10%)
*Large caliber barrels (gives 85mm barrel to the t34, increasing damage and range)

Germany:
*Heavy tank production (allows production of the tiger tank)
*Reinforced metal plating (adds metal sheet protection to all Panzer IV's, adding to their HP)

And we also have planned for some other ones, like perhaps increased airplane fuel capacity, faster airplane resupply time, general armor and damage increase upgrades, and other stuff.

Level 19
Will it include refuelling while still in the air too?

@Falafelkorv: Miss_Foxy never cares about what we say anyways, she just posts for no other reason than to post, regardless of wether there is something to say. -.-'

WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN FIN?

1. How is that supposed to happen? Are they going to stand on the ground with a hose and shoot fuel at the aircraft? :S
I am pretty sure fueling aircrafts weren't invented in WW2.

2. :O:O:O
I just meant that you don't seem to ever think through what you post, and oftenly disregard things we have said in the past (or in this case, 3 posts above or so), and just post questions that i seriously don't see why you want answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.