1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WoW & Blizzard Game Resources

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by A Void, Jun 29, 2014.

?

Should there be a new complete resource section for Blizzard-related resources -War3?

1. Agree, we need a new resource section for all Blizzard-related resources into War3.

37.8%
  2. Disagree, I' think it should be as it is, users can still upload those resources in the Forums.

36.5%
  3. I don't have any opinion about this subject.

6.8%
  4. <Comment>

18.9%
  1. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Description
    I think it could be a great time to start allowing the uploading of Blizzard related resources in the sections: ex: Models, Skins and Icons in the resource gallery.

It could be a good choice to create a new section in the gallery for WoW models, textures and icons, so that it wont mix-in with War3 quality resources.
    Warcraft III is getting older and to preserve it from totally being abandoned it must have some new changes and resources to use in. Since this could be a great way to start using WoW models with-in War3 maps. They have higher polies, better textures, larger quality and are more effective.

I am also including some of other Blizzard games into this such as: Diablo III, Starcraft II, Heroes of The Storm ect...

The votes will be counted and presented in the staff forums, where various moderators and administrators decide on what further actions to take and how it will come into effect.
    The voting will expire and will not be counted after 2014 - 7 - 20, if anyone hasn't voted or forgot to vote - please do it until the set-date. :)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  2. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Firstly wc3 engine is very outdated by now, nothing of the newer games could be possibly direct-ported into here but only re-created in wc3. You can easily use wow models in sc2 since they are already compatible with and require only minimal tweaking there.
    Secondly i doubt that opening a wow models section would produce any good, since majority of people would submit a random model ripped out of the mpq without any or only minimal edit whatsoever.

3. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Diablo III and Starcraft II models can be converted to .mdx using tools. In case you haven't heard of this. Secondly, your point about Wc3 Engine being outdated makes no point in all this, who cares if it is outdated, it doesn't mean that we must abandon it. Thank you for your opinion. :)

4. Solu9

Solu9

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I like how the poll doesn't have an option saying something like; "I don't think WoW rips should allowed".
    So I went with a comment.

5. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thank You for your opinion, you did actually vote on the poll? You have to vote the option - <Comment> then write a comment.

6. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't agree with just basic WoW rips but things like WoW icons, textures Warcraft 3 Alpha resources etc should be available somewhere, and if that somewhere is an entirely new section so be it.

WoW models ported into Warcraft 3 shouldn't be allowed but if someone was to say greatly reduce their poly count cut down the animations and make them actually usable in a Warcraft 3 map then I'd consider it.

7. chobibo

chobibo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree with Footman.

8. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Recreation of alpha content is already related to wc3 game but doubt that would need its seperate category.
    WoW icons are already fully present on that other site in their different language.
    Texture rips, same probs as model rips. Unless some random saintly person passing by would rework all that stuff into a database for free like that doubt that you would be seeing anything useful ever came out of this. My point is that why even bother when besides the already available few bits and pieces you would have to requisite it or do it yourself in the end, anyways.

9. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am waiting till some moderator/ administrator shares his vote and opinion about this. Would be interesting to hear. :)

10. Solu9

Solu9

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Waiting for what?
    Their approval? Why would you set up a public poll if only a moderator's or admin's vote count?

11. Solu9

Solu9

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Obviously.
    If approved, this will open up a whole new world where you can spam the model section with more rips.

12. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, because it's not like there are gazillion other websites that already are/have been providing exported material from a variety of games for like 10 years now.

Allowing it here accomplishes absolutely nothing except maybe pissing off a bunch of oldfags, and that's that.

13. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, me, as an 'oldfag', would definitely be pissed off. WOW rips, even edited to accomplish the standard of usability undermine the mere I of making models from scratch or make heavy edits from wc3 models.
    If you want to have WOW shit rips go to many of those crappy ripper sites.
    So, no WOW rips are crappy and I am against this idea.

14. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Other sites do not have such a strong community, they will eventually die off. However "War3Sear"(C?) or "HiveWorkShop" has been ever since War3 has been released, it is a constant foundation of game to the modding community. I clearly see how some people are ignorant not to see the whole vision behind this, instead they will keep on to the old ways and just bash the new ideas outside. Yet they don't understand that new ideas bring new variants to the modding community. If you come here just to chat then you are in a wrong place, this is a community that clings to acquire new ways into War3 modding. My suggestions would be to those who are lost: chat on Facebook.

15. Cihparg

Cihparg

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    B-b-b-but my narotu moduls ar bst! Dowload my spelpax pls. Trodrators re evl, mu cntent is bst.

Short answer: No.
    Long answer:

16. Solu9

Solu9

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The idea will kill the very foundation of what this site is about. Modding and creating. Bring creations to life for others to use.
    Great modellers will fall victim to tons of crap rips, and those rips will streamline a lot of the map section as well.
    New ideas are great, but this is far from a new idea. And far from what this site stands for.
    Unless I have understood the purpose of this site the wrong way.

Edit:
    And if you can't stand other people's opinion if they are different than yours, you should really not create threads like this.
    Refering to:

17. Blood Raven

Blood Raven

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Quoted for motherfucking truth.
    About the subject: simply no.

18. chobibo

chobibo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not pissed, don't worry lol... as if it matters lol. I'm not a smart one though lol

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  19. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    That doesn't entitle you to ignore or piss off members like Frankster. Where's your sense btw? Also don't talk to me like I'd be a child on the internet. I never talked like that to you.

20. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Then why did you even told me that you do not advise it? It felt like a threat...