1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

World in Conflict

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Kofi_Banan, Dec 1, 2007.

1. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Quests #2:

- Convoy (B): Protect the arriving convoy at all costs to provide more resources. /// Destroy the convoy before it reaches it's goal.
    - Propoganda (R): Place Propaganda Towers in the located parts of town to let the people fight for the Union.
    - Survivors & Refugees (A): Even though the Russians pounded the whole city, there are reports of incoming refugees and survivors from the city, defend them for [..] time to let the rescue helicopters come and pick them up.

- D-Day Reborn (R):
    The Americans are trying to let history repeat itself, their planning to launch a full scale attack on the shores with tanks, troops and airpower. Place bunkers and other defenses on the beach and hold off for [..] minutes to let reinforcements arrive.
    - The Cannon (R): On the far mountain top there is a old cannon placed which used to defend the seas from incoming armies, take it and let it's own firepower fall on those capitalist dogs.

- Big Bernard (A): The Russians heard of the aware of Big B, we must not let it fall in enemies hands, take it back before it's operational again and blast those communists back to their own country.

2. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Chaos Overlord nice i think ill credit you for ideas :p

Divine did you paly that map :p there is no place for quests i think , to the game play i meant - system , way you fight , order units , number of targets etc. I could go with the convoys. But still dunno exactly how. I could connect two Targets for example convoys from Factory and Town to main bases.

There were few suggestions i want to consider:

-1 Money for kiling enemy units , i think ill go with this one

-2 To control target you need to control 3 points near it, like in WiC what do you think about it?

BETA 0.6b
    DOWNLOAD

3. Chaos Overlord

Chaos Overlord

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just noticed that your tooltips, mainly with units that can carry infantry are messed up. In the bradley, you dont say anything about the cargo space it has, and the Soviet helicopter says it can hold five, while it actually holds eight. You may want to look it over. Also, the BTR-80 had variants taht were used for specialized missions. Of these I can remember Command, Heavy machine gun, cannon, and rocket pod. Perhaps these can be different upgrades tfor teh BTR to allow them to be more specialized? More Info

Ill try the map out later, probably tommorow.

4. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I didnt noticed those tip-bugs, im fixing them wright now.
    BTR-80 versions is brilliant idea! I think rocket and command version will be added soon.
    0.6b has only some minor bug fixes:
    -Control points cant be destroyed now ( in one test guy somehow destroyed most of CPs ;p)
    -Citiy Center capture bug
    -Some balance changes

In 0.7 ill try to fix tips , do more balance , change te income rate a bit (ill add constant +80 to income for all players) , i dont know if ill manage to add spellbooks.

5. Chaos Overlord

Chaos Overlord

Resources:
    Resources:
    Take your time, BETA's are just to get feedback on the map itself. The polish and extra stuff will be in the final version, and thats good enough.

6. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice, gave it a 5/5, it quite ok for a beta still. :)

7. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Update

Currently Generals have 5-4 powers. Im working to add 2 Spell book based
    skills instead of them, -Air Relaeted Powers , -Land Relaeted Powers and Tactical Nuke for high level Generals.
    Air Powers ''Spell book'' will contain:
    -Sky Control - Send Fighters To Guard tagerted area from air attacks. Number of fighters depends on the Air Powrs level(Finished)
    -Air Support- Send Close support planes to attack land units on tagerted area. Number of planes depends on the Air Powrs level.(Finished)
    -Gunship Support- Send Gunships to tagerted area , non-selectable gunships will fight on tagerted area. Number of gunships depends on the Air Powers level.(Finished)
    -Gas Bomb For Soviets
    -Fuel Bomb For USA (Finished)
    -Paradrops (Finished)
    -Tomahawk Strike for USA (Finished)

I didnt developed the Land ''Spellbook'' but it will contain:
    -Vechicle repairs (Finished)
    -Placing Outposts (Bunkers(Finished) , Ammo Magazines(Finished) , Medic Outposts ,Vechicle repair Outposts)
    -Artillery Support
    more to come.

More ideas for Spells ?

Btw here is WiP of c-130
    [​IMG]

I uploaded Mig-29 needed for soviet main fighter. What would you see as US main fighter? F-16 , 15 ?

8. Chaos Overlord

Chaos Overlord

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think an Overdrive woudl be fitting, increasing movement and attack speed while losing health. Just something to use if your going to die anyways, might as well take somethign with you rigth?

Probably f-16, those are really the most recognized plane.

9. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

Bend the wing more down or behind, it looks so stiff/attached now.

10. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Too late i uploaded it Boss xd

I managed to create neutral building capturing system for infantry , i think that will be huge change for urban fights.

Btw screens of Fuel Bomb . Destroying City with this gave me so much fun XDDD

Bombing :
    [​IMG]
    After Bombing:
    [​IMG]

11. Chaos Overlord

Chaos Overlord

Resources:
    Resources:
    So infantry can now garrison inside buildings? Very nice.

12. thisruoy

thisruoy

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    very unfun if 1v1

13. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes i agree , but could you point what should i change?

14. Chaos Overlord

Chaos Overlord

Resources:
    Resources:
    How is this unfair if its 1v1? if you have infantry in a building, all you have to do is order up an artillery to take it out. Problem solved, kthnxbi.

15. raft_pl

raft_pl

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    He said "unfun" not "unfair", Overlord ;P

@Topic
    One question... Are the planes (shown on screenshot) controllable, or they`re being moved very fast in one line by triggers? I mean, that airplanes should just fly extremely fast forward, not make impossible circles around or stay in one place while in air :p

16. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They are not controlable. You can call them with General powers. Bombers flys one time over target. Fighters are making circles over area that you want to protect from air attacks. Only Gunships are controlable. Aircrafts will be controlable when ill create a system for it but for now i dont know how to detect curruent order of unit .

17. Kil1er

Kil1er

Resources:
    Resources:
    landscape in your map is terrible yet.... but gameplay is very good... (ыыы)

18. Feanor_

Feanor_

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Soviet heavy bombers include the Tu-95 (turbo-prop iirc) and Tu-160. Also Tu-144 is a maritime patrol and striker bomber. Tactical bombers are Su-24 Fencer, Su-22 Fitter, Su-25 Frogfoot, Tu-22 Backfire, and Tu-16 Badger. For paratrooper aircraft An-224 iirc. Tell me if you need me to find anything else.

19. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love the Tu-95 'Bear' bomber, awasome engines and awasome plane. :D

20. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm Tu-95 ill go with it as Bomber , Tu-160 is tempting but it cant be used as Paradrop plane till i wont have proper model for it. Research credit for Feanor :p

Could you find most important variations for BTR-80 and Humvee?
    Currently i have only avenger hummve varioation. I plan to make Medic Humvee .
    Are there such variatons for BTR-80? Advice me :p