• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World in Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
It's a bunch of strela-2's (SAM's) stuck on top of a MT-LB APC. I would seriously recommend replacing it with the Buk M1 or Tor M1 tac-SAM's. They were/are far more common division level SAM's. Maybe even Osa SAM's.

EDIT: There is no way that can be heavy AA. Come on. Even Tors and Buks would be tac-SAMs. Heavy AA is S-200/S-300 class complexes (SA-5/SA-10).

Level 3
Haha oh wow :) Way cool!

I acctualy worked on a remake of World in Conflict in W3 myself, but i only set up the acctual rules, never got futher with it.

Your project is much more impressive :)

Level 20
Rocket Artilery for Soviets :p
I made a crappy grad-like model, not accurate at all.
attachment.php

so yeah paladin will come :p

Attachments

• grad.JPG
    grad.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 266
Level 9
sorry for off-topic, but its still funny, how like, the japs are like, "TORA! TORA! TORA! WE WILL KICK AMERICAN ASS!" then we are like, "*sigh* just send a few troops, and kick their primative asses." then japs are like," you cannot beat us!" then we press the red button...twice. japs are like"damn...atoms bombs pwn..."

Level 20
US got Transport Heli ! UH-60 Black hawk
attachment.php

I will try to release new version asap, i still got some worl to do:
-apply new ordering system (50% done)
-animate BTR 80 to amphibious unt (70% done)
-change tooltips (0 %)
-set pathings for new terrain(0 %)
-Rework all old general powers with more advanced triggs(50% done)

Probably will do it before Friday. Wish me good luck :p

Attachments

• bh.jpg
    bh.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 344
Level 20
==Beta 2==

50885.jpeg

World In Conflict Beta 2 Download

Version is not polished but playable. I will update it with quick fixes as soon as i will find them. Please post any suggestions. Especialy for the new ordering system. Is it more fun now? etc.

Illidan(Evil)X gave me permisson to reskin his models. So far i managed to reskin M1- Abrams. Ofc its not that good as illidans but fits other units well.
50914.jpeg

Level 20
So kofi you're sure you're not going to be making any actual tac-SAMs, like Buk, or Tor?
I think so.
Ever thought about a B-2- and a Tu-95 Bear bombing?
Yes, but dont have models for them.
All right, but I can`t order new USA units! They are not avaliable in "order units"
Thx, will fix that.

Im considering to leave this project. No one wants to play it, map is big and hard to understand for noobs. + I worked on last version like for a month and managed to play only 10 min. This is annoying. I may fix all known bugs and relase first and maybe last non beta version. I didnt get bored of this, but i see that my work might be pointless if only like 2 people will play it.

Level 4
Of course, some people can`t understand how to play this map. But I don`t think tthat this is reason to close project. Most of my friends played this map, and they say that map is great. Ah, please, make parkings better, they look as pile of machines.

Level 12
Kofi if I could host I would definately play this all the time. This is one of the few unique and good war maps to get us away from all the other crap on B.net. Im sad, I havent even got to play a game with you yet, but I hope I will get to eventually. I really dont think you need to abandon it.

Level 20
Are you planning any other new models? Like that brdm?

Currently project is on hold i got to rest a bit ;d

Map is ready? I think not.
Its hard to polemize with such statement :p Colud you tell why do you think so :p?
I removed most bugs, added tons of units and models, remade terrain and system.

Altho, I suggest that you darken the skins. It looks like the tanks are to bright in the dark enviroment.

Yeah, i agree i might change that.

Level 5
It's ok if they don't approve them. They'll still be accessable for other map makers to use which is what really counts. If they end up deleting them entirely because they don't like them I'm sure wc3diplo.org or pollama.com would be willing to host them.

Status
Not open for further replies.