• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World in Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
WILLTHEALMIGHTY, b2m models are huge file huge poly huge texture, map is enough big i think. Choppers were rescaled , i think they are good now. And there is a way to intercept planes. You can:
-call Fighters with sky control ability
-drop Vulcans or SAMs
-use rocket infantry
-use anti-air land vehicles

Kil1er, you are right paradrop plane will have more HP. Thx!

Level 4
Mig 29 texture is ugly. I founded better texture and converted form other game...

Attachments

• Copy of Su-27_05.jpg
    Copy of Su-27_05.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 159
Level 5
The Texture you posted is an Su-27 as the sign on the picture clearly says. It's also taken from another game. And finally kofi's texture for the MiG is rather well done. His planes are just too big on screen. I recommend he reduces their size so they're not such a big distraction.

Level 9
yea, i want the ones Feanor_ was talking about. anyway, kofi, people suggested that for my ww3 map, i add control points and stuff...it would make my map better, but i am not sure whether i should or not. i dont want to take your map idea, even though i had already thought of control points wen i first made my map, but i never added them, cuz i thought theyd be gay. as well as i thought of them, you probably thought of them way before me, idk.

2 posts to go!

Level 20
I)eath2u4me PM me what exactly models you want. Ill send them to you. I see no reason to not add CPs to your map. This idea is not my property. Firstly i would change landscape of your map, as for now CPs wouldnt improve the game much, as there is only one land pasage to enemys continent.

Feanor i had no time recently to work much. Only thing i started doing is Black hawk model.
I also finnaly bought actual WiC game xD Ill try to make map more similar do original game, as soon as i will find some time to do it :p

Attachments

• uh 60.JPG
    uh 60.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Level 20
Im working on new features.
1. When you capture control point and will hold it for 30 sec ( still thinking how long) Defence Outposts will appear around the CP:
-Anti Tank
-Anti Infantry
-Anti Air
attachment.php

2. You will be able to set Reinforcements spawn point. Altough spawn point will have to be near Control Point controled by your team.

3. I managed to get rid of bugs from ordering system.

4.I will add tips for newbies on loading screen. I hope this will decrease number of: ''Wot DE FUK is that! Wot TO DO! Stupid map i leave!!''

5. Win/Loose Conditions changes.
-To overcome ultra long games, after 30 min teams with biggest number of controled CPs will win.
-Controling 100% of CPs brings victory.

6. New Units:
-Transport Helicopters for both teams.
-BRDM for Soviets.
brdm-2_prev01_small.jpg

-Might add light tanks like
PT-76
image.php

and
Sheridan.
acys1311.jpg

-I hope M60 finnaly will come xd

7. New Abilities hat i plan to add:
-Paradrops as Generals Abilities.
-Carpet bombing
-Napalm strike

Please post any other suggestions.

New version will come as soon as i will finish it :p

Attachments

• ca1.JPG
    ca1.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 191
  • ca2.JPG
    ca2.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 146
  • ca3.JPG
    ca3.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 160
Level 5
Good to see the major progress. A couple more questions, have you finally considered replacing the MiG-31 with the Su-25 (or Su-24)? and maybe the F-16 with the F-15? The F-15 was (is) the main American air superiority fighter.

Level 5
Looks great. Except that carpet bombing is not what you think it is. It was the practice of bombing areas of land rather then specific targets. The AoE of carpet bombings would cover your entire game map several dozen times over. I recommend renaming it to something else.

Level 9
off-topic: hellclown, in ur sig, "We are watching and when it all ends we will know why.
From the ashes of it all we will rise to begin anew." what does that mean exactly?

on-topic: hey kofi agood idea would be making unit groups, like, when you select one unit, it selects for from a group as one whole unit, like in WiC. just an idea.

Level 20
New Version is ready but my Internet prevents me from any upload... 75% of the day i have 0 connection, 20% crappy connection. I contacted my ISP but he says evrything is ok... Dont know what is goin on. As soon my net will be back i will uplaod the map.

Feanor when talking about realism, remember its still a game :p I havent played 100% realistic game yet.
Not approved models are not visible for not logged users i think. They are there.

Death i thoguht of such system with infantry squads etc but first i have to elarn how to use locals ;d

Level 9
hahaha, sombody's gotta rep for getting the tank correct, cuz kofi already repped me for something else and cant rep me again. i want TDB to rep me, cuz he has a blue gem :D

edit: FEANOR_, YOU RUINED MY CHANCE OF GETTING LIKE +4 REP FROM TDB, NOOOOOOO.................oh well lol, thx for rep anyways

Level 7
Kofi, change hotkey for smoke grenades. S is already occupied by STOP. Dunno how in Polish warcraft, because I don't use it, got tired with this stupid dubbing ^^

Anyway, played the map, and it's AWESOME. But it's for private games only, no sense to host it public. + with full house- lot's of chaos, better to play 3v3, 2v2 or 1v1. Keep up the good job!

Level 34
Kofi, change hotkey for smoke grenades. S is already occupied by STOP. Dunno how in Polish warcraft, because I don't use it, got tired with this stupid dubbing ^^

Anyway, played the map, and it's AWESOME. But it's for private games only, no sense to host it public. + with full house- lot's of chaos, better to play 3v3, 2v2 or 1v1. Keep up the good job!

Should we pick the G of Gernades then?

Status
Not open for further replies.