1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

World in Conflict

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Kofi_Banan, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    what greeny thing

2. LudwigVonDrake

LudwigVonDrake

Resources:
    Resources:
    the one up of what, i dont know that thingy, but up of that, its greeny ~_~ and whats that greeny?

3. valkemiere

valkemiere

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i like your map progress, slow but sure.
    can't waiting for beta release.

4. daw_guy

daw_guy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looks like this map is coming along great.
    It was kindof hard for me to understand where the bases were until I saw the drawing on page 3.

5. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I made two tests with Jacek and another with Rao Dao Zao and Nerubrator.
    There are few more things to do to make it palyable so i can realease public beta:
    -there are bugs in income and win/loose system
    -a small icon problem
    -unit descriptions

Also during the test i noticed that my T-80 model sucks badly :d comparing to Illidans Abrams Model so i started making a new one , i hope much better one including new texture.

Attached Files:

6. panther-anthro

panther-anthro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice models Kofi, keep up the great work.

7. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    New T-80 models is finished. I made also first public test on Bnet. First opinions were good , but there were few bugs which im currently working on . There was huge imbalance due to fact that USA had no Anti-Air unit. I managed to make Stinger model so the imbalance should be decreased.
    The terrain needs huge work , urban enviroment is still very poor. I have nothing than Buildings and some Fences.
    The Beta will be relalesd within next two days. I desperetly need beta testers. If someone helps me i can garantie credit and Rep+.

Attached Files:

8. Chaos Overlord

Chaos Overlord

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was just looking over this thread and I got an idea for a general power. Its called Air Support or somethign like that and when used it calls in X helicopters to the targeted position where they will patrol attacking any enemy units that come near for Y seconds. They are uncontrollable but they should be attackable.

9. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I got thing like that it calls support of migs for soviets and a-10 for USA , i think ill add your idea but i duuno how to add more than 5 spells to a hero xd

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
  10. Chaos Overlord

Chaos Overlord

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well you could use spellbooks to seperate your ideas into like reinforcements and support. Then the air strikes and helicopters and whatever else you may have thats direct supports goes into that one, and the reinforcements would be stuff like bunkers and paratroopers. The only thing is it will look really stupid if you dont fill them both up, so it will give some motivation to get my spells for your general.

Idk if you solved the infantry thing yet, but American infantry should be stronger and more expensive, while soviet infantry are only good if you zerg the enemy. Like Red Alert 2.

11. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    I got a idea Kofi, if you played C&C: Generals, you noticed that units couldn't shoot through buildings, but instead had to walk around to shoot, maybe you can try that! How about it? :]

Good idea? ^^

Love your screens and concept things, love it, +rep. :D

Edit: You forgot the Stuka, if I'm correct. It's very good vs. Air but weak against land.

12. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Beta 0.5

BETA 0.5
    DOWNLOAD

After few tests done i think its playable enough for beta release. Plz Comments!

Map ofc isnt done yet. Terrain and genrelas powers arent finished yet.
    Chaos Overlord ill try to make the spell books like you said Thx.

DivineBoss good idea but how to do that xd?

13. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ask a scripter, JASSer or any other dudes? xD

How do I know? I'm just your average friend.

14. Chaos Overlord

Chaos Overlord

Resources:
    Resources:
    Put LoS Blockers on the buildings? At elast that way they cant see through the buildings, so they will have to go around them to see the enemies anyways.

Ill try out the map and report any bugs and the like.

15. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, that has actually not much of a use, if the building gets blown up too what's the use of LoS's then? Or if you got a other unit at the other end? Has also no use.

We need a pro for this one!

16. Chaos Overlord

Chaos Overlord

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright I just tested it out for a few and I have some comments and crits

The Migs in teh Airstrike would fly very messed up. As they were flying, very slowly for an airplane I might add, they were shaking very badly in the sky. Instead of streamlined jetplanes, they looked flew like WW2 fighters.

Instead of having the Generals look like tents, change them too some invisible model. Having Generals on the battlefield isnt that realistic anyways, and then having a jumble of tents just looks bad also.

I liked the system of delivering the units, very good idea.

Thats about it... and more general abilites, of course. How about an incindiary bomb? Does X damage every Y seconds for Z seconds, with the X and Z being increased every level?

17. raft_pl

raft_pl

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This could be done by putting generals very close to the map borders, immobiling them, and then putting camera bounds so players won`t see the generals in-game. Like in Blizzard`s Death Sheep ;P

18. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    odeezwaƂ sieee raaafci xD

1 i dunno why the migs fly so stange.
    2 Yes , ill make the generals invisible units. (added to my to do list)
    3 incindiary bomb is nice idea , (added to my to do list)
    next to IMP bomb , MOAB , FOAB , small nukes and....?

Any suggestions to the gameplay ? how to make it more atractive and fun etc?

19. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    How about... Uhm... QUESTS!

Like:
    - Rescue the Hostages (B): Enemy forces have taken civillian hostages, save them with minimal losses.
    - Supply Route (B): Destroy the enemy precious supply route to cause severe damage to their income / / Defend your fragil supply route for [..] time.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  20. Chaos Overlord

Chaos Overlord

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol I was just thinking about your map today during mass and came up with some more spells. The idea of a new spellbook full of Effectiveness spells. For instance, the mass repair woudl be one such spell. Another possible spell would be somethign like Overdrive, increasing your units movement and attack speed at the cost of losing hp every second. based on Unholy Frenzy. Spells that are like that.

Dont forget to make DISBTN's. I remember a lot of greens.