• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World in Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Could you say something more what i need to work on^^? I wont put custom music i think it would take much space.
Map is still in development , some of the effects will appear when ill finish spells for them (napalm bombing , carpet bombing) I was wondering if you could make the FAE effect bigger so it would be like 600 AoE.
EDIT:
noter T-72 ip i hope it looks a bit more accurate
29824.jpeg

Last edited:
Level 34
Dude if you made A and no one comments it you keep going with A and that may result in something ugly. :)

But if you make A and we comment it to B for best and you go B it may become something that may become the #1 on THW.

Know what I'm sayin'? o_O

Freedom of speech ftw.

Edit: Shouldn't you fix your sig? I thought you had a new T-80. :p

Level 5
Hmm also instead of the avenger you could use the Vulcan AA gun. It's a lot more similar to the Shilka then the Avenger system, which is in effect a tac-SAM. It's an M113 chassis with a 20mm gatling AA gun.

m163_DASC9000067_JPG.jpg

vulcan02.jpg

vulcan14.jpg

Level 34
Hmm, I always thought those were used for a storm-assault or transport people. Seems out that you also can fit other guns on it :D

Did you know the M113 is one of the best armored APCs on the world? Most produced? Longest durability? Great speed and costs? Awasome innovation?

Except on other issue: I never really liked the shape of it.

Level 34
I saw it in a typical American ''The top 10 [Thinger]'' on Discovery. Can't help it.

But I do have saw it's armor was weak vs. chemical stuff. Would harm the crew.

Idea: Don't know if this already came or not; When a vehicle dies, there's a chance that the crew (or driver) would make it out alive, but injured.

Example: T-80 Tank gets blown to pieces, it dies. There are 3 people in it.
10% that the whole crew makes it out alive with 50% HP.
20% that the whole crew makes it out alive with 25% HP.
30% that the whole crew makes it out alive with 10% HP
40% that 2/3 makes it out alive with 50% HP.
50% that 2/3 makes it out alive with 25% HP.
60% that 2/3 makes it out alive with 10% HP.
70% that 1/3 makes it out alive with 50% HP.
80% that 1/3 makes it out alive with 25% HP.
90% that 1/3 makes it out alive with 10% HP.
100% that no one will survive it.

These factors are build up by the way, 10% chance for each factor.

Goddamn, can't see the nuke, since I have to play alone... and cheats don't work. :(

EDIT: About the bigger FAE bomb, those bombs have big shockwaves, so the fire/smoke doesn't cover the entire blast area. No need to add more fire or smoke if it isn't needed. You could always add a small dust explosion (impale dust or something) on every target that gets hit.

Level 23
Flight of the Valkyrie, such a great piece of music.
I had an ability in one of my Hero Survival maps for a Goblin Engineer called "Goblin Airport". It spawned an airport somewhere with a modified Locust Swarm ability. When you clicked the ability, dozens of Goblin Fighterplanes would spawn, flying in a really big range around the airport.... and that music would start playing. It was hilarious.

Level 20
Napalm bombers will come as soon as posible :p
Hmm, laser weapons are too futuristic i think.

I decided to add AA systems for both sides. Vulcan for USA and SAM site for Soviets. Now i got two options:
Both will requiere nearby radar to shoot.
or
Radar will incraise their attack much.

which would you go with?

So far i made Vulcan model.

Attachments

• vulcanSkrin.JPG
    vulcanSkrin.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 176
Level 5
Kofi the Vulcan is an automatic AA gun. It doesn't use radar as far as I know. It's primarily used against lowflying aircraft. Soviet SAM sites (make it the S-300 Favorit please) come with a separate radar vehicle.

Here's an S-300:

S300PM_FIRE01.JPG

And the radar trucks look like this:

s300pmu2.jpg

Oh and keep in mind all SAMs in the Soviet Army were at least semi-mobile. So maybe give it packing and unpacking time (which is how it worked in real life).

S-300PMU-Battery-LL.gif

Level 20
I)eath2u4me lol they are in model section if not , tell me which.

I made Armored recovry vehicle for soviets it supposed to look like BREM-1.
Now i need M88 Hercules and i can put them to next version :p

Feanor were there any stationary SAMs in soviet use?

Attachments

• bremSkrin.JPG
    bremSkrin.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 193
Level 5
No there weren't (at least not in '89). Use the S-300 and give it a long pack/unpack time. The two sides don't have to mirror each other. And make the Vulcan-M113 a ZSU-Shilka counterpart. Then make the Avenger system more powerful and more expensive, with no unpack time but much less range and damage then the S-300. So you would get a SPAAG for each side (Vulcan and Shilka) and a tac-SAM for the U.S. (high rate of fire, low damage low range, no unpack time) and a strat-SAM for Soviets (low rate of fire high range and high damage).

EDIT: And I mean you don't have to go by what I post. I'm just throwing out how they would work like in real life.

Oh and one more thing. Your F-16 isn't an F-16. You probably used the wrong model from that site I gave you. Yuor F-16 is a MiG-21 model.

Look this is a MiG-21

mig-21-line.gif

This is an F-16

f-16.gif

I hope that helps. I can send you a nice F-16 model done for me by a friend of mine. He probably wouldn't mind you using it.

Level 5
Hmm. As a close up it does look more like an F-16. In-game the wings look too short (in terms of wingspan) and too long (in terms of running along the hull). The tail fin is also almost unnoticeable mainly because of angle. Here's the one that jekyll from PR Forums made for me.

Ok found it.

f-16wload.jpg

Level 20
Ill try to edit my model ,thx.

M88 is made , will be added soon with BREM as ARVs. Finnaly there will be way to repair vehicles with no mana cost. Repair cost will be half cost of ordering new unit, i hope this will make the game more interesting.

Attachments

• m88skrin.JPG
    m88skrin.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 143
  • m88skrin2.JPG
    m88skrin2.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 147
Level 9
Off-Topic: WHY is it so boring? If you would tell me, I could make it better. People never say why they dont like my map, OR why they DO like my map. So I really don't care about those people because they shouldn't have even said anyhting in the first place. If they did tell me why, I would have respect for them.

On-Topic: Yea, the paladin is a pretty sweet unit, i've seen it in action on TV lolz. It not hot, its "hawt".

Level 5
Ill try to edit my model ,thx.

M88 is made , will be added soon with BREM as ARVs. Finnaly there will be way to repair vehicles with no mana cost. Repair cost will be half cost of ordering new unit, i hope this will make the game more interesting.

That simply means that it's worth it to repair if the unit is under half HP and not worth it if it's not. Then again that does kind of make sense.

Level 5
I see. So have you decided on the idea for SAMs? And also are we going to see the ARVs released publicly?

EDIT: Oh and another question. Are we going to see a T-72 or M60A3 any time soon?

Last edited:
Level 20
BREM looks like shit lol , i dunno if its worth of uploading. Texture for american units is not ready , it will be used also for M113 vulcan mount , M60a3 and other US vehicles that will come , so M-88 will be released when ill finish the texture. If someone need them now PM me.

Anti air units will probably be , SA-13 Gopher and ZSU-23-4 Shilka for
USSR and M163 VADS ,M730A2 for USA. Need some time to make those models. Im not sure about the S-300.

T-72 and M60a3 should come soon( about a week).

Edit:
I decied to add Ah-64 Apache and Mi-28 Havoc.

I attach wip of Ah-64.

Attachments

• ah-screen.JPG
    ah-screen.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Level 13
It's definitely cool!
But as someone mentioned before, the houses doesn't work very well with the tileset.

I would consider to change the overall setting to jungle instead of urban.

Though urban might fit better, it may spoil the overall impression of the map because of a raw and unpolished terrain. If you choose a jungle setting, you'll be able to use a real large pool of existing and custom doodads to create a real nice scenario that'll push a high potential map like this to the level it's meant to be.

If you are sceptic, you may send me the source and I'll make some screenshots with a jungle setting just to show the difference...

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Level 20
Hmm , i changed the tileset thought its better now , dunno which version did you play.
One of the main points of this map is urban terrain, i wont change it :p.

AH-64 is finished. Now comes time for Mi28 havoc :p
Mdx takes 50kb , texture 100kb but i use it for all new Us units.
File size was the main reason i made Ah-64. If somone wants it PM me :p

Attachments

• ah-screen2.JPG
    ah-screen2.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 229
Level 13
One of the main points of this map is urban terrain, i wont change it :p.

Yeah I see, actually makes sense ^^. Though you could change to jungle with keeping all the roads, houses etc. I've just played a bit around and I really like your map. But the terrain is definitely not on the level it could be. I'm thinking of shrubs, plants, bushes, palms etc. instead of some trees only.
Beside that, shrubs would also add a certain tactical value so you can hide soldiers in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.